Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
I'm not one to generally call for new "laws" but were I in charge companies that leave America for cheap labor would sell their products anywhere they want EXCEPT America. Some way or another they'd be barred.

Companies who leave America for cheap labor overseas should not be blamed for following the market: instead, the State should be blamed for distorting the market to such a degree that such companies are chased away.

Advocates of liberty should never be caught calling for increased taxes, on anybody, for any reason.

And NAFTA and other such would disappear immediately.

Sure. It's anything but real free trade.

It amazes me we support, bailout and rebuild everything and anything on the planet excetp ourselves.

How would "we" (I assume you mean the State) go about bailing out "ourselves" (I assume you mean the people)? Have the State extort more money than usual from us and then give the additional amount right back to us? Doesn't make sense. The only sensible way for the State to "bail us out" would be for it to extort less (or no!) money from us in the first place. (Note that this is not at all what Obama's "tax cuts" are about.)

US government needs overthrown and that's all there is to it. They're doing this deliberately.

You'll have to count me out on that. Anybody who overthrows the US government will be much too powerful for my taste, and will probably replace it with something just as appalling and most likely more so.

I think the US government needs to be rendered irrelevant, preferably by stages.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear of your predicament. Wishing you the best. I'll put in a good word for you with the man upstairs.

Weiners are health food - My dad
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hindsite
The tip of the iceberg we have not seen and unfortunately it is not even within sight yet. My wife who has worked in textiles for over 20 years is fearing the same fate. As a management level employee and one of the highest paid in her plant she is very nervous.........Yesterday they were told that the company needed to cut 30% of it's existing work force, this is after cutting out one complete shift just three weeks a ago. I hate to say it but I don't see them making it until summer.

We are entering unchartered waters and I don't believe anyone has a fix for it.

I know many may disagree............but.........the second depression is within sight!

I'm afraid your'e right, but remember, many prospered during the great depression. In a time when people can't afford "extras", only basic, cost efficient and absolutely necessary jobs survive.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a commercial real estate appraiser, and while I haven't seen a lot of work from businesses going dark, it looks like it may be coming....

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They told us (Honeywell) we have one week to three years until we lose our jobs to Mexico. They also told us that you will train the Mexicans and be nice about it or you won�t like your job when you get back from Mexico.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will be praying for you.....

buy silver and gold my friend......

skywalker

E
ehunter Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks every one today is my first offical day of not working and the sun still came up. We will be alright for awhile and I am going to use this time think about what I want to do for the next 15 years. I may go back to school or look at busines options. I am lucky my kids are on their own so we only have to look for the 2 of us and the dogs. My girl friend seems to have a good stable job for now so we will see.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I've been with the same company for 11 years. Lately I work a week...get laid off a week...work a week...get laid off a week. It's not a bad as being laid off for longer periods of time...that may be coming though.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
ehunter,

Prayers and best wishes. As said above, this too will pass.

Chuck

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Hindsite
The tip of the iceberg we have not seen and unfortunately it is not even within sight yet. My wife who has worked in textiles for over 20 years is fearing the same fate. As a management level employee and one of the highest paid in her plant she is very nervous.........Yesterday they were told that the company needed to cut 30% of it's existing work force, this is after cutting out one complete shift just three weeks a ago. I hate to say it but I don't see them making it until summer.

We are entering unchartered waters and I don't believe anyone has a fix for it.

I know many may disagree............but.........the second depression is within sight!

I'm afraid you're right, but remember, many prospered during the great depression. In a time when people can't afford "extras", only basic, cost efficient and absolutely necessary jobs survive.

That hits close to home in that I sell hunts which are not a necessity.....My wife may not be the only one with employment issues in the near future!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.