Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gun_Oil Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Ammo Serialization (Registration) Bill Proposed in Washington State!
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

Legislation has been proposed in Olympia that poses a very serious threat to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and it needs to be stopped immediately.

House Bill 3359, HB3359 sponsored by State Representatives Al O�Brien (D-1), Brendan Williams (D-22), Dennis Flannigan (D-27), and Jamie Pedersen (D-43), would require that all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Washington to be coded with an individual serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser�s name, date of birth, driver�s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition.

This dangerous bill needs to be stopped now. HB3359 only serves to harass law-abiding gun owners, as criminals are not likely to purchase ammunition through legal channels. Please contact your State Senator and your State Representative today and respectfully urge them to oppose HB3359. Contact information for your State Legislators can be found by visiting
WA STATE LEGISLATURES

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Left coast at it again...this time Washington, huh?

What are they thinking? By making it an impossible task, that crime will be controlled. Possibly, except for black market ammo. I suppose they don't care how, and really don't want it to be done in actuality.

As long as bullets are numbered 1 thru 50, maybe it is plausible to affix a serial number. Much more than that, and the numbers are going to get to be pretty small. Do they expect the bullets to retain legibility of that number when retrieved from a crime scene? Maybe microchips manufactured into the bullets. Sheesh!!

Bizarre... crazy

Steve

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, California first..

now the liberals up in Seattle....

which means, that our liberals up in Portland can't be outdone or left out...

so I summize that Oregon will be looking at a bill like that in the near future...

We ought to consider registering politicians along with sex offenders.. society would be better off without both....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gun oil I contacted my representative today on this and he said right now the bill was stuck in Judiciary committee. However, keep in mind that no bill is completely dead until sine die which is scheduled for March 13. Jay said it looks like it's going to die in committee but you know that means it will be back next year unless we win big time in the Supreme Court this spring.

You guys better be letting them know how you feel it takes so little time

If you're not an NRA or GOA member now is probably the time to think about it if you are serious about keeping your guns.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 02/12/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Well, it figures, half the population of Washington are not natives; one is Californian transplants that sell their homes there and live like kings here, or used to anyway. This state plagurizes CA propositions everytime there's a way to increase revenue or limit the rights of the individual for governmental growth....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have that totally right. They screwed up the state of Kalifornication so bad they couldn't stand it and left. Then they get here get home sick and try to turn it into Vashington.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Washington and Oregon are every bit as liberal as California...and in many ways even more so.

Where do you think all the old Hippies moved to when they left San Francisco? smile

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
HB3359 Didnt even receive a hearing.......... It's gone per
Sen Mike Hewett

A reply to an Email I sent yesterday.

Thomas, Thank you for contacting me this legislative session. I am an avid sportsman, gun owner, NRA member, and have always been astrong 2nd Amendment proponent during my tenure in the legislature.Fortunately, this bill never even received a hearing.
Best,
Mike

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"...
Edmund Burke
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Tom, thanks for calling, does this mean we call all rest on this issue for the time being?
Casey

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickB
Washington and Oregon are every bit as liberal as California...and in many ways even more so.

Where do you think all the old Hippies moved to when they left San Francisco? smile

Well Rick what do you think I was referring to in my post????????

They screwed up the state of Kalifornication so bad they couldn't stand it and left. Then they get here get home sick and try to turn it into Vashington.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 02/26/08.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you see this that one company with the stamping capabilities may be behind the similar state proposals?

http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press-releases/ammunition.stamping.htm

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I wasn't arguing with you...but I spend allot of time in Oregon and the vast majority of screaming liberals I meet there are born and bred 2nd generation Oregonians.

Also...a huge number of those "Old Hippies" I referred to came to California from other states back in the 1960's.

My only point is that "Liberalism" is a mind set and judging an entire state based only on the politics of the urban populations is pretty silly. California shouldn't be judged by San Francisco and LA anymore than Washington and Oregon should be judged by Seattle and Portland.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Time to pick up a bullet mould or two, and start collecting wheelweights......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Time to pick up a bullet mould or two, and start collecting wheelweights......

Dude...couldn't have said it better myself.

Having grown up in Spokane, it shocks me that this proposal could have even gotten as far as it did.

Last edited by gun_fever; 03/16/08.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.