24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Negatory Travis, that one is from the archives.

(very limited 44 footage..)

Gophs are out and about though.

BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think I'll grab the baby and go murder this weekend.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by deflave
I sold my 629-"with a lock" some time ago. My idea was to replace it with an older 4" 29. Shrapnel located one for me and my finder's fee was only $300.00!

Score!

Little sight adjusting and I was in business.

DA @ 25yds.

[Linked Image]

Travis

'flave: I've got one just like that one, cept the seller had chunked the magnas and put some hogues on it (dumba$$). I shoot 8 g of unique and el cheapo lead 240's in mine. Seems like I've gone up to 10 g of unique but it created some leading with the el cheapos. its a nice handcannon that doubles as a sexy paperweight.

mine came with some pretty fantastic lockwork, I don't think i've ever felt up a slicker trigger.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm grinning ear to ear right now because I just got "The Call" from my BIL to let me know that the S&W 69, .44 mag that I've had on order with him for a while is on it's way. I'll shoot something with it and get some pics to share here.

Any info on how to defeat and plug the lock would be appreciated.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A nice find Travis. Those older ones are getting harder to find all the time. Nice shooting too.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

'flave: I've got one just like that one, cept the seller had chunked the magnas and put some hogues on it (dumba$$). I shoot 8 g of unique and el cheapo lead 240's in mine. Seems like I've gone up to 10 g of unique but it created some leading with the el cheapos. its a nice handcannon that doubles as a sexy paperweight.

mine came with some pretty fantastic lockwork, I don't think i've ever felt up a slicker trigger.

I slept with it last night. It was glorious.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm grinning ear to ear right now because I just got "The Call" from my BIL to let me know that the S&W 69, .44 mag that I've had on order with him for a while is on it's way. I'll shoot something with it and get some pics to share here.

Any info on how to defeat and plug the lock would be appreciated.

Bad ass. Looking forward to it.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lastround
A nice find Travis. Those older ones are getting harder to find all the time. Nice shooting too.

They are. Especially in the 4". I drank a lot of beer and ended up cleaning it last night. Holy hell it's purrty.

Travis

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
...and a few more
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[quote=CraigC]The .44Mag is probably my favorite cartridge, I have one or two.

Couple of Rugers that I'm fond of:
[Linked Image]

I have 50th Anniversary Flat Top that I'm not in love with because the grip frame seems to make it feel like it recoils harder than the average .44 that needs this treatment.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
...Just to add some commentary to the party: I managed to get in while the gittin' was good over on the Starline website this morning and finally pick up some much-needed .44 Mag brass. I have been investing in "precious metals" a whole lot lately and now have enough brass to piss the wife off if she knew!

As for the "pic" portion of this thread, I will have to get up a few soon. I've got three lovely (in my eyes) SBH's and a somewhat rare Win 94 Legacy with 24 inch bbl I'll have to post up, all chambered in .44 Mag.

Funny how quickly our interests change- while I love the .44 Mag chambering, I have been on a big-bore jag recently and acquired a .460 S&W Mag, X frame "V" and a BFR in .475 Linebaugh. These will compliment the .375 H&H and .458 Lott nicely in the bigger-than-poodle-shooter category. I ended up with so many handloads for these monsters that I had to beef up the storage shelves. That becomes a WHOLE lotta' lead when storing all that ammo together!

-John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My newest acquisition-S&W model 69. I've only put a couple dozen rounds through it as of this afternoon, but I believe it could be the .44 I've been waiting for.

[Linked Image]

I fired shotshell loads, a load with a 240 gr. cast bullet over about 9 grs. Unique, a load with a 200 gr. Nosler JHP over a max charge of H110 and a load with a 270 gr. Speer Gold Dot SP over a max charge of H110.

The shotshell load was mild, of course. The 240 cast over Unique was pleasant, too. The 270 gr. Speer over H110 got my attention, but was manageable. The 200 gr. Nosler/max H110 loading was quite snotty and felt a lot like the time I shot some full power .357's through a scandium j-frame. They stung my paw a good bit!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Does the S&W 69 have enough cylinder length to seat 250 Keiths in the crimp groove?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Also, nice handgun. The first new Smith to intrigue me in a LONG time.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I didn't think I'd buy another new Smith once they started puting those stupid locks on them but this has my interest. I may have to sell something to finance it. Know anyone who needs a kidney?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The locks don't bother me none.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Does the S&W 69 have enough cylinder length to seat 250 Keiths in the crimp groove?

I don't have any of those bullets so I don't know, but the cylinder is long enough to accept a load using the Lee 310 gr. gas checked bullet, even crimped in the rear groove. The only problem with this load is that the throats are too tigbt to allow the round to fit all way into the cylinder. I'll either have to drop my charge with this bullet and seat it deeper to the forward crimp groove or find a different heavy with a shorter bearing surface.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I see a 69 in the flesh, I doubt I'll walk away from it.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

I don't think there would be a problem with the 250 gr. Keith bullet. It was originally designed for the 44 special and worked even in Colt SAAs. The length problem showed up, to my recollection, when the bullet was used in some of the 44 mag cylinders. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember........

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
The locks don't bother me none.

Travis
Me either. Stuff all over the internet about how to disable them, so why would they? I'd prefer one without a lock, but if it's got one, it's no bid deal.

Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
244 members (12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.