-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Hi Bill, years ago when I was using the lee dipper I just melted some parafin into the bottom of the dipper and adjusted the charge with a drill, want a heavyer load just remove some wax vs. vs. no fileing besides the mills all stayed and the bastards got away. We're off to Nev. for a week, will play with the Hornet when I get back.

GB1

Bill_I Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi smile

There are many ways a single dipper can be modified.

Lee sells them for about $1 a pc. direct. Get a dozen for $12. It takes little time to file down the plastic dipper, weigh it, mark it proper and perminate and your done with that one for good.

It is the way Lee recommends and works very well for me. You have a set per caliber rather than a set of single dippers each for various calibers.

The Lee Loader works extremely well for the 22 Hornet in particular.

"I ain't as good as I once was but, I'm as good once as I ever was"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I conducted a very basic 'bullet performance test' this weekend. We had successfully hunted a deer so I used the head as a test medium for my 60gr Hornady SP hornet load. I the head on the ground and shot it sideways on. The bullet knocked the head over quite hard, causing it to roll down the slope. I could feel the entry hole in the scull but there was no exit and no shattering of bone. Definitely not a deer cartridge! (Although a headshot would most certainly do the job - I don't do headshots and I have a 303 for deer!) Still, the impact force was quite impressive.

The next test was simply shooting turkey with 50gr Hornady SP loads. Performance was as expected. Kills 'em dead! Damage was not too severe. A breast shot loses the breast meat altogether but a well place shot between the breast and legs does no meat damage at all. Effectiveness at longer ranges is dependant on bullet placement - I had one or two 'finishing shot' requirements.

303Guy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,489
Posts18,452,075
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.