Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
You warmongers need to lighten up on the man. It sounds like he's planning on getting this war business up and running!

But it�s also important that a president speaks to military service as an obligation not just of some, but of many.

And I think it�s important for the president to say, this is an important obligation. If we are going into war, then all of us go, not just some.

Well, there�s no doubt that if there are wars going on and some are being asked to sacrifice their lives, that I think you have to ask yourself, why them instead of you?

I think it�s important for us to increase the size of our Army and our Marines

http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008...esidential-forum-at-columbia-university/

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I thought you said Hussein was going to stop the war and that's why he was going to beat McCain, who said if we needed to stay in Iraq 100 years, then we would?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
No,...I never said that.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I've said very consistently that there's very little difference between Democrats and Republicans. That's why I didn't vote for the candidate from either party.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VERY LITTLE!

Love the signature quote by the way.

WAR EAGLE!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, you're just hard-headed. There was a huge difference between the two. A quick perusal of their records as Senators would reveal this. Neither was acceptable to me in a perfect world. My world is not perfect like your own. I had to compromise and vote for the candidate who would damage our country the least. Three states thrown to the wolves by people too hard-headed to recognize the difference between a war hero who doesn't always vote right and a crack head who never does.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
No, you're just hard-headed. There was a huge difference between the two. A quick perusal of their records as Senators would reveal this. Neither was acceptable to me in a perfect world. My world is not perfect like your own. I had to compromise and vote for the candidate who would damage our country the least. Three states thrown to the wolves by people too hard-headed to recognize the difference between a war hero who doesn't always vote right and a crack head who never does.

Awwww well,... look on the bright side.

You had a choice between two big government warmongers,...and ya got one of 'em.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All this, before he's even briefed by the Joint Chiefs? A campaign promise I suspect, nothing more.

Is why you voted for Obama?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
All this, before he's even briefed by the Joint Chiefs? A campaign promise I suspect, nothing more.

Is why you voted for Obama?

First,..I didn't vote for Obama.

Second,....why the hell would someone who is (ostensibly) trying to appeal to the antiwar base make a campaign promise about pumping up the military?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Second,....why the hell would someone who is (ostensibly) trying to appeal to the antiwar base make a campaign promise about pumping up the military?

becuase when he spoke, no one remembered what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This warmonger didn't run cause he's already got his own show.
[Linked Image]

If ya'll want him ya gotta come get him...he's too fat to haul.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Introducing!,...

Crazeeeee John Hageeeeee!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Introducing!,...

Crazeeeee John Hageeeeee!

Yeah he's down here with me. If ya ever see his show you'll LYAO!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I dunno, man.

He strikes me as the type that could go "Jim Jones" any minute.

That doesn't make me laugh.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Any excuse to increase spending and taxes, both of them will go up, spending on the military will go down though. Instead we will see a "homeland securaty force" AKA OBama youth group, who will inform on family and neighbors, and anyone else who is not toeing the party line. Taxes will increase across to board to support the new "social initiatives' heathcare will decrease along with other real scocial services. Just wait and watch.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hope you are wrong but I fear you got it right.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry, but you're wrong Bristoe. I distinctly remember you telling us how Hussein would beat anybody we fielded because he was the only anti-war candidate. I remember you saying this is why he would beat Hilary in the primaries even. I can look back and find it maybe if you won't admit to it.

You made your choice too. Now we will live with the results of it for four years.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ethan Edwards
Sorry, but you're wrong Bristoe. I distinctly remember you telling us how Hussein would beat anybody we fielded because he was the only anti-war candidate. I remember you saying this is why he would beat Hilary in the primaries even. I can look back and find it maybe if you won't admit to it.

You made your choice too. Now we will live with the results of it for four years.

The problem with partisanship is one only hears/reads what they want to hear or read.........

Bristoe, myself, and some of the other liberty guys said Obama would be elected because he was perceived as being opposed to the Iraq war. It's a huge leap to say that somehow translates into support for Obama.

The Iraq war became very unpopular--it doesn't take much acumen to figure out if one of the two major candidates opposes the war, he gonna get a lot of votes.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Maybe you ostrich's should have noticed the exit polling data, the war in Iraq was way down the list, like 6th most important to actual voters. "Change" was more important than the war to voters. Then you guys thought voting for Barr was actually an option that was good for the country.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Whoa Casey. If you'll remember correctly, I stood right in there with all the Paul supporters and took being called one of the "crazy eight" etc. I still like Dr. Paul and stand behind most of his ideas. I did not get behind the RINO McCain until Hussein had been proven to be far more dangerous than electing another "bipartisan maverick".

I know what I read and nowhere do I recall accusing Bristoe of voting for Obama, save by proxy. Bristoe is now claiming he didn't say Obama would win due to his anti war stance and I want to clarify that as he certainly did.

"Liberty guys"? I guess all of us who took up the slack for y'all who "stood on principle" are fascists or some such? I held my nose and did what I thought was best for the country. I can see no benefit in Hussein having been elected and the push IMO, will now be for the Republican Party to travel even farther towards the left in order to win in 2010 and 2012. I can't see where y'alls protest votes have made any difference. I guess we'll see.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.