Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Greetings Africa buff friends.

A friend and safari client of mine bought this hunt at last years local SCI dinner and now has heart trouble that will keep him from going. Whoever buys this will have to move kind of fast as the trip is to be conducted this June. A great time to hunt plains game in South Africa. I do not know much about Steyn Caracal Safris. I have never hunted with them or booked a hunt for them. I am just passing along this info for a buddy who has run into a bit of misfortune and see if I can help someone here take his kids or family on a great adventure. Let me know if interested. Below is the hunt offer info sent directly from Steyn Safari's to our chapter for auctioning off, which we did. MARK

2009 PLAINS GAME DONATION
PREPARED EXCLUSIVELY FOR SAFARI CLUB INTERNATIONAL CHAPTERS

Dear Columbia Basin Chapter:

As a fellow SCI member, I would like to offer your chapter an incredible 100% donation for a 10 days Plains Game hunt for 4 hunters in South Africa for the 2009 season. Abie Steyn, Charl Watts, and Paul Steyn of Steyn Caracal Safaris generously donate some of the finest South African Plains Game hunts to Safari Club International Chapters year after year. Steyn Caracal Safaris has graciously donated this 10 day Plains Game hunt for 4 hunters with all daily rates for each hunter included in the donation. The hunters only pay for the particular species of animal that is harvested.

This is a 100% donation to your chapter and can be used in any manner that you wish--as a live auction item, door prize, raffle, etc. The value of this 100% donation is $4,850.00 per hunter, for a total value of $19,400.00.

Steyn Caracal Safaris provides a donation to the North Texas Chapter of SCI every year, which has proven extremely successful in our fundraising efforts at our annual banquets. I have personally hunted plains game, as well as, dangerous game with Abie Steyn and Steyn Caracal Safaris each year for the last five years. Steyn Caracal Safaris operates one of the finest Safari operations hunting in South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Namibia. In 2005, Abie Steyn had the opportunity to hunt with Craig Boddington and is featured in his video, Boddington on Leopard. It is truly one of the most exciting features on the video with Abie and Craig Boddington encountering a charging leopard.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Check and compare the published trophy fees (which you will pay) of Steyn Caracal Safaris with that of other safari purveyors.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I understand your desire to help. I just finished with our SCI chapter banquet last night & we do not allow a successful bidder to sell trips to another party. I would be led to believe that the board of the chapter involved would probably wave this clause, if it existed, under the circumstances. Many misunderstandings have existed on donated hunts with law suites resulting. Our chapter has never had a serious problem but we are extremely careful with what hunts we sell & the legal language involved. Just last year a new SCI chapter member threatened to sue everyone on our board & create a stir with the IRS over an outfitter that was allegedly charging to much for additional trophies. Just a suggestion to prevent any possible problems later. Good luck.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the heads up, the President of our local chapter is informed of the hunt transfer need. I have seen this done before succesfully but will be cautious. We did not put a clause of this type on this or any hunt to date but we will look into doing so. Insight appreciated, MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've hunted with Abie twice (once in RSA and once in ZIM). He is absolutely honest and hardworking. I will gladly vouch for him.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 58 invisible), 3,353 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.