Originally Posted by dogzapper
Count me as another fan of Warren Page. I simply love his writing. I have read and re-read every word Warren Page ever wrote and he "feeds" the reader totally. He is your friend.

My last editor thought that O'Connor was the ultimate outdoor writer and sent me loads of his work (which I had already read) to prove the point. Frankly, O'Connor never turned my crank, then or today. I truly wish that I could worship O'Connor as many obviously do. To me, he was an super-arrogant professor who also wrote. (Steve speaks total heresy and is not even one little bit sorry grin)

Oregon's own Francis Sell is a dark horse that is seldom recognized; his stuff is SUPER. A local legend has it that Sell could neither read nor write and that his educated wife wrote down his words as he dictated them. True???? Who knows? Sell's work leaves the reader fed and satisfied.

Today, Johnny B is IT. Period.

Steve

I also grew up in awe of Warren page's accomplishments in the field but especially on the range.
My father was a World traveld hunter , target shooter, and also did some photgraphy work aside from his everyday job in the ammunition filed.
He figured page was top shelf, but when it came to Francis sell , he felt that he was likely the finest writer around who could put words to instruction.
That says a lot in my mind.
I've read all of Sell's books through the years, and I think if dad was not spot on, he was close!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!