Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
If the gun is in fact defective, Mossberg needs to compensate the injured parties.

And if they haven't already done so declare a recall.

There is obviously a design flaw.

I believe it was Beretta who drug their feet with the Sako barrel blow-ups. Screw Beretta IMO.

Extremely sleazy way to handle things.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
This is not about wether or not Mossberg screwed up. (Of course they did, it's written on the internet by a lawyer.) It is about an ambulance chaser trying to create fear and doubt about a product, and hoping to get a few more on board so she can make more money.It is obvious gun mfgs. are evil, so this could be the case of her life. The term "blew his face off" is very shocking yet non-descript. Kinda telling don't ya think?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I am getting tired of the excessive shortcuts manufacturers are taking these days. That's what done the Model 70 in and will do a lot more models in if quality control doesn't step it up.

Charles Fackler

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The key issue here is we don't have any background "facts", and to sit here and throw stones at Mossberg is ridiculous because you dont know if the rifle had been taken apart, or altered in any manner inconsistent with proper rifle maintenance.

Would I buy a Mossberg rifle, already have some. You are basing your comments on zero substantive facts of any reliance other than your biased opinion.

It's just like the Remington cases, the rifle should never have been aimed at anyone in the first place.

There is a place for low cost gun manufacturers, fact is, there are some that would never be able to afford to hunt were it not for companies like Mossberg.

I don't know you from adam, but I've shot too many Mossberg guns to have much interest in your biased opinion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't know I was in court Aggie,as for what I said not amounting to a hill of beans.
are you trying to tell me that I didn't actually witness the failure and poor quality of the shotguns in question?
mabey you just happened to get a good one,mabey my friends happened to get bad ones,but don't tell me I didn't see what I did see.
and yes they were pump action shotguns.is there another way you prefer to describe them?they were garbage and I would never buy one based on MY experience.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Would you buy an ATR for your son or grandson?

Exactly!! I have never understood why, we as shooters, Dad's & hunters will have the best rifles money can buy and then go buy our children a cheaper entry level firearm that we would not dare choose for ourselves.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Anybody notice the author of this thread has not posted in it again ??

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Some of you fellas that think Mossberg could not have made such a POS must have missed this thread from a few weeks ago.......

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2630486/page/0/fpart/1

RSY Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Anybody notice the author of this thread has not posted in it again ??

Of course, not. She's thrown corn on the road and is just watching the animals come out to eat, waiting for one to slip up.

That said, after looking at the thread referenced above, it's obvious to me that Mossberg shouldn't be in the bolt-action rifle business.

Scott

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not all gun companies are good for the Second... Certainly S&W, Ruger and Colt did some ugly stuff to gun owners. I still resent Bill Ruger's actions tremendously.

Mossberg, by building junk that hurts people by poor design and construction, should be hammered for what they are doing. They know more about the problem than we do and are not doing anything about it.

I see a huge difference between cities suing gun manufacturers because they say guns are causing crime and injured parties suing for plastic surgery restitution... and more.

Has Mossberg earned any special consideration? Not to my way of thinking.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I said it before and I'll say it again. Lawsuits are the free market at work. Let Mossberg get hammered on a judgment or two and they will find it cost effective to fix their faulty design.

Let them do it on their own, and they may decide that the fact that .001 percent of all shooters who buy their POS will have said POS take a face off is an acceptable risk.

I mean really, they have been designing safe and effective bolt action firearms for about 120 years. It really isn't that hard to do. The possibility that any firearm operated with ordinary care could fail to engage the lug and have a bolt come back in your face is completely unacceptable.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304405

"The bolt design is just like the Savage...a pin holds the bolt head on to the bolt body so that the locking lugs can bear evenly aiding accuracy. But if the pin should break than the bolt head could spin freeeeeely inside the bolt body and not fully lock into the locking lugs the rifle could still fire...The Mossberg rifles aren't the only ones with that design."

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Which just goes to further indict Mossberg. Savage has been making a very similar design for 40 years or so without these kinds of problems. Obviously, Mossberg is getting something wrong.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/354/RipOff0354635.htm

Some more research into the background of the claim.

Charles Fackler

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I agree free market at work. If the design or faulty manufacture is a risk, a judgement against the company will strongly encourage it to do better quality control or manufacture. Guns made today aren't necessarily manufactured with the same quality parts or quality control as those made 20 years ago. I've heard this mentioned by a few here. I find it sad that an attorney trying to find the facts for his/her client is treated so poorly by folks here, simply because a gun company may or may not bear some liability. If I had a traumatic accident possibly caused by some company's negligence, I would want such an attorney to go to bat for me or my loved ones. I'll bet many here would feel the same way. But then, that would imply that some folks are hypocritical, wouldn't it? Imagine that... What goes around comes around.

Last edited by bearmgc; 12/31/08.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bought a mossberg 800 I beleive in 243 from Speigals. it was deleivered to my door .I put a scope on it and sighted it in then went hunting and took a nice buck. it was my only rifle as I was a poor soilder and had to use it for anything I hunted.the deer diden't relize it was a cheap rifle with an under powered cartridge. and took them for many years most all one shot kills with ammo I reloaded with a Lee hand loader. I had to make sure I used the same cases as it only resized the neck.
1.Lee Loader
2.1 lb of powder
3.1 box hornedy bullets
4.1 box remington primers.

It's a wonder I ever got anything. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You find it sad that an attorney is treated poorly hear? Hello, I ve been in several lawsuits and I would nt give you ten cents for an attorney, and Ive several in my family.

What amazes me is all of you indicting Mossberg when you don't even know the facts. That is stupidity. And Art, I beg your pardon, Mossberg has done more over the years to provide lower priced arms that has helped an enormous amount of young hunters get into our sport. They don't make spit and polish like perhaps you were raised on (silver spoon intended), but I call BS on anyone to indict a company before all the facts are on the table. Isn't that what our legal system in America is all about?
You are innocent until proven guilty. Or are you a limey?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I didn't know I was in court Aggie,as for what I said not amounting to a hill of beans.
are you trying to tell me that I didn't actually witness the failure and poor quality of the shotguns in question?
mabey you just happened to get a good one,mabey my friends happened to get bad ones,but don't tell me I didn't see what I did see.
and yes they were pump action shotguns.is there another way you prefer to describe them?they were garbage and I would never buy one based on MY experience.

I know what my mossberg did for me, I doubt you really ever shot one. And no, I dont respect any of you here who jumped all over this stupid thread before the case has gone to court.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ye doth protest too much.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I learned how to shoot with an old Mosserg .22 rimfire. Solid, accurate rifle that took hundreds of starlings, gophers and the occasional nasty tomcat. I wouldn't trade that ugly old rifle for anything.

On the other hand the recent built ATR model appears to be a supreme piece of chit. It's really a shame but is what it is.

I personally wouldn't shoot one, would you?

That right there outta tell you something.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 75 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.