Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
RSY Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I don't know about thier rifles, but if I had to choose between a Mossberg shot gun and a sharpened stick for hunting,based on my experiance with Mossberg shotguns I would get my pocket knife and an oak branch.

I am not a Mossberg owner, nor do I plan to be, but...the M590s we used when I was in the Marine Corps were hell-for-stout and very Marine-proof. I guarantee you the trials they put those weapons through before they put them out to us far exceed anything any of us will ever put a gun through.

Granted, I have no experience with their rifles or semi-auto shotguns, but negative diatribes against their pump guns are simply false. There are always bad individual units of any design, but as a class they are solid pieces.

Scott

GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hawkins
One has to ask how the pin gets broken. Overloaded handloads
could cause sticking. Not very long ago a guy was opening a
"stiff bolt" by putting the butt on the ground and stompin
with his boot. More background is needed before we make judgement.
Good luck!

Another cause might not be Mossberg's fault at all. Suppose someone disassembled the bolt and incorrectly reassembled it?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If Mossberg had an safety problem would not a "Recall" have been ordered???

Doc

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I said I based that statement on MY experience with them.the ones I had run ins with were made in the 70's and 80's.
my one friends gun we called "the amazing wondergun" because we had to wonder how many parts were going to fall off of it after he shot it.it was a pump.

I was trying to add some levity to what was starting to turn into an ugly scene.

I love that term "Marine Proof" which just means you needed more than the alotted time to break it.

oorah! Devil Dog! thanks for your service

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I have a brand new one in 270.I won it at a RMEF dinner and I've never taken it out of the box.Any one else out there with more info on this?Thanks

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have heard of this happening several times, have not seen pictures yet:

http://www5.usenet-articles.com/t_13063050751692381869_s_Exploded%2030-06.html

I would probably sell it, myself. Wasn't impressed with the quality of the ones I've handled at Gander Mtn. and elsewhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If people were injured by a bad product they deserve to be compensated. If they were not injured then Mossberg deserves the chance to defend its reputation. It is a basic foundation value underpinning the social compact.

Did this attourney find out much from this post that is relevent to his case? We probably won't ever know. But, are they dilligntly trying to help their client? I would say yes, and give them kudos for looking out for their clients interests.

The legal system is a far more appropriate place to determine matters of fact than an internet chat site.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a old bolt action 16 guage Mossberg and love the thing.Call it the warthog.Sorry to hear of people being hurt but, can't see anyone here giving you rope for the hanging.I won't be.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have owned a number of Mossberg products, all shotguns, and to a one I have found them robust, safe, and never failed to go BOOM when the button was pushed.

Never owned any of their rifles. Guess anybody can make a bad product, but I don't hear them kabooming all over the place, like, say, Glocks -- and I'm a Glock fan.

Derek

RSY Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Derek
I would probably sell it, myself. Wasn't impressed with the quality of the ones I've handled at Gander Mtn. and elsewhere.

I agree. If one needs a rifle in that price range, I think Savage leads the field with a proven, safe product.

Scott

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Savage 114 was a great rifle. I would second that opinion. Plus I think the Accu-trigger has the edge over most any factory trigger these days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I said I based that statement on MY experience with them.the ones I had run ins with were made in the 70's and 80's.
my one friends gun we called "the amazing wondergun" because we had to wonder how many parts were going to fall off of it after he shot it.it was a pump.

I was trying to add some levity to what was starting to turn into an ugly scene.

I love that term "Marine Proof" which just means you needed more than the alotted time to break it.

oorah! Devil Dog! thanks for your service

Your testimony doesnt amount to a hill of beans, I killed a boatload of ducks in Kansas with a Mossberg "Pump" as you call it, and not one piece ever fell off of it. Infact, I chose it because I tend to abuse my duck guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Attorney_Holt
A total of 3 men have suffered extensive injury from the Mossberg 100 ATR (which is a bolt action rifle). The assembly pin (sometimes referred to as the bolt head pin or retaining pin) is breaking. The gun will then fire when the locking lugs are not locked causing the gun to blow a user's face off. This happened to two of the men --and both were airlifted to a local trauma center, and the third has injuries to his hand. I am set for trial in April in Tampa Florida. Any information/input would be welcomed. Over the last two years I have learned alot but am always trying to understand all this a little better.

You have got alot of nerve to come into our website with your coat and tie and ask us to help you. I say get your lame a ss out of here, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I am with you AggieDog, I just don't think she wears a tie. Ambulance chasers suck a mean one.

Name : Holt Carolyn M Attorney

Address : 2202 North West Shore Boulevard Suite 200 Tampa FL

Zip/Postcode : 33607

Phone : (813)926-4866

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have no doubt that Mossbergs are junk...I've dealt with enough of them. However, I will not aid and abet an attempt to penalize the gun industry by mosquitoes. Mosquitoes have done enough damage to our industry and have given use horrible inventions such as the Remington J-lock and the Winchester Model 70 trigger redesign--a redesign that pushed a model back in time (a matter for a discussion of its own). I'll use a lawyer term in my conclusion: if we help on the downfall of Mossberg, who is to know whom is next? Remington, Kimber...this stuff works like a downhill slide.

Charles Fackler

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quote:if we help on the downfall of Mossberg, who is to know whom is next? Remington, Kimber...this stuff works like a downhill slide. UnQuote

Nuff Said, great statement, we stand for the right to keep and bear arms, and manufacure them also. As for Mossberg, they filled a much needed nitch. Bet they helped a boatload of young hunters join the ranks of us gun loving hunters, shooters.

Are you listening attorney girl? Stuff it.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Would you buy an ATR for your son or grandson?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Reminds me of a quote my grandfather said: "give 'em [sic] an inch...they'll take a mile."

I think Mossbergs are like the Kias of guns...but they need to be defended for the sake of the important gun manufacturers.

Charles Fackler

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the gun is in fact defective, Mossberg needs to compensate the injured parties.

We DON'T need to help some attorney in doing it, however.

My late dad practiced law for over 50 years and was the Nevada Chairman of the Board of Bar Examiners for twelve of those years.

He once told me that practicing law was simply:

"I'm the azzhole who takes money from the first azzhole and gives it to the third azzhole...and some sticks to my hands." In later life he had little regard for where "The Law" had gone. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Of course, of course. I wish they would do it themselves. I don't want the "heavy hitters" of today's world to wreck another gun company, even if they are shi^.

Charles Fackler

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.