-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesse, I have a lefty Hunter and others I could post up, I need to dig up some cardboard, gimme a bit.

Yes, this a cool thread.......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread needs a breath of fresh air. Up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gehrm

Does anyone have a picture of the High Tech Specialties Bansner stock for the Model 70 they could post following this template?

None on hand right now, so this is as close as I can get... maybe someone with a Bansner on hand will oblige.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BTDT...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
BTDT...

Well that's not especially helpful grin

Care to pony up a photo or link!?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah sorry Brad. Gotta PMCOTC and go to the PC grin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PMCOTC

Huh?

Dude, you gotta speak plainly for us old guys laugh

Just got a smart phone last week... it's not helping grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha, here it is:

[Linked Image]

This is a good thread, utah708 really had a good idea here. I know it's helped me a time or 2 wink... Brad, your red line photo works great for depicting drop at heel and comb, but the template helps to show how long the forend is, and grip angle and length, which is also helpful info. One of the reasons I bought my Bansner is because you have a high opinion of them. I am glad I tried it out and I feel they are a more comfortable stock to shoot off the bench as compared to the Mcmillan hunters compact edge I had on my EW. The parrallel comb really helps mitigate recoil. They are a dang nice stock in IMHO...

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Brad, your red line photo works great for depicting drop at heel and comb, but the template helps to show how long the forend is, and grip angle and length, which is also helpful info.

Well yeah, but like I said I don't have one on hand to do the template thing... a straight line down the bore was as good as I could do on the Paint program with old photos. laugh

BSA Thanks for putting that up. I've always wanted to see the Bansner on UT708's excellent stock template. The Bansner ergo's really work well for me and am contemplating another for my M70 EW.

Except for a slightly tighter grip it's quite similar to the Kimber MT which is no surprise:

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I've heard, second hand, that Bansner has a Miller (Dave) designed (or influenced) stock also for their model 70 stocks, as an option. Anybody with first hand experience with one?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

New Haven '70. 30'06, 24 inch barrel. Mcmillan Sako Hunter stock. A nice tight grip with a lot of vertical. I like it alot. Points well and great ergos at the bench.

If any one has thoughts comparing this stocks grip to a Winchester/Mcmillan Classic, Feel free.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

New Haven .300WSM, 24 inch barrel with Mcmillan Featherweight stock. More open grip with more horizintal than vertical. A nice trim hunting stock, but lacks at the bench.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks for taking the time to make the template. It sure helps me out when I want to compare different stocks.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread should a sticky, one of the most helpful on the Fire� Thanks for starting it utah708!

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
AMEN, Heck I had never seen this topic before, and am looking for a McMillian, Manners or Edge that is the most like the Pacific/Rimrock mod 70 stock. very best

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sticky!

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree this is a great resource thus far, thanks to those that took the time to post pictures.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
This is such an excellent idea and thread. Thank you all.

The Bell and Carlson posted by BSA1917 Hunter seems like a good design for a general purpose/prone application. I have a .308 MTU contour Bartlien barrel and am considering my stock options. Since I will use a short M700 action I have been leaning to the McMillan M40A-1 but am open to other options.

Any others I should look at?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's too bad that Basner doesn't offer their stock with a cheekpiece for Winchesters (except for pre-64's). Otherwise, I'd be all over them.

Anyone have a Manners MCS-SL that they could put on the template?

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bump wink good info.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found this thread while deciding what stock to get to replace the bc on my m70 ew. I was pleased to see a m70 ew depicted with the paper template. I very much like the high cheeck weld of the bc ew stock and it had the highest one of any pictured in this discussion. Can anyone recommend a stock pattern from mcmillan that will give me a nice high check weld like the stock bc stock does? I can mount that rifle blind, get consistent check weld, open my eyes and have perfect scope picture.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1234, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,156 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,099
Posts18,464,161
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.