Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Am looking at a sig 2022 and it says CA compliant. I know what it means, it is compliant in CA. But what has been done to the handgun??

BP-B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Rendered inoperable.......

No, that'd be fully PRK compliant.

Basically, it has a loaded chamber indicator, no more than a 10 rd magazine standard, and an internal lock, IIRC.

Soon to be a microstamped firing pin as well.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, no matter how much you adjust the sights, it will always shoot to the left.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
that there is funny! smile

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
OK, 1 serious answer and 1 funny answer. Thanks guys. Anybody have any experience with the sig 2022.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, it means it has passed their drop test. Sorry, but no experience with the Sig 2022

R
RGS Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
No experience with Sigs. I used to live in CA. In order to get a hand gun shipped into the state, it has to be on CA DOJ's "list".

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

To get on "the list", I believe 3 guns must be shipped to DOJ with a certain amount of $$$$. If the gun comes in various configurations- such as blued or stainless or scandium/aluminum, or various barrel lengths, or fixed sights vs adjustable or any other variations of any kind- 3 examples of each type to be sold in CA must be submitted along with plenty of money. Any time a gun is improved such as when Smith & Wesson adds a dash number, it must be resubmitted. I also believe the guns need to be resubmitted every couple years or so even if nothing changes.

One gun is kept sort of on file, the others are tested by dropping it on concrete from a certain distance. I want to say 10ft. but I don't remember for sure. If the gun passes the test and meets the other state regulations, it is placed on "the list."

I believe it costs several hundred thousand dollars per test to get a gun on the list. Some companies just don't sell in CA. Others pay the fare so they can access the market in CA. It is interesting to see some of the "cheep" guns the list was designed to eliminate, passed with flying colors and are available.

Used hand guns must pass the same test to be brought into the state for sale. If it is new enough to be on the list, it is fine. If it is an older unlisted model it is not fine. This rule essentially eliminates used hand guns from out of state being sold in CA. Things have changed since I left, but it seems used hand guns not on the list, can not be shipped from FFL to FFL within the state. So you must buy locally or be prepared to fill out the forms one day and come back 10 days later to pick up the gun. If the gun is at a shop 300 or 400 miles away, this can be an inconvenience to say the least.

When I lived in CA, long guns did not have to go through this test. They just had to meet the configuration regulations concocted by the goof balls in the legislature. I do not believe there is a "list" for long guns.

If all this seems new or unreasonable to you, consider yourself fortunate to live in a free state. You would do well to insure it stays that way. After 30 years of fighting the idiots in Sacramento, I cast my final vote with my feet. I quit my job and fled to Oregon. The streets are not paved with gold here, but it seems to be harder for the gun grabbers to get traction here.

Last edited by RGS; 10/18/08.

Rick
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It means money to CA and less freedom to you

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It means if the gestapo had there way even pop guns would be banned. You'll also need a little card from your FFL that says you are now allowed to puchase handguns in the republic of California...but im not bitter smile Card costs $25 bucks as I recall.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just heard from a friend in Kalifornia who tells me the authorities came around and confiscated a .22 auto of his because it wasn't CA compliant. He tells me he also got a notice to turn in his AR-15 because he'd failed to re-register it as an assault weapon. At that point, he said, he told them they'd better send a swat team. He's heard no more. Is it really that bad out there?

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The California drop test is used in my company's Six Sigma text as a prime example of a statistically worthless test.

Be not weary in well doing.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would like to offer a service to drop test California politicians. I live in Colorado so I can offer 3,000+ ft drop tests, if necessary, to ensure Californians are safe from their politicians.

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup. Manufacturer has to pony up not only 3 guns for each model, they also have to cough up the dough for the PRK to drop test the damn things as well. And if they drop test a 4" blued GP100, that don't mean you can sell a 4" stainless GP100, they gotta test 3 of those bad boys too. As I recall the cert is only good for 3 years.

I recently went shopping for and bought a Taurus Tracker (big mistake). Wanted one in .41, but they Taurus won't sell them here because there isn't enough demand for the .41 to justify the hoops they gotta jump through to sell them here. So, I got the .44 instead. Yes, even the same gun in different calibers needs to be drop tested seperately.

Nothing more than an attempt to whittle away desire to continue in the gun selling and buying business at both ends. The more hoops they make everyone jump through, the fewer people willing to jump through those hoops.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
345 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.