Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
A
OP Offline
A
A total of 3 men have suffered extensive injury from the Mossberg 100 ATR (which is a bolt action rifle). The assembly pin (sometimes referred to as the bolt head pin or retaining pin) is breaking. The gun will then fire when the locking lugs are not locked causing the gun to blow a user's face off. This happened to two of the men --and both were airlifted to a local trauma center, and the third has injuries to his hand. I am set for trial in April in Tampa Florida. Any information/input would be welcomed. Over the last two years I have learned alot but am always trying to understand all this a little better.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seriously doubt anyone here would help you gut a great old American gun manufacturer. mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Usually attorneys are better at asking questions.

Is there a question in that post?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Use the Search function and IIRC you will find what you are seeking.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I love attorneys.

"To study without a book is to sail an uncharted sea, While to study only from books is not to go to sea at all" Sir William Osler
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
If true, a bolt flying back into your face is a real joke...well worth "saving" Mossberg from attack.... I can't help but wonder about the fact that we rail against a manufacturer because a rifle won't shoot a 1/2" group; but if they peddle a defective design that kills or maims,.....well,that's OK(?)Pretty funny... smirk

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
If true, a bolt flying back into your face is a real joke...well worth "saving" Mossberg from attack.... I can't help but wonder about the fact that we rail against a manufacturer because a rifle won't shoot a 1/2" group; but if they peddle a defective design that kills or maims,.....well,that's OK(?)Pretty funny... smirk

I guess you are a closet bottom feeder. wink

I'm not defending the poorly conceived rifle. It shouldn't be defended if it does that.

I DO take great exception that a bottom feeder would come to a Gun Forum and ask us to help him hammer yet another AMERICAN firearms maker. smirk

Not "Pretty Funny", but pretty sad and nervy. smirk smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hurt from just looking at an ATR, I can't imagine shooting one.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you or a loved one have been injured by a Mossberg, you are entitled to a large settlement.

Get Bent Dueche Bag!

Scum of the Earth P.O.S.!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For a number of reasons I do not consider Mossberg a company worth protecting. I refuse to have anything to do with them and will not order them for folks under any circumstances. Unresponsive and reckless would be two fair descriptions of their business policy...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
One has to ask how the pin gets broken. Overloaded handloads
could cause sticking. Not very long ago a guy was opening a
"stiff bolt" by putting the butt on the ground and stompin
with his boot. More background is needed before we make judgement.
Good luck!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
If Mossberg put out a defective product as bad as what it may appear that they have (at least one case has a fellow catching the bolt in the face at the first trip to the range, using proper factory ammo, less than 10 rounds fired), then they should be "gutted".

If not, then that'll come out in court.

My guess will be for settlement.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I guess you are a closet bottom feeder. wink

I'm not defending the poorly conceived rifle. It shouldn't be defended if it does that.

I DO take great exception that a bottom feeder would come to a Gun Forum and ask us to help him hammer yet another AMERICAN firearms maker. smirk

Not "Pretty Funny", but pretty sad and nervy. smirk smirk

What is really sad is that there are several fools on here that are playing right into his hand.

"To study without a book is to sail an uncharted sea, While to study only from books is not to go to sea at all" Sir William Osler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mossberg makes some of the finest "heavy duty" canoe paddles in the world,some of them will even shoot occasionally.

I don't know about thier rifles, but if I had to choose between a Mossberg shot gun and a sharpened stick for hunting,based on my experiance with Mossberg shotguns I would get my pocket knife and an oak branch.

thats just my .02 and thats exactly what it's worth

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
While I'm not suggesting what a lawyer might say is not exactly true..having spent the last 35 years in the company of em'...I want to see real evidence to support his allegation ..something more than some so called expert!

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm with friend Bob on this one.....100% Concur.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My Brother in Law just bought one of the damned things,he did not consult me first.

I am not a great fan of the tort system when used to punish buisness for honnest mistakes in order to enrich trial lawyers,but it appears there are legit safety and/or quality control issues here.

I'll tell you what I know,PM me your phone number and we'll talk.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Attorney_Holt
blow a user's face off.

Is this the medical term you plan on using in your trial?

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." T. Roosevelt
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stuff like this is exactly what the tort system was designed to correct. Otherwise, Mossberg might decide that one or two severe injuries a year was lower in cost that spending an extra 50 cents on a stronger pen in 50,000 rifles per year. Sort of like Remington did with that trigger they knew was defective in 1 percent of their rifles.

I stiff judgment or two against Mossberg will change the cost/benefit analysis for them and give them incentive to make the change in design. It is the free market at work.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Somehow I think there are probably ways for a real lawyer to find this information besides entering a poorly worded run-on sentence on an internet gun forum.

Would any of our testimony hold up in court? C'mon. "The guy with the Joker avatar says: Mossbergs suck!! lmao! you just got PWN3D!!"

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
371 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.