Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
The Wal-Mart store in Renton, Washington just got in a shipment of Federal 22 L.R. hollow-points and they are selling VERY briskly at $13.40 cents per 550 pack!
I bought up a bunch of them and even got to beat the Taxingtonians out of their 9% sales tax!
Many stores I shopped at on my just concluded whirlwind trip to the west coast were sold out of all rimfire bulk pack 22 amunitions!
Obama-itis has me storing and stocking up on ammo and components like a giant nervous Tree Squirrel hoarding nuts!
Anyway the price was good and they had been out of the ammo for more than two weeks so I stocked up.
Anyone interested should call their local Wal-Mart and if its in stock they will set it aside til you get there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Winchester 36 grain Lead HPs run about that price at our local Walmart for 500 bulk packages... we are not having any run on 22 ammo down this way....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the heads up. bought out our wally world today and grapped 400 rounds of shotgun ammo also. Good to have 22 on hand in great numbers.

Salmonhead
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just bought yesterday 3,000 rounds of Winchester 40 grain high velocity .22lr ammo from Sportsman's Warehouse for $17.99 a box of 500. Bought 200 rounds of Winchester .45ACP hollow point while I was at it. With The next paycheck I might buy some more of that Winchester .22lr ammo. Also plan to buy a couple of cases of 29 gauge for the up coming gopher wars.

Don't normally stock up like this by with everybody else suffering from Obamaitis I thought I'd better.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My local WM is "fresh out" of all bulk pack .22 LR ammo. Shelves were pretty bare of most CF hunting ammo as well. Figure Santa Claus purchased a great deal of it. No surprise.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Derby dude: Is that Winchester ammunition you bought hollow-point stuff?
Is it called Winchester Hollow-Point Power-Point by any chance?
The Wal-Mart I was at did not have anything but the brand new shipment of Federal bulk pack stuff.
I am into my second year with an extremely accurate Remington 40-X in 22 L.R. that just LOVES the ammo described as Winchester Hollow-Point Power Point - I am not sure what grain that ammo is.
I am low on it I do know that.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
VG- If we are talking about the same ammo, The Win PP HP is 40 grain bullet at a listed 1280 fps. I agree. The stuff shoots great in my .22 rf's, not too expensive, and kills ground squirrels well.

The last time I purchased any Win Power Points it was around $14 per 500. I haven't seen it around lately, so I'm glad I stocked up several years ago.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have several thousand of the Winchesters, but they do not hold a candle to the on target performance of the Federal Wal Mart Match!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Derby dude: Is that Winchester ammunition you bought hollow-point stuff?
Is it called Winchester Hollow-Point Power-Point by any chance?
The Wal-Mart I was at did not have anything but the brand new shipment of Federal bulk pack stuff.
I am into my second year with an extremely accurate Remington 40-X in 22 L.R. that just LOVES the ammo described as Winchester Hollow-Point Power Point - I am not sure what grain that ammo is.
I am low on it I do know that.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Doesn't look like it. It's Super X copper colored 40 grain no hollow point that I can see. It is high velocity though for whatever that means. It usually ejects well in my 10/22. Most cheap stuff doesn't except the Federal stuff.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 65 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.