Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Ran across them on ebay $109 if I remember right, incase someone needs a shorter the LOP this could be the just ticket

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Thanks for the heads up!! I got mine (hope they send it!) before they realized what they had and pulled them. These are unique stocks. Not quite the Deluxe that was sold in the US for a while as they do not have rosewood caps but the wood and checkering is nicer than the Hunter version. Wish I would have bought them all!

I see they just upped the price to $149.99. Still a bargain for a non-existant item.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Beretta-Sako-Tikka-T3-Rifle-Gun-Stock-Hi-Grade-NEW-L-K_W0QQitemZ200275456466QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_Parts?hash=item200275456466&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited by RickyD; 11/14/08.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I got my T3 stock today and I'm pretty pleased. The wood is nice, nicer than any Hunter I've seen, and it's light. I don't have a scale to weight it on but it sure does feel lighter to me than the injection molded stock it's replacing. It's also unique. From the wood grade and checkering pattern it's not the Hunter and since it doesn't have rosewood caps, it's not the Deluxe either. Maybe it's a Euro model. I don't know. It fit perfectly and then only thing I need now are sling studs. Those should not be hard or expensive to come by. Oh yeah.....and some range time. I think I can manage that this weekend when I go to get my daughter aquainted with her slug gun.

Here's a pic. Not very good at night but shows the stock figure and checkering pattern. Not bad for $120 bucks shipped.

[Linked Image]

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Does it have a palm swell?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No it doesn't. Good question, though. Hadn't thought of that.

I was surprised by how light it was. The recoil pad for the original T3 stock fit perfect as did the trigger guard/magwell and the recoil lug. It makes a nicer looking rifle out of the pedestrian T3.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I received one today. It is not any nicer than the already plain Jane wood stock I had. Therefore, I certainly have a legit excuse to buy a stainless model T3 since walnut looks really great against stainless.

I suspect he sent out the nicer stocks on his first orders. It is definitely not as nice as the one posted here. I think I can always use an extra walnut stock, a light weight one such as this. I was always searching for the previous model 595 and 695 Tikka wood stock for a decent price but never any luck.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry to hear your's turned out to be kinda plain. Mine is no AAA grade, but nicer than I figured it would be.

I agree with the stainless and walnut opinion. It's a nice contrast. I like it too.

I'm sure you will never lose any money on your stock since I have never seen any for sale by anyone before.

One question: Is the checkering on the new one different than the stock that came with your rifle?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The checkering on the stock that came with the 300 WSM factory Hunter wood, blue steel model rifle has 3 separate panels of checkering on the forend and 3 separate panels on the grip. The one I ordered from eBay has 2 separate panels of checkering on the forend and 2 separate panels on the grip. The designs of the checkering are different, also.

I am fine with the stock. I simply did not go "Wow!" in my mind upon seeing it. I have seen a .223 T3 blue model with a supergrade type factory stock that was gorgeous. It, also, cost a couple hundred more than the standard. I just was not looking for a custom looking .223 at the time. I was looking for the stainless .223.

As many stocks as I have ruined in the past, I am most happy to have this extra one for this price, considerably less than what Winchester, Ruger, Remington, and Tikka charge for a replacement.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,698 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.