Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Morgan Freeman in serious condition after car crash
Aug. 4, 2008, 12:40 PM EST

Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

More details

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman, 71, and a passenger, Demaris Meyer, were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 around 11:30pm in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road. Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Kind of makes ya wonder what was going on, I always liked his acting. I think something was on his mind other that driving.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like him as an Actor. I hear he owns a Blues night club in Mississippi. They say he is often there and very personable to all who approach him.

I also heard his Blues club serves great BBQ, so he's no Hollywood Vegan.

Sorry to hear he was injured in an accident.

Last edited by slideaction; 08/04/08.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
fine actor.....although he tends to always play the same part.....that came on CNN while I was eating lunch with my back to the TV and the guy I was eating with said....I think Nelson Mandela was in a car wreck. Turned around and read him the subtitles.....the sound was off....but I had never noticed the resemblance.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
that's a bummer. hope they both come out ok!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Violator22
Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman, 71, and a passenger, Demaris Meyer, were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 around 11:30pm in Tallahatchie County when his vehicle went off the edge of the road. Freeman overcorrected, flipping his 1997 Nissan Maxima several times before coming to a rest.

Kind of makes ya wonder what was going on, I always liked his acting. I think something was on his mind other that driving.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lucky, he didn't go off the Tallahatchie Bridge. smile I don't know about that particular highway, but some of the state highways in MS. don't have much shoulder and are narrow, it doesn't take much to get a wheel off the road. The Hosp. that he went to is, probably one of the better trama Hosp. in the country. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not that he'll get wind of it from here, but I wish him luck and a speedy recovery. I like all of his work that I've seen.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How's his daughter...what was her name? Oh yeah, Morgan Fairchild. cool

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a bad deal, I hope he gets through this without any difficulties.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got to interact with Mr Freeman a lot while doing the movie Glory. He really is a nice guy. He would joke and bs with us extras between scenes and after shooting day was over. Most of the "stars" would retreat to their trailers or leave the area. You could generally find him at a campfire or a bull session somewhere just having fun.

Hope he comes out all right.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hate to see anyone involved in an auto crash. I don't think much of Freeman's liberal politics though. I avoid his movies.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Got to interact with Mr Freeman a lot while doing the movie Glory. He really is a nice guy. He would joke and bs with us extras between scenes and after shooting day was over. Most of the "stars" would retreat to their trailers or leave the area. You could generally find him at a campfire or a bull session somewhere just having fun.

Hope he comes out all right.

BCR

That's neat. I'm glad to hear that because I always wanted the guy to be likable, and it sound like he is.

Did you ever meet his daughter, Morgan Freeman? She's a real looker. She did a movie with Willie Nelson called, I think, "Free Willie". He played a preacher...now there's a stretch.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 08/04/08.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Not that he'll get wind of it from here, but I wish him luck and a speedy recovery. I like all of his work that I've seen.
Me too.. Very good actor... I wish him well..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Freeman lives out in the country about 5 miles from my home town of Charleston, MS. He was on the way home when he crashed I believe. I hate to hear it, he's a great actor and has made substantial monetary contributions to the local community. He bought new air conditioners for the high school a few years back and has done some other things. He's not too keen on giving autographs, though. The local garden club arranged a tour of his house one year and my mom went. She met him and when she asked for an autograph he turned her down saying he didn't give autographs. She was kind of stunned but that's his right.

Here's a little story a friend of mine shared a few years ago. My friend had to make a delivery to Freeman's house for a reason I can't recall and when he knocks on the door and is let in by the maid, he sees Freeman and Clint Eastwood putting on waders apparently getting ready to go duck hunting. I guess the two are good friends having made a few movies together now. Freeman lives close to (and probably owns) some of the best duck hunting land in the world in the MS Delta.

Weiners are health food - My dad
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
as previously stated, i like his movies, but disagree with his political views.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Morgan Freeman is one my favorites and I hope he recovers completely. I hear he has been upgraded from critical to serious condition earlier today. I don't know his politics nor do I care, even if his views did align with mine.

Nail

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my favorite actors. Hope and Prayer for full recovery for him and his passenger. Latest movie I saw him in was the Bucket List w/Jack Nicholson.

GOA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I wish Mr. Freeman a speedy recovery. There is one detail from the news report that raises Mr. Freeman's stock with me significantly; the car he was driving. Considering the industry he works in, which is famous for conspicuous consumption, I am exceedingly impressed that Mr. Freeman was driving an 11 year old Maxima. He seems to be a man who realizes that vehicles are transportation, not fashion statements or a display of wealth.

ego operor non tutela
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Prayers on the way.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well wishes for a speedy recovery...

Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

230 members (12344mag, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,474
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.