-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never said I wanted one, but my point is real simple, let's let it go to court and see what the results are.

I am just a little suspicious when something happens to a gun "WHILE HANDING IT TO SOMEONE ELSE"

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never said you wanted one either. Just asked if you'd shoot one.

This appears to be a serious issue with nasty consequences to unsuspecting shooters. I really hope Mosserg has sent out recall notices.

My father was severly injured a few years ago by a defective piece of farm machinery so I get a little riled up about this kind of crap.
(And no, he didn't sue...).

Last edited by SamOlson; 12/31/08.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My guess would be a batch of badly hardened pins or much too soft.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I read(on the interenet)that, that was the case.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm just curious: for all the attorney haters out there - if you got seriously injured by a supposedly defective product, or got sued, who would you call to represent you in court: your car mechanic, your gunsmith, or someone else?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AggieDog
Please do not get upset if I fail to apologize for where or how I was raised. My first two shotguns were High Standard and Mossberg.

But let's get to the "good" Mossberg is doing for hunters... There is a certain POS named Buck McNeeley with a show backed by Mossberg. Buck stands in one edition of the show talking (strutting really) to the camera and twirling the barrel of his Mossberg shotgun into the concrete slab of a trap range.

I wrote Mossberg suggesting their backing might do more good elsewhere. Mossberg never responded. I referenced several acts over the course of several shows.

Shortly thereafter Buck was popped for shooting caribou on the same day he flew (landing and shooting caribou spotted from the air actually) and he pled guilty in Fed court on a Lacey Act violation. Among the many conditions of his sentence were a requirement to make some public service announcements about it being a good idea to follow laws and no hunting in the US for a few years. He never answered to AK charges.

When I wrote to Mossberg a second time they failed to respond again.

I will not order Mossberg for folks on my FFL. I will not own or use Mossberg myself. Mossberg going under would not bother me in the slightest. I do not consider their efforts a Public Service.

If there is a problem causing injuries to shooters I believe they deserve to sue Mossberg and let the courts decide what should be done. Knowing Mossberg standards, I have every reason to believe people have been hurt because of Mossberg. But I am not on the jury.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Would you buy an ATR for your son or grandson?

..... and if they got hurt from a defective firearm, wouldn't just about everyone here be looking for a lawyer?

If it's defective and a safety concern to the public, turn the lawyers loose, no mattert what company or product it is.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Has anyone considered contacting Mossberg and letting them know what kind of chickenskit garbage this "AttorneyHolt" is pulling?

I have a feeling they may be interested to know.

Some people try to leave a positive mark on this world, she will just leave a stain.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Auto Accidents
Medical Malpractice
Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect
Wrongful Death
Admitted in Florida, Maryland and Washington, DC.

I will personally provide
you with prompt aggressive
representation

Carolyn M. Holt
Attorney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-866-LADY-LAW Toll Free

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Look, everyone lay off the attorney. She isn't on here looking for information. I'll bet in year or so she has been on this case she has learned more about that rifle than anyone on this board could possibly know. She could probably draw you the specs from memory.

What she is really doing is beating the bushes for clients. She is hoping someone will say, "Hey, I know someone who got hurt with one of those..." and that the person will contact her. Judge her for that if you want, but everybody has to eat.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have a hard time believing these pins shear when shooting factory ammo. I know guys that start at max in the reloading manual and work up from there, stopping when they have to pound their bolt open with their boot heal and a primer falls in the magazine well. Usually the bolt handle breaks off or rotates on the body(M70).
But maybe the 100's are bad. Time will tell, but a non shooting attorney should be aware and acknowledge that owner abuse can cause such problems before crucifying Mossberg.
dan

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
obviously she is trolling for customers, but it is not any of my business. If your missing the right side of your face from a mossberg I would think that you already have an attorney. On the other hand this post was a public service announcement for me, because if someone at the range asks for my help to sight in a rifle I will look carefully at the brand (among other things) before I agee to help. Sadly many first time and younger hunters or dads looking for an inexpensive rifle to start their children with might consider this gun. My own experience was a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun that ejected 2-3 shells from the bottom when you pumped it to load the chamber, gun gone in 24 hours and replaced with an 870 which I still have today.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-flmdce/case_no-8:2007cv00262/case_id-190822/

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
For a number of reasons I do not consider Mossberg a company worth protecting. I refuse to have anything to do with them and will not order them for folks under any circumstances. Unresponsive and reckless would be two fair descriptions of their business policy...

Wow, and this from a guy that defended the abysmal Rem 700 trigger to the last breathe. The above could well have described Remington's actions for decades, until they finally gathered some integrity and re-designed their trigger group.

But it took multiple lawsuits to make that happen...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RSY
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I don't know about thier rifles, but if I had to choose between a Mossberg shot gun and a sharpened stick for hunting,based on my experiance with Mossberg shotguns I would get my pocket knife and an oak branch.

I am not a Mossberg owner, nor do I plan to be, but...the M590s we used when I was in the Marine Corps were hell-for-stout and very Marine-proof. I guarantee you the trials they put those weapons through before they put them out to us far exceed anything any of us will ever put a gun through.

Granted, I have no experience with their rifles or semi-auto shotguns, but negative diatribes against their pump guns are simply false. There are always bad individual units of any design, but as a class they are solid pieces.

Scott

I was in the Navy and we used Mossberg shotguns for watches and they were shot quite a bit during quals and practice. They seemed to be fine. I wonder if they sell a better gun to the military? I bought a new 835 few years back and it was junk wouldn't shoot half the time. Mossberg should have replaced it, but instead chose to do nothing! I traded it on an 870 and tried to salvage the rest of my duck and goose season after wasting most of it on that junk Mossberg! I'll take the sharp stick!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Would you buy an ATR for your son or grandson?

Good question Sam. I would not. I would like to know if Mossberg is addressing this potentially deadly problem and if not, why not?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sure hope they are. Catching a bolt in the cheek is very serious business.

This might sound a little extreme but after reading about the Mossberg disaster I personally will never buy a centerfire rifle with a two piece bolt.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Has anyone considered contacting Mossberg and letting them know what kind of chickenskit garbage this "AttorneyHolt" is pulling?

I have a feeling they may be interested to know.

Some people try to leave a positive mark on this world, she will just leave a stain.

So if you think it should be done, are YOU going to do it, or are you just blowing smoke?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brad
Why start the New Year with an idiot mark on your forehead? The sheer number of 700 triggers so far exceeds Mossberg's total production of firearms there is no comparison.

The woman shooting her son through the horse trailer is your best case and extremely weak. Remington negotiated a settlement; businesses manage risk that way.

Mossberg has built rifles for exactly how long? They imported the Howa in the late '80s but that was clearly too perfect for them. They have very little experience building rifles and very few on the market and they have more lawsuits against them than the Walker trigger with exposure in the millions of examples.

Shooting a Mossberg is the risky part, not waiting for someone to have an incredibly rare "failure" after someone Bubbas the trigger or forgets every basic safety tenet... Sheesh!

Happy New Year anyway!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Let's see, a troll who identifies himself as "Attorney Holt" appears on the Campfire. He has a total of TWO posts.

This thread alone has had 1588 hits and 78 responses.

Methinks that this is a "tempest in a teapot."

Personally, I believe that Attorney Holt is not what he says he is; heck, he cannot even spell. He is without a doubt a bored kid who likes to turn gunny folks upon each other. We need none of that.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (Akpilot, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 1,629 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.