Hop To
Page 4 of 1,842 1 2 3 4 5 6 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's great Willy!! Good for you!!

Good luck to you & your old group, I hope you have a great time & I hope you all make a go of it for many years to come.

Dave

Something clever here.

GB1

W
W
Thanks Dave I`ll keep checking your progress with the camp Good luck..

Footsteps in the sand he held me in his hand,and in the other he held a Savage. Truly this must be Heaven!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I can't believe it's Friday already.

My oldest boy & I went out last night & got the tin sheeting on the west side of the roof.

So, now I can keep half of the rain out... smile

[Linked Image]

Dave

Something clever here.

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Coming along great, maybe you wont have any more rain until it you have it dried in.

Scott

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh I hope you're right. Forecast is good... we'll see.

Might be able to button up the east side tonight, then I can relax a little.

Something clever here.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well guys, it's been raining up here off & on for a couple of days, and it doesn't bother me a bit because I got my cabin roof done on Sat.

Sure feels good, I cut in the front windows but haven't installed them yet. Maybe this week I'll work on some of that stuff. I wanted to get the siding oil stained before seting the windows in place.

oh, I made a decorative improvement to the out house too, pulled a little buck skull off an ant pile & hung it over the door.

here's the latest photos.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've coasted for 2 days straight, can't take it any more.

Boom-Shack-a-Lacka!!! it's shack time!!!

Head'n for the woods!!!

two days worth of dust on the tools, unaceptable!!

status report to follow in the morning.

Dave out.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love seeing the progress your making. Y'all are gonna be having some fun shortly.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I've got no pictures today because things really haven't changed shape that much. I took my oldest boy out there last night & we just did a lot of misc tasks. We drove a bunch of screws in the floor were we were lacking some, went around the outside with the nail gun & nailed the corners good, drove some screws in the bottom plate, screwed the rafter heals down along the west eve, ... stuff like that.

Then we lit some charcoal, grilled a few burgers & sat down & ate in our future kitchen area.

Tonight I'll work on preparing the ceiling for sheeting. We'll be nailing some lateral bracing up in the rafters, then stapling some plastic to the ceiling from the inside of the cabin, then sheeting the ceiling with OSB. Thinking I'll maybe pick up some ring shank sheeting nails for the nailer for that. Then we'll blow in the insulation in the ceiling.

lots of fresh deer tracks out there, mornings are cooler... the hunting bug is starting to get me. Small game & deer archery will be open in less than a month!!

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
For the long weekend it was me, the wife & the kids working on the shack. We got all of the windows in, we put a polly vapor berrior on the ceiling & then sheeted the ceiling with OSB.

I'll try to close in the gable ends tonight.

with the ceiling closed in tight & all the windows in we could stay over night out there now with cots or something & the bugs wouldn't get us.

here are a couple new pictures.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's really taking shape now! Very nice work! Y'all are going to have a great time this Fall.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats nice, lots of good times to be had!

Scott

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave... awesome, man! "Camps" are very special places. The modern world is eating that kind of good energy and crapping out stress, bad marriages, bad parenting, and bad decisions. What you are doing will be a bulwark against that kind of crap.

Good on ye!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thanks guys, me & my oldest boy went back out last night but didn't get as much done as we wanted to. I had to change a flat on the truck half way back to the cabin out in the woods. seems I picked up a very large chunk of steel rod, about 10" long. Made for a very flat tire.

Me & the oldest boy are going to camp out in the cabin on Friday night, it will be the first time we've stayed out there overnight. he's pretty excited about it, so am i. It will be so nice to not have to drive home in the dark & then wake up at home, pack our stuff & head back out there for the day.

we'll just crash out there on cots when we get tired on friday night, wake up sat morning & get to work.

oh it's gonna be great.

Something clever here.

BMD Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like it will be a good time.

Scott

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

Did you build the trusses or buy them?
Tom

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Tom, what's up?

Yeah we bought em, picked em up at lowes for like 26 bucks a piece after a 10% discount for applying for a store card that I won't use.

For that price I couldn't mess around trying to make them.

24' span 4 in 12' pitch, common low heal, nuthin fancy, like a garage package truss.

We closed in the front side gable end last night with sheeting. We're gonna stay out there tonight & it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so we will probably be working inside tomorrow pulling a little wire, insulating walls & probably some sheeting on inside of ext walls.

Should be fun tonight!!
Me & my boy, a friend & his boy... and some coke & the captain is coming too I guess... he's been ranting on about "set sail!!" or something...

so, we'll probably get pretty smart tonight & solve everybodies problems.

smile

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hi Dave,

For that price I wouldn't mess with building them either. The place is really looking good. Makes me jelous. Have fun....tell the captian I said hi. He'll remember me, we've sailed a few time together.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Dave,

Looks really awesome!!!!

My meager suggestions.

For the biffy, take a piece of the pink foam and make a seat out of it. Keeps your butt nice and warm on those cold -whatever mornings. We've used coffee cans with the lids to store the tp in.

Also, keep a log book of some sorts. Date, what you did, who was there, etc. I've seen them range from nice leather bound jobs to literally writing on the wall. Makes for nice and sometimes interesting reading for everybody down the line.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Weekend was a flop, came down with the flu on friday evening & stayed sick all weekend.
What a waste of a weekend, didn't get anything accomplished.

it's cooling off fast, time to get a wood stove out there.

thinking about building one myself, I made one for our other shack a few years ago & that one's been working very well, I just don't have any time though.

I was thinking something like this
[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Page 4 of 1,842 1 2 3 4 5 6 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,848
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.