Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 148 of 1,842 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That picture sucks,the lighting and background it has doesn't do the justice it should.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He axed what it was ... not for the swimsuit edition ...

GE

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool.

Much nicer than pictures of Big Drift.

I almost feel retarded for asking that question. Now that the answer is so obvious. laugh

Nice looking gun.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So den ver is der famous PH Norden Dave, ve needs to know abut hunting dem der porkiepines ya doncha know.

Mebbe den ve kan git 4ster to pay bounty on dem pesky critters and da Mrs. Northern Dave aka Pam, can get herself a new hottub at da concession "Chickenbuck".

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Doods.... I've been in meetings all day forced to use my brain & stuff.... I'm fried, ready to go home..

seriously tho, I don't know the first thing about facebook.

or concessions or porky pines...

ok i might know a little bit about porky pines but not a whole bunch.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ND:

Spend a couple hours in the "Africa" forums. The parody will NOT be lost on you!

GE

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I could tell funny porkypine stories.

colorado porkys.

but it has to be told in person, preferrably with plenty of cold beer & a bonfire setting helps, or around the beer table at the chickenbuck.

I'm going home now.

Have a good weekend amigos.

Lord Chickenbuck out.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by big drift
Northern Dave's northern concessions, has a ring to it:)

Just add sundowners consisting of the high life some porky's on the pit aaaahh yes, although with the swamp squid, flying bears and the viscus leopard squirrel I am thinking ya might wanna load up on some solids as well.

So what would you all recommend for those porksters, CRF, push feed? QD mounts in case they charge (like the skunk from sherpulars ND foray)? Back up rifles?

Thanks guys for the thoughts it was a long night but best for the pup and the kids in the long run.

Has to be a classic double rifle in 416 Rigby at the minimum. a 450 Nitro or 505 Gibbs would also surfice.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Gaviidae_Esq
Right ND.

BTW ... the office just went for 'cue without you.

Oh BD and I were specurlating on going on safari this spring with the Husky Colonel and some 158 JHP loads.

Does Camp Chickenbuck have a porcupine concession? If so what are the quotas and trophy fees? Is a PH required and how much beer is required for trackers?

Can I book direct or do I need to PM JJHack?

Regards,

GE

i'm so lost...

I'm game for a camp chickenbuck porky-pine hunt, with what ever you feel like bringing. grin

but i don't know what a PH is (is that me? and if so do I need to train for it?)

And who's JJHack?

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lord Chickenbuck....good one.I laughed and sprayed hot tea on my keyboard.
PH=Professional hunter??

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Never heard of JJHack either. According to Google he's an outdoor writer and professional hunter (Africa) more commonly refered to as a "PH"

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm learning....

thanks guys!!

grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Northern Dave, something is amiss here. After reading the last few pages of this thread it has become clear to me that serious, perhaps even potentially fatal, cabin fever has beset many of the Chickenbuck posters. Why, even a "Youper" has evidently crossed into Minnesota, possibly on an ice bridge, to wander among us. (Call Al Gore, tell him that the globe isn't warm in Minn.!)

I fear there is only one thing that will save these poor souls who are lost in the vast wastelands of their cranial regions, and you, Northern Dave, are the only one who can supply this relief.

You must immediately start a construction project. Where isn't important; nor is what will be built. The only imperitives are the inclusion of as many power tools as possible, especially those making large amounts of noise. I would suggest saws, including circular, table and chain; multiple air-powered nailing guns, preferably framing nailers; lots of fragrant wood for cutting. (Come to think of it, a sauna/hot tub combo at Camp Chickenbuck, made with red cedar, would be perfect.)

The detailed word pictures as you describe the progress of the project will allow these lost souls to hear the din of the tools, smell the elixir of the cedar and see with their mind's eye the rise of this temple of sweat from the lichen of the boreal forest floor. This focus on manly outdoor activity is their only hope!

Oh no, strange men in lab coats are coming up the front steps. Their coming to take me away, HAHA. Their coming to take me away, HOHO, HEHE, HAHA, to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be ready to see those nice young men in their clean white coats....Hurry Dave, only you can save them....us....all.... from the madness!

(And you thought March Madness was a basketball tournament!)

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
As it is written, it shall be so.

Hold my beer & watch this....... grin

Patience....

I will provide loud pictures soon.

grin

adventure is straight ahead... this way....

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dr Demento is alive and well in Pennsylvania, Ha Ha, Ho Ho Hee Hee!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok i'll post a photo update.

Here's our youngest tearing it up on an old actic cat "kitty cat" that a friend of ours borrowed to him.

[Linked Image]

here are a few pictures from last weekend.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You had to be here to appreciate this, laughing so hard he was crying, it was hilarious.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam127.jpg[/img]

And here's me & the little guy this morning, he finally got a chance to shoot his red rider.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam130.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam134.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam141.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/davecam138.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
First time shooting his new Red Ryder and I got to be there in pictures.Thank you,Dave.That did me good.

Stan

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great pics of Clan Chickenbuck!

Dibs on the guy with the Red Ryder to back up the Husky Colonel on Porkie Safari!

GE

P.S. N.D. u still be M.N. ...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great pics Dave. Got a call from my grandson last weekend. He was excited as hell. "Papa Bill, I got real bullets for my gun and I get to shoot it!"

Translation...dad bought BB's for his Red Ryder and they were on they're way to the back country to shot. Haven't talked to them yet to find out how it went.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dude...4th picture down, Is that a 30 pack of Natty Ice? I gotta party with you guys. grin

I'm guessing Preacher was "smiling like heck" this morning, running through a mag of bb's. Pretty nice here today, 49*. Got the truck washed, cooked salmon on the grill, even ran my fat azz 3 miles today. Pile in some work in the basement and wathcing the Wild on the tube right now...I've had a full day.

GE & BD, I don't know if it the fact that I'm waist deep in whiskey Old Fashions or what, but you guys crack me up. And what the hell is facebook.

T

Camp is where you make it.
Page 148 of 1,842 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.