Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
you think it's hard to work after hearing about it, try it after seeing the damn thing crazy

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ahrgggg! Just got back from the doc with my anti-bi-otics.

Keeps me straight in a camp full of men who smell like doe piss.

Doc says it will cure my pneumonia too.

I want to

1- feel better

2-LEAVE FOR CAMP!!!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
gorgel, I know EXACLTY how you feel. Went throug EXACTLY the same thing last opener. It sucked, but I did see some deer.

get better quick. The bucks are moving, and it's only gonna get better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So I says "yer havin a what?? election?! Keep dat ting in yer shorts" but I still wonder if it is going to affect deer movement?
Oh, I got the sticker, "I voted"... for me to kill a big ass buck!!!!

I also got the " I had an x-ray" sticker...enlarged heart?, pfffft, call me after deer season.

Those &^%$ers down at the bar, what do they know, I can too kill a buck, what? five dollars for a beer?? Ill kill that Johnson fella. A fly marrying a bumble bee..the little creatures of nature, they dont know that they are ugly.

62 hours till I leave for deer camp.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sadly, I understood every word you just mindlessly yammered out at us... grin

That's how bad I've got it.

Mid week. it's mid week.

Election is over & there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. The Dem's won't have time to take my deer season away this year so that's what I'm going to focus on, happy thoughts.

I picked up some beer, fixed my tractor, mowed 2 shooting lanes by a stand I will call my own stand (this is the Tzone stand that Tom gifted to me) Thanks Tom, I'll do my best to bang flop a good one from that stand. I put it at the edge of a stand of cedar facing north, looking to the west there is a sparse edge of hardwoods that transitions into cane grass & brushy swamp, to the east, more of the same, straight ahead it's grassy swamp, behind me a dark stand of very large cedar ... It looks good but with the rain that's started on top of how wet it already was it's going to be a very hard stand to get to with dry feet.

It may end up being my favorite black powder season stand though, swamp should be frozen by then.

More big fork toe buck tracks up the driveway along the "moat"

I hooked up the box blade on the 3 point & I smoothed out old ruts in the trail leading back to chickenbuck ranch. Just in time too because it started raining while I was on my way out of the woods & heading for the voting booth.

3 days.

I'm shaking.

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
if hunting is outlawded....only outlaws will hunt. call me an outlaw I guess. does demacraps been in office before, prolly will again, world will keep turning, maybe backwards, but will keep turning. just remember, it is still the great country you fought for.

sounds like you need to get a pair of knee high rubbers, and put a alternate stand by that moat. whatch out for dragons though...and chicken bucks...and flying bears...unless yer sprotin a 20-20-30... wit 15 rounds and 15 in da ammo belt....somebody help me...I can't stop doing this...it's out of control...help...please...somebody...anybody...hurry...it's mid week...it's crazy...and I...can't stop it...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'am totally wingin it. I haven't been to the camp since the small game opener. With my schedule and the landowners health issues, it just never worked out. My stand may still be the hot stand, but truly, I don't know.

If we get any snow that sticks, I'll sneak around and see where they're movin. This is really starting to suck... still two day until I leave.

I was backing my gear last night and for some reason, couldn't narrow down the 3knives I packed. hopefully I'll need them all. They will go with the three orange hats and two different weights of wool jackets.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
..somebody help me...I can't stop doing this...it's out of control...help...please...somebody...anybody...hurry...it's mid week...it's crazy...and I...can't stop it...

just go with it man, don't fight it, just let it out... grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
ok...I'll...try...that...and...see...what...happens...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
are you fired & divorced yet?

grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well, i see your at it agian. You got to quit doing those rain dances at deer season Dave!! this is just too hard on us. we Got the big war wagon pulled out to the field last night, got it stocked up and ready to go. we even had deer coming out of the woods as we were placing it in its final resting spot for the year. i can't wait to try out the new muck boots i got last night. me going to have happy feet!!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
not fired yet. divorce may be looming.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm afraid i will have muck boots this weekend too.... muck covered!! yesterday the woods had a crunchy dry leaf sound when you walked.... today it goes "squish-squish"

that's what you listen for, squish steps & soggy twigs breaking....

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
at least there's happiness on the horizon then!! Yuo'll still be able to wathc the Pack!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why in the hell would I want to watch the pack?

I might see them this weekend...but only because they're playing da VIKES!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
squish, squish, SNAP....music to my ears.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I just won a rifle.

WBY vanguard 30-06

the event has elevated my orange fever.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
how did you win a rifle now!! maybe for a case a high life it would be worth a trade?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ford dealer gave it to me.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What, He couldnt spring for a 99??!~!

Remembering The 99
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,217
Posts18,466,363
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.