Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,402 of 1,842 1 2 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It is amazing as ever from what I'm told.

I was just talking to one of my employee's from SD on the phone who just got back from Devils yesterday and they hammered 'em. Nice ones too. Also, got 9 northern over 15 lbs.

Ironically, Tzone text me for a fishing report as I was talking to him. lol

He did say though that they didn't see that many other boats. I don't know if that was because it was a "during the week" thing or what.

Last edited by Rooster7; 08/01/14.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I've never been there so I'm excited anyway!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good luck and have fun. I know they have had good fishing just been told its nothing like it used to be. As long as your fishing its still a good time.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I don't know how it used to be. grin I went ice fishing with the chickenbuck crew a few years back. Had more fun there and caught a good pile of walleyes. Found out later the fishing wasn't very good. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I owe you a phone call too, Buschy. Are you around this weekend?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I m around most days and nights. Heading to rock harbor tonight but will be around all week too.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
we just got back from Wisc Dells. I felt like a cow in a herd of cattle. Man, were there people there! Kids had fun, that is what counts!

Thanks for the nice comments on our Parent/Daughter shoot. The next event will be much, MUCH bigger. Thanks to Gophergunner for helping us out, he seems almost as excited as I am for this thing! Looks like close to 30 different activities now. We are going to do Tomahawk/Knife throwing. I wish I could have done that when I was a kid! Heck, I may push all the kids out of the way and hog that station myself! Does anyone wanna volunteer to put an apple on their head while I chuck a tomahawk at it?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
B-man, did you go on the Duck Rides!!!..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bman can I send my ex wife up for that tomohack event ?

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For this deer season I will be constructing two 5x6 deer blinds .

The wife and I have been hunting out of ground blinds more each year.

She has balance issues and its just not safe for her to climb a tree and our grandson may go with us some this year . He is only three so a shooting house will help hide his noise and movement . I have not built a box blind before so any advise would be appreciated

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mule1
Bman can I send my ex wife up for that tomohack event ?

grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Uh, yeah, sure....I see no reason why ex-wives wouldnt be good at balancing apples on their heads. How nice of you guys to include her! eek

We are advertising 34 different ways for this thing from South Dakota to St Cloud.

Kinda of funny how I didnt think too much of the crowds at Wisc Dells, but I am hoping for one for this event!

Nope, didnt do the duck boats at the Dells.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good on you Bman for spending so much time on a very worthy event

If we were a few hundred miles closer I would bring our little Mr.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
mule1,every shooting house I ever built was 4'X8'.Good size and easier to build since it is multiples of 8.Use solid sheets of "Norboard" and paint them heavily.Use corrugated translucent sheets for the roof to give you more light inside.Put it on 4"x4"
treated and skid it.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mule1,
I suppose you could slap a shippng lable on the little Mr. and FEDEX him up here....

I am sure you have thought of these, but maybe one of these ideas will be new...On your box stand, line both the floor and walls with old carpet. It makes it soooo much quieter. if you touch your binocs to the plywood wall, it makes a loud sound. If it is carpeted, you can almost hit it with a hammer and not make a sound.

really think about how you are going to keep water out of it. Are you going roof/windows? Cheap windows make noise and dont open nice. Another thing we like is putting the ladder at an angle and havine a tiny porch. It makes getting into the stand way easier and much safer.

My uncle built the stand (legs) out of 2" pipe welded together. Oh man, that thing disappears in the woods (other than the box part). Rock solid, it will never rot. it is also easy to make the skid and tow wherever you want. Lastly, lots of hooks and little shelves for gloves, binocs, water bottles, minivan brochures, etc.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stan I had to look up that "Norbord" we call it waffer board or OSB and yes that's what I'm using t111 would be better but I'm on a small budget .

I have some OSB that's already stapled to 2x2 so the first one will be 5x6 . I got a bargain on five sheets of camp OSB so the second one could be 4x8 we'll see how it goes .

Carpeted floors is a must I know and already have some also thinking of painting the inside black.

What about spraying it with Thompsons water seal this year and painting it next year ?

I have some tinted plexiglass so I'll be making my own windows

And for this season both blinds will be on the ground I just don't have the time or resources to get the elevated this year .

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Here's one of the most recent elevated 4'x4' enclosed stands I put together.

[Linked Image]

I pre built these modular style so they could be carried to the location easier and put together with screws. And not those whimpy ass Philips head sheet rock screws, use decent construction screws with a thick shank and a torx head is a plus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I went with slider windows in these, the plexi runs side to side in the grooves of some old T&G boards that I have screwed into place with the tongue grooves retaining the plexi glass edges.

You will need some young helper slaves to help carry the modular sections out to the stand location.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

These are the "wafer board/OSB/norboard" that you guys both mentioned. I painted the crap out of it with some left over gray automotive grade urethane. oil based exterior enamel from the hardware store would work well too.

Just try to do a better camo job than I did and you will be golden.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I know another spot you can put one of those up!!

grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mule1

What about spraying it with Thompsons water seal this year and painting it next year ?

Thompsons water seal is JUNK. Do not use that. TWP 100 Series is one that is pretty highly recommended for outdoor water proofing.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dave, I see the Double Nine at your waist.
At age 73 I don't get up in trees anymore.
It would take too long to heal if I fell.
I use a portable tent like ground blind with built in stick chair. Twelve pounds. Rainresistant.Great sleeping.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 08/06/14.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 1,402 of 1,842 1 2 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.