Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Originally Posted by wvhunter
Made in JAPAN!!!!!

Yup and they could learn a thing or two about steel.They've never been known for producing good steel.

When I begin hunting moose in a few more days it'll be Rugers that go along for the trigger squeeze. Until that moment, however, the machinery spinning at 6000 RPMs will be "inferior" Japanese aluminum and steel, none of which has done that spinning and reciprocating in the two stroke motors of which it is a part for less than 10,000 miles. If that means they "could learn a thing or two", fine, but it sure won't be any Americans doing the teaching. "Good ol'" USA does not produce such product.

I hate what happened before and during World War II, but if that hatred is applied to what happens now, then we'll be living in caves. Ain't much love to be found in humans slaughtering each other - regardless who's doing the slaughtering and who's being slaughtered.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
BP-B6

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bighorn75: Would the gunsmith be Bruno?

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
. Most of the guys here who live to degrade the quality of polite discourse, are associated with BS.

Low blow Jeff. At least when they have something to say you know who is saying it and whom they are saying it to. You don't have to read between any lines.

You seem to be able to get into a disagreement with a stump.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
. Most of the guys here who live to degrade the quality of polite discourse, are associated with BS.

Low blow Jeff. At least when they have something to say you know who is saying it and whom they are saying it to. You don't have to read between any lines.

You seem to be able to get into a disagreement with a stump.

"Degrading the quality of polite discourse" is simply punk-a$$ to me, regardless of whether you're arguing with a stump or not...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Degrading the quality of polite discourse" can be fixed. Not sure if the same applies to "arguing with a stump."

Addition to Jeff: I admire your enthusiasm and support of the hunting/shooting sports. We need more like that. But sometimes we just disagree and should just let it go after a page or two wink .

Last edited by battue; 12/26/08.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rahtreelimb, I think it is because they a Japanese made and IMO at one time they were very over priced for what they were. I never likes their high gloss finish. And they are a tad heavy for most folks.
Mine weighs in at a little over 8.5 pounds but that is light when compared to my Ruger No. 1B's that weigh in at 10.25 pounds.
I have a .270 Win A-Bolt that I bought used. The finish was in bad shape so I refinished it and glassed bedded the action and it shoots sub-MOA. With some factory ammo and my reloads. I have also had a 300 WSM in a A-Bolt Stalker. After over six months I sent it down the road. I never could get it shoot better than 1 1/2� groups.

Last edited by cole_k; 12/26/08.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fair enough Battue! :-)

I've had so many low blows from that crew that maybe I'm forgetting my manners.

By the way I get into arguments with stumps all the time, seeing as I heat my house with woodstoves and cut my own wood every year- but my Huskies and maul win the argument for me. <grin>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good man. (And you can bust a nut with the best when appropriate.)

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Not sure I want to get into this, but here goes...
My gunsmith friend says there's hardly a mass produced factory rifle today that he doesn't see for repairs or fixin' of some kind. 3 of my last 7 purchases have all had SERIOUS problems right out of the box! That's 43%, and fairly typical according to him.

An A-Bolt SS (LH)in 375H&H that wouldn't shoot anything into a group! I spent $175 on it, including bedding, trigger work, recrowning the muzzle... and finally cutting the barrel down to 22". That cost 150fps and no better accuracy. It went down the road! The bore was 8/1000" off-center! Just by looking at that 4" chunk of steel, you can see the bore was off-center! (BTW, I've owned a couple other A-Bolts that were VERY fast and Very accurate!)

A Remington M673 in 350 Rem Mag... the chamber was UNFINISHED! Roughed out only and undersize! Had to be polished by my gunsmith! A floorplate that refused to stay shut and would pop open at the most critical times... like on a bear hunt when a bear was coming to my bait and it dumped the full load onto my plastic seat sounding like firecrackers going off!!! IT GOT TRADED!

An 1895 Marlin in 45-70... The follower was bent downward and wouldn't cycle loads! Back to my gunsmith... he straightened it!

So on... and so on... mad

Not a problem (so far) with my CZ 550, which I've owned for about 1 1/2yrs. laugh

Last edited by CZ550; 12/26/08.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Traded some Plumbing work for 3 A-bolts, a 7,.300 and .338 magnums, they all shoot under an inch, with the .338 doing 1/2 inch with the old 200 Ballistic tip,, I have never hunted with any of them yet, to many other favorites, but they all 3 have fast barrels and shoot very well, put the light trigger springs in and they run @ 2 lbs, will have to give one a go in the future

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well, seems like I am going to buck the trend here. I have a few customs, lots of Rems, few Rugers, and mausers.

I have owned the following Brownings:

22 Rim fire
22 Mag
270 stainless stalker
7 Mag stainless stalker

The 4 above brownings shot with the bullets touching, and I never had any problems with any of them.

My 270, brother's, dad's, and friend's A Bolt shoots the 130's in 3/8"-1/2" groups with 58.0g of R#22 with a fed 210.

The 7 Mag probably had booked a 1000 miles or better in a scabbord on a Mule or Horse...shot the 140's in 1 1/2 inches at 400 yards.

I preference is a custom barrel on a Rem 700, but must admit that all the browning Abolts of mine, brother's, and dad's shoot where you can hit the MINI clay pigeons (2 3/4") at 400 yards.

Triggers are simple, just re-spring them and get them down to 1 lb if that is what you like.

The Browning BAR's with the boss on them can be tuned to shoot a single ragged hole, have seen this on 270's, 7 Mags, and 30/06's.

I find it hard to believe the ignorance displayed here in this post. It goes to show you just how little gun people really know about guns.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yes you do know little.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yes you do know little.

Forget it! Not worth my words.

Last edited by Kemosabe; 12/28/08.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by cole_k
Rahtreelimb, I think it is because they a Japanese made and IMO at one time they were very over priced for what they were. I never likes their high gloss finish. And they are a tad heavy for most folks.
Mine weighs in at a little over 8.5 pounds but that is light when compared to my Ruger No. 1B's that weigh in at 10.25 pounds.
I have a .270 Win A-Bolt that I bought used. The finish was in bad shape so I refinished it and glassed bedded the action and it shoots sub-MOA. With some factory ammo and my reloads. I have also had a 300 WSM in a A-Bolt Stalker. After over six months I sent it down the road. I never could get it shoot better than 1 1/2&#148; groups.

The Made In Japan thing I just don't get. Tikka's sure as hell aren't made here but nobody makes comments on that. The fact that Tikka's generaly shoot well "out of box" I guess cancels that..........but it shouldn't!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
Yes you do know little.

Forget it! Not worth my words.

Only move you had

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I agree, You have one of these guy's in every crowd, theirs is the only opinion that matter's..Best to ignore these insulting comments................547.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Agreed, especially with idiots.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Only move you had

I think not.

ps - To whom do you claim to be sending prayers?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants - it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
To all that need it.

Prayers sent!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bet you sit in the front row pew too.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (12308300, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.