Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is now my favorite sport. laugh shocked laugh
What guy came up with this. Let's put some very fit ladies in the least they can wear and still be on TV and watch them play volleyball.
I think ladies beach hula-hooping should be an Olympic event.
Or pole dancing, huh!!!
What would you rather see, water polo or creative pole dancing?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That water polo confused me. I thought it was the worst synchronized swimmers in the world for a while there.

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shreck
What guy came up with this. Let's put some very fit ladies in the least they can wear and still be on TV and watch them play volleyball.

If you think that's good...PARTICIPATING in coed beach volley ball is even more fun--one can end up in all kind of on court "entanglements".......... grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone seems to be in the Olympic spirit tonight.... Is there a good on line link to the high lights?

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And George Bush gets high marks as president. His wife and daughter go off to view China's cultural treasures, and GW goes to get some lessons from the US women's beach volley ball team.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How can you watch that stuff?

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
shreck Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All the events are on the NBC sports page. I watched ALL the men's epee' and most of the ladies saber on-line. The ladies foil was, silly, actually. I dunnow why they let screeching girls have swords. wink

Last edited by shreck; 08/11/08.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
How can you watch that stuff?

As nonchalantly as possible......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grin grin grin Married too, are ya?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, there is that.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Barak! Haven't seen ya in a spell. I hope all is well. Is your lovely wife doing okay?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife would never catch me wathcing that stuff! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not that bad of a show. {at times} grin

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hey Barak! Haven't seen ya in a spell. I hope all is well. Is your lovely wife doing okay?

Yup, all's fine. My lovely wife has just returned from California, and at the moment she's preparing a bunch of pictures to post.

I've been working, mostly.

I done a baaad t'ing. A couple coworkers of mine were hounding me to get some code finished so that they could use it: so instead of writing a bunch of small tests to develop the code from, I wrote three or four big ones to save time. The code I wrote made the big tests run, but it wound up being a hastily thrown-together hack that I didn't really understand, and now I'm paying the price.

Eventually I'll probably wind up completely rewriting it from little tests, the way I should have in the first place; but meanwhile I've been cleaning it up and adding in little tests to define and stabilize its operation.

So there's been a lot to do other than screw around on the Campfire. I 'spect you have days like that yourself.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Personally i like the womens softball better and it's a crying shame this will be the last Olympics for it as a medal sport...Reckon the usa's record of something like 5 losses vs 311 wins might have something to do with it?

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Six feet of sunshine"

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by shreck

If you think that's good...PARTICIPATING in coed beach volley ball is even more fun--one can end up in all kind of on court "entanglements".......... grin

Casey

I played the game for 20 years and coed V-ball was a lot of fun.

My wife and I were in CA in 1993 and we attended the Manhattan Beach Open which is the grand-daddy of the pro beach V-ball circuit. This was back in the day when the teams of Karch Kiraly/Kent Steffes, Randy Stoklos/ Sinjin Smith and Mike Dodd/Mike Whitmarsh were the best 2 on 2 teams in the country. It was a great time and I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to attend the MBO, do so.

The women are fun to watch grin and we have by far the best women's team in Beijing. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh should go undefeated.

The men, Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers have already lost one match and will have to work hard to achieve a gold at this Olympics. I think they will finally get there but not without a battle.

It's a great sport that I'm glad is finally getting the recognition it deserves!..........Bump,Set........Spike! cool

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
this thread really needs more pictures grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Walsh and Traynor after a win in Beijing........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/wenn788808.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

Even George got his pic taken with Kerry and Misty....... grin

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-conten...-treanor-and-kerri-walsh-chat-with-w.JPG[/img]

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
much better.

grin

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.