Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I did it today. Packed up the last of my stuff, left the note, and left behind 3 mostly awful years of marriage and a total of 7 years of being with the wife.

I had code-named the whole project Operation Valkyrie...It is going according to plan now. She needed to realize that you can't treat someone the way she's treated me, constantly, for the past three years and even before while we were dating (hey, I should have noticed it, but I was in love?) and expect them to keep crawling back for more.

I'm crashed in an undisclosed location now setting up base camp to begin the orderly transfer of power from the SS to the Home Guard.

She is dealing with it well from what I hear. I needed to give her time to go through a Socratic self-examination process because she was flipping out, sending me texts begging me to come back, threatening to kill herself, etc., not realizing that it was nonsense like that which was hurting our marriage in the first place.

Here's to the first day of the rest of my life. Things are looking better already. Wish me luck.

"And here...we...go!"

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some times ya just gotta do it. Good luck and don't backslide.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did it today. Packed up the last of my stuff, left the note, and left behind 3 mostly awful years of marriage and a total of 7 years of being with the wife.

I had code-named the whole project Operation Valkyrie...It is going according to plan now. She needed to realize that you can't treat someone the way she's treated me, constantly, for the past three years and even before while we were dating (hey, I should have noticed it, but I was in love?) and expect them to keep crawling back for more.

I'm crashed in an undisclosed location now setting up base camp to begin the orderly transfer of power from the SS to the Home Guard.

Glad your having a good laugh with it, I'm betting your wife is taking it a bit more seriously.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
now the FUN begins derek. IMHO, break all ties. let the lawyers do the talking. dont even think of reconciliation. that has not very good odds,and also nulls and voids previous precedeings. this road is going to get alot darker before it hits daylight. but daylight does come. just hope that your relocation is more than a hop, skip, and a jump away. to truly experience the best of breaking all ties, comes from being too far away to harass.
best of luck dude.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
On May 3rd of 1977 I put all I had from 9 years of marriage into a hundred dollar car I bought from a neighbor and headed west from St. Louis, MO. I stopped driving when I got to the Oregon Coast. I left while she was out seeing one of her many boyfriends. It was tough but I have not regretted it for a second. Life goes on and without the stress of a bad marriage life gets a whole lot better. Thirty years ago I remarried a wonderful lady who has more than made up for my nine years in hell. I have never been sorry I married number 2, not even for one second.

I wish you the best. Hang in there for the best is still in front of you.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
LIFE GETS BETTER EACH AND EVERY DAY,DON'T LOOK BACK.I've been HAPPILY MARRIED TO #4 GOING ON 27 YEARS.I can't remember the other 3's names.

B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks guys for the kind words. 2 days in and things are going well. She is complaining that she won't sign the papers until she gets "closure" but there is no possible way to make her see how she has treated me. Her journal, which I have a copy of, tells the full story. I wouldn't say some of the things she said about me, to a dog.

I'm far enough away right now that I can still do what I need to do but not be hassled. In the coming months I have a plan for getting a little farther away.

Reconciliation or going back are a non-issue. There was no plan B for staying married, here.

I have a few cards up my sleeve if she decides not to play nice.

I'm feeling better than I ever have. I realize now that when I talked to dad about getting a divorce two years ago, I should have done it right then -- not stuck it out and been miserable for 2 more years.

Some things have already happened which make me think God is smiling on this decision.

I know it's going to get rougher before it gets better but I am in it to win it. The stakes here aren't just marriage -- but my life -- do I want to live it as someone else thinks I should, or do I want to be happy and have what I've always wanted, which is someone who cares about ME, and whom I care about, and who isn't just trying to get me to buy them the next expensive toy or work two jobs so she can quit hers to have a kid.

Fingers crossed. Into the breach I go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really, no disrespect intended, but is there anything you think should be handled in private? Some things regarding family should just be handled with discretion, then talk about it later.

It's just my opinion and can't say my way is the right way, but damn, sit down with her and hammer it out one way or another, put your energy there instead of here. To you and her it is your lives, to us it's entertainment..

Good luck with it.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Besides which, anything posted here is findable and public, and if she wants to get VERY nasty, a little research here into your posts, and she's got some interesting ammunition in a divorce proceeding..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw her...Post away....
My soon to be ex is an evil bitch and I want the world to know....

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Really, no disrespect intended, but is there anything you think should be handled in private?

I actually think that he IS keeping the details private.

He said he had her journal, he didn't give a single word of what's in it.

If this is what it takes for Derek to clear his mind and "vent" a little, so be it. If it helps him cope, then that's his way. If it keeps him sane, so much the better.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I remember going through the same thing. Stress was off the scale. I would have liked a place to vent. He has not posted details or dirty laundry, just general info. I an willing to read and support the guy. I been there and survived.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
burner Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I am trying to be as discrete as possible while still being able to talk about it so I can blow off a bit of steam and get some positive reinforcement from people who have been there...

It's hard as hell on me, believe it. But it has to be.

I won't post more about it if it is a problem. Sorry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope to NEVER go through a divorce. If mine turned out to be a creepy crawly.....unfaithful....or otherwise nutcase....I would be heart broken. Can't even wrap my brain around doing all this again with another person. I'd just dance a single life with a plethera of critters....and make the best of it.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd suggest whiskey, hookers and strippers, in fact I'd pay.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Am thinkin' that if Ned strayed, he'd have a few fellas wantin' to "talk things over" with him.

Then again, if Ned strayed, he'd be about the dumbest SOB on the planet, and that he ain't.

Derek, all I'm saying is just be aware that this post, and the others you've had up discussing other things, are not invisible.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL....you WOULD<grin>!

-- Mark Twain

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Derek
I am trying to be as discrete as possible while still being able to talk about it so I can blow off a bit of steam and get some positive reinforcement from people who have been there...

It's hard as hell on me, believe it. But it has to be.

I won't post more about it if it is a problem. Sorry.

No, it's not a problem for me, but I know for your wife it has been hard dealing with your condition so maybe the fair thing would be to consider. She is your wife for now, why not show her the respect of handling the details with some honor instead of joking about it.

Just my opinion and I realize I'm out of order preaching my opinion on this. I've been there, I know there is another side to this story that won't be heard.

If you can honestly say that she didn't work hard to help you out, and didn't suffer through your problems, then blast away, but if she did hang with you and suffer through trying to help you out, then respect that, don't take it lightly and clown around with it....your call, only one here who knows for sure is you.

Again, my apologies for butting my nose in.

Mike

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hopefully it's a win/win situation.

sure some pain involved in dissolving a marriage, even a bad one.

you get a chance to live life according to your plan now and hopefully it'll let you find happiness.

she get's freed up from a guy that has evidently got lots on his mind besides her.

Can't see how you both won't be better off.

best of luck to both of you

hope it stays civil

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Sean. If he ever does....ya'll have to come peel me off the floor.....cuz it would shake the foundation of ANYthing that I truly believe in.

I feel for people that are going through nasty seperations, especially those that don't see it coming.

-- Mark Twain

--Mary Gauthier
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.