Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I am trying to get a hold of a taxidermist by the name of Kirby King around Belgrade, MT.

Does anyone have a number for him?

Thank you,

Ernie

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PM sent...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Are you considering hiring him? He is quite possibly the worst choice of taxidermist in the state of Montana - if not the entire United States. Not only does his work absolutely suck, some of his clients have actually had to consider contacting law enforcement to get stuff back from him. And knowing him personally, I think you could find a higher class individual selling meth or holding a cardboard sign up in the Walmart parking lot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Are you considering hiring him? He is quite possibly the worst choice of taxidermist in the state of Montana - if not the entire United States. Not only does his work absolutely suck, some of his clients have actually had to consider contacting law enforcement to get stuff back from him. And knowing him personally, I think you could find a higher class individual selling meth or holding a cardboard sign up in the Walmart parking lot.

That's pretty much the sentiment I expressed in my PM...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Hunted with an outfitter that sent our two bulls to him. He called and said he was shipping them. My father sent payment.

We never recieved the mounts. His voice mail was always full and now the phone is disconnected.

I am considering contacting the law.

It is tough being in Virginia.

The only bad thing I can say about the outfitter is his choice of taxidermist.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hopefully his phone is disconnected because his house burned down with him in it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Guys, post this up on www.taxidermy.net, in the industry forum. You will probably have better luck there.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Have you asked the outfitter for some help since he recommended the guy?

Might be worth a shot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is another guy in belgrade who I think does nice work. He is down behind the airport and his last name is Andreas. Maybe some of the local guys here can get you more info.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
We have spoking to the outfitter about it. He mentioned he was getting a lot of complaints. He said he would call Kirby. Shortly there after Kirby called and said he was shipping our mounts the next day. We have not heard from him since.

I can not get a hold of our outfitter right now. He is in the wilderness area until the end of the season.

Thanks for the help.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Andres Taxidermy does excellent work. Jerry Andres is the owner and a hunter himself and a good guy to deal with.

He's located just off Airport Road in Outlaw Subdivision.

His number is 406.388.7226.

He's done a bear, antelope, several whitetails, elk, walleye, pike, and several birds for me and I've never been disappointed.

I'd highly recommend him to anyone, sorry you didn't know this prior to sending your stuff to Kirby. I haven't heard many good reports about him, but I also don't have any first-hand experience with him either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jerry does AWESOME work.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Jerry does all my stuff..

Kirby once told me I was "one of Jerry's kids"

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Kirby already has mine and my father's bulls. We can not get a hold of him, and it does not look like we will get our mounts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
VA, don't give up hope... I suspect you'll be able to get them, it'll just take a little more work. I'll poke around a bit for you too...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd offer Greenhorn, Brad, and/or Sam a case of PBR and see if anything gets resolved.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have had Jerry Andres do several mounts for me. His work is second to none.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I'd offer Greenhorn, Brad, and/or Sam a case of PBR and see if anything gets resolved.

I think Greenhorn is more into the Bud Light.
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Not worth it. He's a slimy toolbag. Harming him would be about as challenging as picking on a 3rd grade girl. Last time I threatened him - he called the sheriff. The only animal I ever took him was a fox shot with a high-powered rifle, blown into 2 pieces. laugh

Good friend of mine watched him and his pal stalk a sow with 2 clearly visible cubs. They eventually noticed they were being glassed and walked away.

Kirby's the one on the right..
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Miller if you're gonna pack it a ways.. clearly you should carry LIGHT beer.

...and notice the little plastic flask leaning up against the beer.. schnapps with roofies mixed in.. for hunting with guys like you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 16Racing, 66 invisible), 3,092 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.