Hop To
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Still one of my all time favorite 'Fire threads.

+1

No doubt THE premiere Fire thread, probably the longest running.

DF

GB1

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Sh1t, Starman has to enter and totally ruin what was the 24HCF's finest thread of all time.

What a danged shame.

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Knowing the truth is not a bad thing, but small minded fools have trouble comprehending that.
Those professional pilots certainly deserve the recognition. No different to giving recognition
to the importance and efforts of a good PH. - but you could also get the PH to shoot all your game
and all you have to do then is pose in the photos with rifle and carcasses like you did it... wink
-pretend pilots or pretend hunters, same same.

Without those skilled pilots, the Johnsons weren't going to be adventure flying anywhere on their own.
looks like Osa sitting in the rear...

[Linked Image]

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Knowing the truth is not a bad thing, but small minded fools have trouble comprehending that.
Those professional pilots certainly deserve the recognition. No different to giving recognition
to the importance and efforts of a good PH. - but you could also get the PH to shoot all your game
and all you have to do then is pose in the photos with rifle and carcasses like you did it... wink
-pretend pilots or pretend hunters, same same.

Without those skilled pilots, the Johnsons weren't going to be adventure flying anywhere on their own.
looks like Osa sitting in the rear...

[Linked Image]

I hope you take your civic duty seriously late this coming fall. Make sure EVERY child you encounter you tell them how there is no Santa Claus. Hang out near the Santa workshops at the mall (if your court order allows) and tell EVERY kid that there is no Santa.

Report back from the hospital.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Still one of the best threads on The 'Fire. I bought a Ruger African 9.3x62 because of Osa's adventures.

RS

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I.just read Chronical of An.African Trip by George Eastman .The Johnson's Martin and Osa hunted with him Carl Ackley and his wife bad Philip Percival this is an awesome book it's also signed by George Eastman .I have I Married Adventure By OsaJohnso also signed by her Best African Wishes Osa Johnson was awesome woman .I hope to read more of her adventures and see more of their adventures they recorded .Their should be a movie made about them the Johnson's were awesome! George Eastman sure was impressed with Osa!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope no one is offended if I bump this thread.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
After being absent from here for a few years, I noticed last night that some of the links in the thread no longer work. Such is life on the Internet. Oh well...

However, I also noticed that the Safari Museum now has a very large collection of photos available for viewing online. Here's the link:

http://safarimuseum.com/gallery/

It takes the page a little time to load so be patient. It's hard to believe that I started this thread 10 years ago! Where has the time gone?...

Cheers!
Bob F. grin

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Bob! Great to see you back. Africa forum has picked up here lately, so jump in.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Always the iconic campfire thread! Thanks Bob!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
BFaucett

Thanks for the link. I would have a framed photo of Osa cleaning her rifle with the rifle. it didn't have a number but was from the first series of "I married Adventure" and the rifle was a Springfield but a striking photo non the less with a great quote by her husband.

So how did it shoot?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Always the iconic campfire thread! Thanks Bob!!!!!

+1 !

This thread is right up there with the classic Campfire thread A delicate topic "baboon ass"

John

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Great thread.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.