Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Central Boiler E-Classic

[Linked Image]

We are looking at the Central Boiler "E Classic" outside wood boiler. Anyone here using one?

[Linked Image]

Central Boiler E-Classic�

Meets 2010 Clean Air Regulation Emission Limits*

The E-Classic 2300 Model Outdoor Wood Furnace has Qualified for the U.S. EPA Outdoor Wood-fired Hydronic Heater (OWHH) Program

As the leader in the industry, Central Boiler has developed the E-Classic 2300, the outdoor wood furnace that shatters virtually every preconceived notion about emissions and efficiencies of wood heating. The E-Classic 2300 uses a three-stage combustion process to burn wood so completely that combustion efficiencies approach 100%. With the patent-pending, self-cleaning heat exchanger, the 2300 produces extremely low emissions per Btu of heat delivered and is one of the cleanest ways to heat with wood. It can heat multiple buildings, domestic water, shops and more, and can replace multiple indoor wood stoves. Burning wood (a totally renewable resource) results in no net increase in carbon dioxide, a major greenhouse gas emission.

[Linked Image]

1. Fusion� Combustor - Super heated air is injected into the hot gasses from the primary firebox resulting in three-stage controlled combustion. No catalytic device needed.

2. Reaction Chamber� - Final combustion takes place in Reaction Chamber resulting in near zero ash because of the high burn temperatures. The wood is significantly reduced and any remaining ash can be easily removed from the ash collection area.

3. Backup Dual Fuel System - (Dual Fuel model only) Can automatically provide heat with a gas backup burner if the operator does not refuel the furnace with wood.

4. Push Button Automatic Gas-fired Wood Ignition - (Dual Fuel model only) Provides an easy start and ensures you will never need to light another fire.

5. EPA Hangtag - The E-Classic 2300 has met the EPA Outdoor Wood-fired Hydronic Heater Program Phase 1 emissions level and is EPA OWHH Program qualified. It also meets the 0.32 lbs/million Btu heat output emissions limit proposed for Phase 2.

6. Urethane Foam Insulation - Insulation is sprayed on and forms a 100% airtight, waterproof seal around the water jacket.

7. Lockable Firebox Door - Ergonomically designed door features a large opening for easy loading. The heavy-duty door handle is durable and easy to use. Door is triple insulated for maximum efficiency. All parts are powder coated for high durability.

8. Cam Loc� Door Closure - The specially designed curved ends of the door closure fit precisely around the adjustable bearings, guaranteeing a tight seal each time the door is closed.

9. Rear Access Panel - Designed for convenient installation and easy access to pumps and power disconnect. Furnace is plumbed for up to three pumps.

10. FireStar� Electronic Controller - (Dual Fuel model only) Provides user with easy operation of the furnace with just the touch of a button. Optimizes the burn and saves wood.
Adjustable Digital Water Temperature Display - (Wood only model) The adjustable temperature controller allows the user to adjust the operating temperature of the furnace.

11. High Capacity Water Jacket - Provides a balance between firebox volume and water capacity for optimum performance and safety.

12. Insulated Chimney - A certified chimney for wood burning appliances. Two 4-foot chimney sections are standard. Additional sections available for extending chimney when needed.

13. All-Weather Steel Siding - All siding is overlapped for tighter weather seal. All panels and corners are powder coated for high durability.

14. Bypass Door - For redirecting exhaust when refueling.

15. Photo Electronic Controlled Night Light - Light can be set to automatically turn on at night.

Any user comments would be welcome........Thanks!
smile

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just have the regular classic style for the last year. Haven't heard of these

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC these "wood gasification" models require wood dried to a "just right" moisture content.... like a high performance engine needing high test gas.

Please don't feed the trolls!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Mark,
I have the standard Classic and have been more than happy with it. One of my pards has been looking into the recombustion model, though, so I'll ask him about it.

If you're ever around the Dover area, give me a call and you can see how mine is set up.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks guys................. smile

We had a sales rep over yesterday and he was very helpful. Maine has codes now in place that will only allow "New" units to be sold that meet the new 2010 standards. Dealers that had an existing inventory are allowed to unload those older units , but any new orders from the manufactures must be of the low immisssions type.

Central Boilers are so popular that these dealers are only selling the E CFlassic models because they are already sold out of the older units. If I order a unit today it won't be built until July as CB is that busy!

We have a 24 HR.Campfire Member who works for Central Boiler. He dropped me a PM and this gentleman had great praise for their product line. He also has a co-worker that heated this last season with the E-Classic and he was very happy with the unit.I won't drop this members name but I encourage him to enter this conversation as he is well informed..........I will give you his initials though....ND cool

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Mark,
I have the standard Classic and have been more than happy with it. One of my pards has been looking into the recombustion model, though, so I'll ask him about it.

If you're ever around the Dover area, give me a call and you can see how mine is set up.

George

Hi George,

I remember you posting that you installed an outside wood furnace at your new home. Glad to hear you like your Standard Classic. I've got a couple questions for you......

1. How many square feet is your home and how many cord of wood did you burn?

2. Do you have base board hot water heat or hot air?

We have an endless source of firewood on our property so it only makes sense to burn wood. Maine has set standards of their own . Currently you can only install a new approved unit unless you are selling inventory that was purchased prior to March 2008. Central boiler is so popular in Maine that they have no inventory of older units. If we order tomorrow the unit won't be built until July.

With the rising cost of fuel and changing codes CB will be busy turning out these new units. grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Mark,

I'm in a 1600ish square foot ranch. We installed radiant floors (including the basement) rather than baseboard or hot air. I can tell you that since we moved in (mid-January)we burned around six cord and I'm still currently burning. We heated during the construction process as well, but I wasn't around the entire time so I'm not 100% sure what was used.

I agree, go to wood if you've got access.

According to ME standards, you can use an older unit if it was purchased prior to March '08, correct? What if that unit was purchased in NH and brought up wink ?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
George,

Radiant heat is the way to go. We are thinking about heating the second floor of our garage with the outside boiler and radiant heat would be my choice. I have a small gym on the second floor of the garage that doesn't get used much in the middle of the winter because of the cold. If I heat that area I will have no excuse for not working out in the winter! grin

Maine standards will allow used units to be grand fathered and reinstalled at another site within the state but as far as I know you are not allowed to bring used or non-compliant units into the state ME as of March......My guess is that these units are still making it into the state by private sales, but I doubt that reputable dealers are taking that chance .

Of the states that do allow outside wood boilers I believe Maine and Vermont are the only two states that are currently restricting what can be installed.

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I found this to be interesting.

Typical firebox compared to Central Boiler's firebox......

Typical Inefficient Firebox Design........

Inefficient designs burn more wood and deliver less heat. Why? Because intense heat is not trapped or transferred to the water that's pumped to your home. Instead, the heat rises to the top of the firebox and escapes through the chimney -- wasting heat and increasing emissions. This is proven by higher stack temperatures.

[Linked Image]

Central Boiler's firebox........

The Classic Ripple Top� Firebox Design
The heavy-gauge steel firebox in the Classic, with our automatic draft control, is designed to get the most heat out of your wood. A water baffle traps heat and gases in the top of the firebox. The Ripple Top� firebox design creates a high-temperature secondary burn area for more complete combustion. It also allows for optimum heat transfer surfaces in the most intense heat collection area so more heat can be transferred more efficiently to the water that is pumped to your home. The firebox is enclosed in a water jacket to keep the metal from overheating or warping. And it's surrounded by waterproof, airtight urethane foam insulation.

[Linked Image]

The foam insulated 450 gallon water jacket greatly influences the units efficiency.

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Hindsite
We have a 24 HR.Campfire Member who works for Central Boiler. He dropped me a PM and this gentleman had great praise for their product line. He also has a co-worker that heated this last season with the E-Classic and he was very happy with the unit.I won't drop this members name but I encourage him to enter this conversation as he is well informed..........I will give you his initials though....ND cool

grin

Like I said in my PM Hindsite, if I wasn't as proud as can be of our company & the products produced here I wouldn't be so quick to advertise the fact that I do work for this great company and that I do believe we produce the best outdoor wood boiler on the market today.

grin

The photo illustrations you show above are based more around our "classic" design. Brilliant simplicity, I love the ripple top design with the heat lock baffle, surface area, strength, function, I love it.

Now the unit you are asking about, the "E-Classic" is quite a bit different. I have the advantage of being able to see them being built.

Things that interest me are typically items of precise craftsmanship. I appreciate fine work, I have always been of a mechanical mind, having grown up amongst mechanics, fabricators, machinists etc.

I have maybe an uncommon appreciation for craftsmanship in general. Let me put it in campfire terms, if you can sit silently with a finely crafted precision firearm such as a classic Savage 99 with the brass rotary magazine & just enjoy the hell out of cycling the action in slow motion & meticulously studying the mechanical movements of the action... an imaginary history unfolds in your head as you see the craftsman at work first off designing, then creating... the hand fit pieces, the precision, if it fascinates you the way it fascinates me, then we are alike. grin

I have that sort of appreciation for this new "E-Classic" family of boilers. Our guys in R&D have really done something here, it's pretty cool.

Dave

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dave,

What is your opinion on the pipeing used to go underground from furnace to home?

Is Thermopex the best way to go?

[Linked Image]

I keep hearing that you can make your own for half the price.

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I don't know of any better way. It's not cheap, but it's like anything done right, there is a payoff that follows things that are done the right way.

Something clever here.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
214 members (2UP, 257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.