Berger Hunting Bullets.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#2681655 - 12/29/08 09:22 AM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: Reba]
Jed 1899 Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Paradise,New York
Anyone mention getting a massage?
It's the best RX there is.

CI16728
#2681658 - 12/29/08 09:24 AM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: Whip]
MontanaMarine Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Canyon Ferry, Montana
Get an MRI and find out what's going on.

I had a chiropractor "treat" my back/leg pain/numbness for three months (courtesy Naval Medicine). After a point I was on crutches and could barely take a $hit without seeing bright lights flashing in my brain.

Finally got an MRI and the L4/5 disc was ruptured. The Chiropractor's eyes bugged out when he saw the MRI pics, and he said there is nothing he can do for me.

Finally on to a neurosurgeon and a diskectomy. I'm now in constant pain. Managing it without a lot of drugs is the best way to live.

#2681687 - 12/29/08 09:38 AM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: Whip]
EZEARL Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: WV
Everyone with this problem needs to make an informed decision on how they want to handle it. I went the chiropractic route because of getting immediate but not total relief the first time I went. At that time in my life I NEEDED to keep working and it just so happens that my chiropractor kept me going up until I needed a neurosurgeon which he informed me from the get go I would eventually need. My back condition was caused by abuse and not an accident which also helped me make my decision to keep with my chiropractor. I recoverd VERY well from my surgery with no apparent permanent nerve damage. Call it luck if you want but if had it to do over again I'd go the same route. If the recent surgery on my neck(which was needed because of two accidents)turns out as well,and it seems to be,I'll be happy.

til later

#2682628 - 12/29/08 04:47 PM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: EZEARL]
jberry Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I am a physician and at bone and joint hospital. I do spine surgery three days a week. No offense meant, but do not go to a Chiropractor. Go see a neurologist or spine surgeon. They will not cut on you if you do not need it. If there is vascular damage it is emergent. If there is significant nerve damage, you could end up with RSD. See a physician first.

#2682726 - 12/29/08 05:14 PM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: Jamison]
mtmisfit Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Helena, MT
go to a chiro for quick relief and get an inversion table for maintenance.

I have a dissolving disk between L4 & L5, 6 weeks of physical therapy did nothing for it. After the 1st visit to the chiro 80% of the pain was gone and I could walk again. 2 more visits and I was back to normal. I still visit the chiro when I do something stupid and need a quick tune-up.

The inversion table works......

ETA: my chiro had my MRI's and X-rays in hand before he treated me. I figured that was a given as no chiro that was worth a [bleep] would treat you without knowing what he was dealing with. Also, if the chiro has a "loan officer" for you to visit so you can schedule the treatment plan.....RUN away.

Edited by mtmisfit (12/29/08 05:20 PM)

#2682791 - 12/29/08 05:34 PM Re: Help!!! Pinched nerve in my lower back... [Re: mtmisfit]
rattler Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: NE Montana
got no problems seeing a chiropractor for back problems, i do on a regular basis.....HOWEVER what Jamison described can be anything from an alignment of the vertebrae being out of whack to a herniated disk......if its an alignment issue i would see a chiropractor....herniated disk i would see a surgeon....and until i knew which it was no one would be touching my back......

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on VORTEX OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
459 registered (25classic, 257heaven, 01Foreman400, 260madman, 163bc, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 1060 Guests and 311 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
CLICK BANNER for HUGE SAVINGS on ZEISS at CAMERA LAND!
Forum Stats
50833 Members
72 Forums
642200 Topics
9222028 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Berger Hunting Bullets.

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.