Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 665 of 1,842 1 2 663 664 665 666 667 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, and lots of it. smile

Not sure if you just call there and ask if you can buy some or how that works.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
mmmmmm, bear bait...

grin

I guy I used to work with was the goofiest SOG I've ever seen...He is a bear guide. Sells bait and all. He'd get bait by the semi load in 55gal drums. I was at his place BS'ing about bear hunting and what he uses for bait. He shows me some barrels and starts nibbling on some of the "snacks" Some of it was candy, he grabbed some cookies, then pulled a big handful of gummy bears and stuck them in his pocket, and a few in his mouth. crazy

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You only have a week left....keep throwing it on the floor for us. grin

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Think you could toss some over to Wiscony? smile

We've received 6" of snow so far. Nine inches in Green Bay. mad

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was so ready to just walk out of there at about 2:30 this morning. I had the same operator I had the other night. The supervisor is not much better, not much common sense there. I didn't walk out because I had to put in a big licorice order this morning, and I can't get it till tomorrow morning so I have to work the whole shift tomorrow too. wink

I asked the lady if there is a limit to how much I can get at a time. She said "no, if you have the money you can get as much as you want". So if I can put up with the BS I may have to get more. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You could start a new soap opera... As the Licorice Twists.

laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah. Now after all the drama with the supervisor and that gal that got fired, it is a big joke in town that we started making Blow Pops. laugh

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I got my 3 boxes of licorice so I told them I didn't need to work anymore. smile

But really, since I put in my 2 week notice last week the supervisor has had me going solo on line eventhough I'm not ready to do that yet. I've been on line when there are 2 ladies that should have been getting trained in. I asked the supervisor why that was and he said he didn't know next Wednesday was my last day. The HR lady never told him, when she said she was. Still, I told him that right away lastnight and he still didn't move me off the line.

I went in and talked to Nancy (HR Cordinator) and told her the situation. She said she told the main shop manager and he must not have told the supervisor. Still, I told the supervisor I was not trained in enough to be on my own yet and he obviously didn't care because I've been doing it for the last week. I told her that I regret doing this but I can't work till next Wednesday. So lastnight was my last night of work there. I wanted to finish out my 2 weeks, but not if it was going to continue like it has the last week. At least I didn't just not show up. Ok, enough rambeling. smile

Last edited by Muffy; 04/21/11.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I haven't posted here much lately since I've been spending any free time working on my car project.

I just had to pop in and tell about Pam's new project.

For many years now I've wanted to put together kind of a hobby car for Pam, sunny day/weekend cruiser of some sort. Be it a 1st generation mustang coupe, a little chevy II, perhaps a 1970 monte like the one we bought for her when we were first married (nice by the way)

Well she has chosen her own project. And we may be dragging it home next weekend.

Her restoration/sunny day cruiser vehicle will be....

You'll love this...

A 1979 Ford F150 Ranger 4x4, regular cab, long bed, 351 engine, 4 spd trans, part time transfer case (NP205).

Her daddy's pickup truck from her childhood.

How about that?

grin

I'm getting over run by ford pickup trucks up here....

If I ever get them all restored WTF are we going to do with them all? Open a dealership?

I'm trying to remember the exact color of the truck, thinking it is something like this:

[Linked Image]

That's me and Pam in the photo, I have my leisure suit on with my big collar shirt.

Of course her truck is a 4 wheel drive though and she'll want it to look a little more like this.

[Linked Image]

So there you have it, I guess she�s a truck girl.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinAhyhh,well she DID marry a gun nut/hunting maniac/gearhead did she not???? And you act SURPISED????? grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No I'm happy for her, you should see her, it's funny. So excited about fixing up her dad's old pickup.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is cool. Especally when it is her dad's.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thats the same shirt your wearing at work today Dave!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It's my good shirt.

The wind caught the collar once, flipped it up and gave me a black eye, almost knocked me out.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Of course her truck is a 4 wheel drive though and she'll want it to look a little more like this.

[Linked Image]

So there you have it, I guess she�s a truck girl.

Ma's bad ass.... I'm just sayin.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's my good shirt.

The wind caught the collar once, flipped it up and gave me a black eye, almost knocked me out.

Wind blows on a shirt like that, it's liable to blow a guy down the road.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Many moons ago, I turned this:

[Linked Image]

into this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I can't tell you all how excited I am to actually be able to bring home Dad's truck!!!!

We hauled many many big round bales with that truck, I made many trips to the hay fields, picked up many tractor parts, and yes even got into a little trouble that Dad still doesn't know about. grin

So until we can get to work on my truck, I'll be out helping Dave with his car. Not to mention that he can't buy me a Monte Carlo like I used to have or I'd take a Shelby Mustang too...I'm not picky. They are all fun plus a girl's gotta have a nice variety to choose from in the morning.

Guess a father does hold his daughter's heart forever, because this daughter is brought to tears thinking about that old truck and the memories it holds.

Next Sunday can't get here fast enough for me but until then I have some meals to burn. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

On the finished truck (black one), is that a pinstripe around where the trim piece goes?

Page 665 of 1,842 1 2 663 664 665 666 667 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.