-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it�s time to go OWB, and the two best OWB holster I know of are the Milt Sparks NLG and Mitch Rosen UPL (upper limit), which they make in the express line. Both keep it nice and tight to the body and don�t let too much holster stick down, making for easier concealment.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I haven't tried one yet, but the Raven Concelament Phantom gets high marks from a lot of people for an OWB that really hugs the body and conceals well.

Raven Phantom

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jds44; 03/26/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Altering either of those conditions throws the system out of whack, i.e,. failure to exercise daily, and a diet containing refined starches to any significant degree, is like putting sugar in a car's gas tank.

Just a point of info........putting sugar in a gas tank won't do anything but plug the fuel system..........so, unless the stuff you listed in your post causes constipation, you might need a different analogy....... grin

Cancer Sucks
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Altering either of those conditions throws the system out of whack, i.e,. failure to exercise daily, and a diet containing refined starches to any significant degree, is like putting sugar in a car's gas tank.

Just a point of info........putting sugar in a gas tank won't do anything but plug the fuel system..........so, unless the stuff you listed in your post causes constipation, you might need a different analogy....... grin
Ok, you're taking this way too literally. smile

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You might try carrying it IWB w/o a holster. That's what I've done with large autos for years.
The advantages are that you can carry them butt to front, canting them back to fit the hollow over your hip, FBI style with the butt to the rear and canted forward, or, if they become troublesome, you can switch them over to the off side carry. You can even shift their position slightly w/o even taking the gun out if they are uncomfortable. Lots of good things about IWB carry w/o a holster.
If you carry them on the off side, they are a little more awkward to get to with the strong hand, but not that hard. Particularly if it's carried butt forward and canted to the rear.
I've carried full sized 1911's that way for many years. BHP's work even better and are lighter.
Yes, you need to do some exercising. But before you do that, you should have that back condition checked by your doctor and you'd probably need to work up to exercising slowly after some sort of physical therapy.
Refined carbohydrates are no longer considered undesirable foods. That's because the Glycimic Index upon which this belief was based is now been proven to be faulty. E

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I often carry a Smith J Frame in a Sam Andrews Pocket Holster. I have never felt under gunned when carrying a .38 Special, but the J frame is, as you well know, available in .357 also.

Eremicus, Mexican carry has many drawbacks, and few benefits. Wait until your .45 ACP falls down your pants leg. smile

Who was that football player recently that was carrying like that in a NYC Bar, and shot himself when the gun went south and he grabbed for it?

Last edited by Mannlicher; 03/27/09.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Eremicus
You might try carrying it IWB w/o a holster. That's what I've done with large autos for years.
The advantages are that you can carry them butt to front, canting them back to fit the hollow over your hip, FBI style with the butt to the rear and canted forward, or, if they become troublesome, you can switch them over to the off side carry. You can even shift their position slightly w/o even taking the gun out if they are uncomfortable. Lots of good things about IWB carry w/o a holster.
If you carry them on the off side, they are a little more awkward to get to with the strong hand, but not that hard. Particularly if it's carried butt forward and canted to the rear.
I've carried full sized 1911's that way for many years. BHP's work even better and are lighter.
Yes, you need to do some exercising. But before you do that, you should have that back condition checked by your doctor and you'd probably need to work up to exercising slowly after some sort of physical therapy.
Refined carbohydrates are no longer considered undesirable foods. That's because the Glycimic Index upon which this belief was based is now been proven to be faulty. E
I will admit to carrying Mex style for a couple of years in the early 1990s. Works fine, but occasionally you do something like pull your under shirt out and the gun falls out. Also, it wouldn't stay put if you went to the ground in a fight, or just fell for some reason, and running probably doesn't work too well with a gun carried that way.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Eremicus
It's cutting edge science.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If your willing to try a lighter carry piece, a good paddle holster can be very comfortable and still conceal easily under a suit coat. For leather, take a look at the Kramer MSP. Kydex, look at Comp-Tac. I prefer their settable cant paddle because it rides high and a bit tight. A good paddle design can be very comfortable because it distributes the load over a wide area on the hip and reduces pull on the belt.

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Who was that football player recently that was carrying like that in a NYC Bar, and shot himself when the gun went south and he grabbed for it?

Plaxico Burress.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by nyagwai
If your willing to try a lighter carry piece, a good paddle holster can be very comfortable and still conceal easily under a suit coat. For leather, take a look at the Kramer MSP. Kydex, look at Comp-Tac. I prefer their settable cant paddle because it rides high and a bit tight. A good paddle design can be very comfortable because it distributes the load over a wide area on the hip and reduces pull on the belt.

Tried the C-TAC. Couldn't stand it.

Much appreciate the thoughts, though.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i wear my airweight bodyguard three ways, ankle, pocket, and just stuffed in my pants.

i've been an ankle promoted a long time. it'll give your hip a break.

FJB
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Tried the C-TAC. Couldn't stand it.

Much appreciate the thoughts, though.

That makes two of us. The C-Tac is an IWB. These are the 2 holsters I was refering to.

http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=17&categoryID=25

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=55

The Kramer MSP is one of the best leather paddle designs available and very comfortable. The Comp-Tac settable cant is available with the paddle option. I have 2 of these and they are also a great design.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a ruptured disc in my lower back, and it "flares up" from time to time. I much prefer IWB carry, so I go from a Kimber aluminum frame 1911 to a S&W 360SC whenever my back is bothering me. Am thinking the S&W weighs about 12 oz. Works for me.
Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sean,
Have you considered moving to a very small auto carried inside your pants pocket?

I've BTDT with sciatica,it ain't fun.The best thing you can do is become more active.The more limber you get,the less it will bother you.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
V
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
V
There's always one of those........... wink

And, yeah, I'm stupid out of shape. Gotta fix that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sean,
Here's what I've found that will help relieve pain from a sciatica attack.

Pour a bath that is as hot as you can stand it.Get in and soak until the water starts to cool off.

Then lay face down on the floor and have someone rub the lower half of your back,from the mid back to the tail bone.Try to relax as much as possible during this.You might also want to have them rub your upper back,espically the trapiezius muscle.That's where a lot of folks (including me)hold tension,and that causes the rest of the back to get tensed up,which can cause sciatica.

That's about the only thing I've found that works well,other than heavy duty pain killers.Trust me,those end up being worse than the sciatica after awhile.

WB.

Last edited by WheelchairBandit; 03/28/09.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Pull my undershirt out ? I wore mine with a shirt over it and never had a problem with this method and place of carry. If you are talking in the front to one side, yes. Or in the center of the back, but not over the hip, just far enough to be around the back for it to be in the natural hollow over the hip.
It doesn't work well with revolvers. But with a flat automatic, butt to front, canted and and resting with the rear sight on the pant top or the belt I've never had a problem. You need to wear a leather belt and it does need to be snug however.
I've done some fighting and some running with a flat auto so carried. Again, if you use a leather belt and situate it properly, there will be not problems. In fact, the big advantages of this position is that it conceals the pistol in a hollow over the hip and it is unusually secure during just such activities. E

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good start, but I'd recommend a good massage therapist instead. I've had a few therapeutic massages for similar reasons and the relief is pronounced and lasts a good while. your insurance might even cover it.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by batch
A good start, but I'd recommend a good massage therapist instead. I've had a few therapeutic massages for similar reasons and the relief is pronounced and lasts a good while. your insurance might even cover it.

That is absolute fact, been there and it does work. Thanks for the reminder batch.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,500
Posts18,452,470
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.