-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 143 of 173 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 172 173
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I had pic's for ya'all from the last two days (wifey had the camera at the girls O-Mok-see)

I never seen fishing like that up the North Fork. I had two 100+ fish days back to back (which is slow for the conditions and hatches.....) Except, I landed at least 30 Footballs. I caught one Cut just above the Northern Flats that was 2' and 3+ Lbs.

I layed into a Rainbow that was bigger... Except I was using my 4 weight with 3X tippet. He came up and broke water (nice little tail dance), and then took all my schitt frown That poor St Croix, I've had that bastid almost doubled over 3 times this weekend.

I'm going to have to try out your Winston one of these days, Whip. You'll never see me running that overpriced SAGE crap they call a rod.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dan...two things...
1. I am glad you didn't let this grand old thread die...
I get to go fishing...just me and Ingwedog on Weds! It kicks off my season!
2.YOU SUCK! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Dude . . . .
Post your load . . . . grin

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dan,
You must have had a terrible time. I've never hit it over 100 fish on the NF, and certainly not a cuttie of that size. Way to go.

Oh yeah............YOU SUCK.

Calling a Sage crap is the first step in getting your mitts on my rod.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whip

You NW guys are downright freaky!

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Yeah...that didn't sound "appropriate".... wink
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
143 pages????

can someone send the clif notes?

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yeah...that didn't sound "appropriate".... wink
Ingwe

Oh my.... Whip, I think you gave 'em another 10 pages at least... It would have been better to say I could get my hands on your POLE. No way could there be any sexual inuendo in THAT statement laugh Everybody knows that when you say pole, you're talking about a fly-rod laugh laugh

Not to change the subject, but, is it only me or do Cutts seem to like peacock herl. It must look like food or something. I've just noticed that over the years... Flies tied with peacock herl just seem to be more consistant producers up there on Cutties. I caught the big toad on a Zug Bug beadhead and a Thingamabobber set about halfway up an 8' leader. I need a beefier set-up for tossing that much junk in the water.

I'm Irish...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Change of subject probably good right now...
No, its not just you, Ive noticed Cutts like things a little more garish than other trout...Ive even caufght them at heavily fished Buffalo Ford in Yellowstone on Mylar Minnow streamers....
They just aren't awful selective at times...which is why they were the first specie to get fished out, I'm guessin'...
Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My, you're up early.. Or late??

You're probably right about that. Cutties can be a little on the dumb side. They aren't too picky about presentation either (Rainbows sure as hell are)

Well, I'm off to bed. I have to get up at the butt-crack of Noon later today if I want to get to the range laugh

I'm Irish...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Up Early....got a wind storm going on, trees scraping against the house ( too lazy to trim) so I can't sleep...gonna try the range thing myself this afternoon...
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Figured that would get a rise out of somebody...............pun there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Whip; I'm taking the 6 ft. 3 wt. out on a Brookie Creek tommorow! Might get a couple 12 inch Monsters! laugh
Ingwe

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
143 pages????

can someone send the clif notes?

Well, shee-it... here's my Clif note version:

OP asks if there's much difference twixt the two cartridges.

Me and bunch of other guys say there ain't enough difference to get horned up over.

A dude called TryMe (Big Stick) DOES get all horned up over what amounts to ballistic minutia gack, and myself and others followed him down that dark path. smile

Then we had limericks. That was fun. For me anyways. Gotta love a little drinkin' and limerickin'.

Then TryMe got all squirrely about providing details about the 7mm-08 load he was pimpin' as the .308-beater. That was eyebrow-raising for some of us since his claimed velocity was WAY over what any load manual says is possible for that powder (2700 fps with 162-gn AMAX's and RL15 from a 22" factory barrel).

Then TryMe left or got booted. Too bad, so sad, on full moon nights you can still hear his cry...

Then a bunch of people spent about a month taking shots at me in order to try and sugercoat the fact that TryMe got his butt whipped fair and square.

Then, just when it seemed dead and done, Sitka Deer had to get all pissy about how I mount my scopes. Some mayhem ensued.

Then the thread was mercifully hijacked by the present company of gentlemen mostly from Montana, who continue to impress me with their general good nature and civility. Must be the water over there.

Now, 1akhunter, if you'd like to see if what I posted above is a fair assessment you'll just have to go read the thread for yourself! crazy

Oh yeah- just for form's sake: TryMe, post your load!

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can, at the very least, admire your "never say die" attitude. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Tenacity is also a trait of toilet paper clinging to a shoe sole......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
*LOL* Tears in me eyes mate.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Then the thread was mercifully hijacked by the present company of gentlemen mostly from Montana, who continue to impress me with their general good nature and civility. Must be the water over there.

Didn't think anybody but us Montana boys were even lookin'...
General good nature and civility.....Thanks for noticing...
Gentlemen.....not so much... laugh !!!
Ingwe

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just sniffed out the boss's jug of fine Dutch potato water.

Tried to hide it in the freezer. First place I looked!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have fun with the three wt Ingwe...sounds like a grand time. Been musing awful hard over adding a 7 1/2 or 8' three wt to the quiver, as it really is the rod of choice for small stream/creek fishing.

Sam got me to thinkin' I've got some of that frozen potato water myself in the freezer......sounds like a good way to finish the day, maybe with a little lime squoze on for good measure.

Page 143 of 173 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 172 173

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.