Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Poop 'lesson' in Peyton doesn't sit well with parents
Comments 2 | Recommend 2
September 9, 2008 - 3:38PM
SUE McMILLIN
THE GAZETTE

Some parents of Peyton Elementary School students are outraged and seeking answers today about why their children were forced to don a glove and look inside a soggy bag of human feces and urine.

Monday's "lesson" on what the school janitor has had to face because of recent messes left in a school bathroom was directed by Principal Michael Auclaire, parents said.

The incident started when a bag containing human excrement was discovered behind a toilet in a girl's bathroom, said Brian Tally, who has a daughter in the 4th grade and is also the 4th-grade girls basketball coach. Auclaire lined up 4th and 5th graders, handed them each a glove and by turn had them look into the bag, Tally said.

"My daughter said it was absolutely disgusting," he said. "I was just appalled. I couldn't believe anyone would do something like that."

Tally and parent Kerri Peters both said they learned of the incident from their children after school. No note of explanation or information about any ongoing problems in the bathrooms was sent home, they said.

Auclaire and Peyton Superintendent Tim Kistler were not immediately available for comment.

Tally said he spoke briefly with Auclaire this morning, and that the principal pretty much confirmed his daughter's version of what happened. Tally said the principal told him "he wanted to show the kids what the janitor goes through."

Tally said he thought the action was inappropriate and is also concerned about the health risks. He said his daughter told him they children were not instructed to wash their hands after removing the glove.

When asked what they would like to see happen, both Tally and Peters questioned whether Auclaire, who is new this year, should keep his job.

"I don't know if an apology is enough," Peters said. "How is he any better than the child who did this (left the bag)?"

Peters said her children have attended school in the district for five years and she's been happy with the district.

While Tally said his initial reaction is that the principal should be removed, he said he is willing to listen if the principal and superintendent will have a discussion with parents.

"I just really want to make sure my daughter is safe," he said.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This might be a fitting portrayal of what public education has become.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unusual approach, but i bet it taught the kids a lesson! Absolutely no harm done and a very good connection between the "cause" and "effect" of what the kids had previously thought was a joke...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Absolutely no harm done

Yeah, it's all fun and games until somebody yells hepatitis.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,454,035
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.