-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You should get him this shirt. After all, it does sound like he may be The Great Cornholio.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry miller, this is what threw me.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Miller if you're gonna pack it a ways.. clearly you should carry LIGHT beer.

For a really good workout on those scouting/exercise trips you really should try a bag of heavy sand instead of beer. That way you won't have a light pack on your return trip. As a bonus, the sand will allow you to get your scouting done during the afternoon so you don't have to be out early or late. Or so I've heard.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I would be happy to send Brad, Greenhorn, and Sam enough money for PBR. Heck I will send enough money for some good stuff.

It sounds like the law knows him, we will give them a call.

thanks,

Ernie

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I'm not a PBR man but if it was a case of Fate Tire... grin

The law sounds like the place to go IMO.

I confronted the the subject in question on his business practices last time I got some Euro mounts after waiting/calling for two years... he rarely returns phone messages and rarely answers his phone. He's hardly ever at his shop too.

To his credit he delivered them in person. Not to his credit, they weren't done according to our agreement and the elk head was missing. He had to take them back, redo them, then delivered them again (got the elk that time)... months later.

The elk had laid around in his shop non-bug eaten for so long it couldn't be cleaned properly. His solution was to spray paint it white... un-friggin believable. After some hard words he gave me everything at NC.

I'd never, ever use the guy or recommend his work. Pathetic.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
All he is doing for us is nailing the horns to a board. They both were small 5x5's, but it was my first elk. We thought getting them done out there and having them shipped to us would be better than trying to stuff them into the over head bin on the airplane.

The shipping work great on the meat.

By the way you guys have it made out there. My wife perfers elk over deer therefore she prepares it more often.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What outfitter could possibly recommend this douchebag?

I once saw a decent mount that had his logo on it and thought two things.. 1) he had somebody else actually do the work, or 2) he tried extra hard because the guy who shot it owns a bunch of private land in his locale..

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I won't mention the outfitter because I was impressed with his outfit.

It was public land in the Teton wilderness of Wyoming.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Spoke to the law about Kirby. Not much can be done. They checked to see if they had additional numbers. The last time they had to deal with him was in 2003.

I have two phone numbers. One disconnected and one the mail box is full.

I also have two addresses (home and business). Officer told me to send letters to both addresses telling him we are going to take civil action.

A
A
My first hunt out west and I shot a mule deer of my lifetime...I dropped off the rack plus 2 of my friends & the hides...thought he was a nice guy. Just wanted them shipped to a friend who would mount them. He won't answer the phone or return a call. We have friends out there who are going to pay him a visit.

His business is called "images of wildlife", 36 high plains , bozeman/belgrade,mt.
Phone is 406-388-9838 ==== "Afterhim"....yeah, that's you...Kirby.

IC B3

A
A
We called the president of the Montana Taxidermy Assoc. He was very helpful and in fact knew Kirby King. He told me to give him a couple days to touch base with him and he would get back to me. He could not get Kirby to answer his call,[or return], but left him a message to get me my capes and horns immediately! If he didnt in one week I am to call the Montana division of widlife, district 3 and have an officer go to Kirbys shop and get possesion of trophys.

So, 1 week passed & more and we called MDW, they said to call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint and it was out of their hands. We couldn't believe it.

Today, just by chance, I happened to stop in a restaurant while traveling on business in the middle of Ohio and I met a guy who has land in Montana. I also ran into him when when I got back from my trip and showed him a picture of my deer. Well, he's a great guy and he called a friend who knows someone at MDW and they are going to help me.... will keep you posted.

VAHuntFisher - give me your info, so I can pass it on to them as well.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
afterhim,

PM sent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another taxidermist in Belgrade, MT

For what it's worth, I have had a taxidermist named Terry Suhr in Belgrade do some work for me and have been pleased with his work. His prices are great, and his is a stand up guy from my experiences over the last 5 or so years.

Fred

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jerry has done 24 of my big game mounts plus 2 birds and 2 fish. All excellent work. He also has 22 more animals of mine (most from 2 African hunts) that I'm waiting for him to mount.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

V
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
V
With the help of Afterhim and my outfitter I received the two set of racks from Kirby King. It only took 2 1/2 years. My fathers horns were mounted. He did not get around to mounting mine, but at least I have the horns so I can get it done.

Thanks for all the advise.

Ernie

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just wanted to bring this one back to life. His business is called "Images of Wildlife". Buyer beware.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He sounds like a prince of a guy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
To the Top. Anybody ever found this guy? I know somebody that would really like a set of antlers back from his largest ever bull elk, a B&C caliber non-typical taken in MT in the 70s. Kirby's had the antlers since 2010. I'd venture to guess he sold them.

An obituary notification might be nearly as satisfying.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
The OP was from my son. He and I finally got our antlers after our Wyoming outfitter drove to Belgrade to confront Mr. King. The antlers arrived with one mounted poorly and one not mounted. Mr. King told me he would send me back my deposit for one of the mounts but of course I never got it. This was early 2009.

Do not do business with this man!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 39 invisible), 2,709 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,509
Posts18,452,629
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.