Hop To
Page 687 of 1,842 1 2 685 686 687 688 689 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
You did well TJAY. We're getting ready for our family get together on the Chippewa FLoage this coming weekend. Think I'm going to need a semi to haul all the stuff on the wife's shopping list.

Save me some bluegills and walleyes Bill. I'll be a few weeks behind you. Don't mess up my cabin too bad. grin

I hear the Gills are just starting up there. Not much being said about Walleyes. I'm sure I could manage to leave a few surprises laying around for you. smile Are you going to be able to get the whole week off?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
tzone

That looks like a lot of work. Also looks like fun but I have no talent when it comes to working on vehicles. Keep the pictures coming.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well Rainy was fun. Fishing was kinda tough. I did manage some okay pike...a 38", a 36" and a few more over 30". Nothing I would call big. Walleyes were scarce until the last afternoon where we boated a dozen or so in an hour or so. biggest was 25.5. Nice and peaceful. Sitting on the deck overlooking Rainy was nice...I counted 8 loons singing to us at one point. then two guys decided we needed some music cry. Why on earth would you rather listen to some crappy music over loons yodeling on a quiet night?? Another guy and I just shook our heads.

Oh, my depthfinder (a Lowrance 332c) decided to go belly up. According to Fish Lectronics, it is now a boat anchor. I am waiting for Lowrance customer service to confirm. All my GPS points were in there too!!! mad Okay, back at ya after my talk with Lowrance. Does anyone need a boat anchor? mad

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I hear the Gills are just starting up there. Not much being said about Walleyes. I'm sure I could manage to leave a few surprises laying around for you. smile Are you going to be able to get the whole week off?

Yeah, I got the whole week off. You want to come back and fish with me for a day?

Pete, his brother, and a friend got back on Saturday from there. They fished the west side and did well on the gills. Crappies are done. Gills were in 1.5' of water. They didn't fish for walleyes. I haven't heard much on that either.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TJAY
tzone

That looks like a lot of work. Also looks like fun but I have no talent when it comes to working on vehicles. Keep the pictures coming.

I have a bunch of pictures in the truck forum. Check it out. Not nearly the quality of work Dave does, not even in the same arena, but I'm learning a bunch, which was the purpose of this truck anyway.

The most important thing I've learned so far is, my next one will have way less rust on it when I buy it. grin

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Oh, my depthfinder (a Lowrance 332c) decided to go belly up. According to Fish Lectronics, it is now a boat anchor. I am waiting for Lowrance customer service to confirm. All my GPS points were in there too!!! mad Okay, back at ya after my talk with Lowrance. Does anyone need a boat anchor? mad

You won't hear from Lowrance. If you do it will go like this. "Mr. BM please send us your locator and $60 so we can find what is wrong with it." They'll then tell your it's done for and it's no longer supported by them, but "hey, here's is a coupon good for $50 towards a new Lowrance product."

Seriously, that's how it will go.

Go to Cabela's, bust out your wallet and get a H-bird 798 ci/si/di and you'll be good to go. If you want to spend more than the 1K that will run you, get the 898. You'll wonder why you didn't do it before.

I hate Lowrance, and yes, I have two of them on the damn Ranger. The front one gets the boot this winter or next spring when I get a Terrova.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cabelas? Tzone, bite your lip and suck a raw lemon! sick All my fishing related purchases go through Thorne Bros! Anyway, here is how it went with Lowrance....I send them $62 and they either fix it for that or they send me a new HDS-5 for $362. either way it is better than I could do even at TB. So that is the direction I am going. the only problem is that I lose all my stored waypoints and symbols. bummer.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone

Yeah, I got the whole week off. You want to come back and fish with me for a day?

Thats right about the time the contractor will be putting in our new windows. I'll know more about timing in a couple of weeks. I'll try and make it up if it works out.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, My BIL and I rented a houseboat on Rainy in 2005. Had a great trip. Fishing was on the slow side but we had all the fish we cared to eat.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They might be able to transfer your way points.

TB is pretty proud of their stuff. Nice store though.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You gotta drop my name at TB. Ask for Pat whenever you are there. They will always beat Cabelas.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wanna pay less, not more. laugh

I'll haffta ask them next time I'm in. I won't be buying a locator until this winter or next spring. I'd like to get an H-bird 1198, not sure if I can. 1) it's damn big and may not fit on the council 2) $2K for a locator is a lot for me to open my wallet for. crazy They do some crazy cool things though.

I'm fishing a tourney on Mille Lacs that TB is the sponsor of, maybe I'll win some goodies in the drawings!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They sure helped me out with my depth finder questions.

I have used one of dem der fancy Humminbirds. I was looking for a dead body. frown This was a couple years ago and it was impressive then.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We are only a couple of weeks away from our big trip to the boundary waters!!

Pam is getting a nice new camera so we should get some quality photos.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
what kinda picher-taker is she gettin'? You folks already do a good job with pics, I can wait for them to get better!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
91* here. On the way to a new daily record.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
She gett'n a canon T3i DSLR and a 24-105 f4 L series lens with image stabilization.

A couple spare batteries, a new camera bag and various camera goodies to go along with it all.

It's an 18MP DSLR with a C sized image sensor (1.6x crop), it's kind of neat because it also shoots pretty decent quality video.

She's pretty excited about it.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We have a precursor to that one, a Canon 10 MP DSLR. It takes good pictures, but we need to get it repaired as it never shuts off and the batteries quicly wear out then. Udderwise, a good camera, I would recommend it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
91* here. On the way to a new daily record.

Here is from a bit ago....HOT!

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here's from a few minutes ago

HOTTER!

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Page 687 of 1,842 1 2 685 686 687 688 689 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 48 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.