Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Nice clean rifle built in 1964 according to stamping on reciever.
Complete and not molested in any way and has one origonal mag., but does have some light scratches on the dark forend tip(left side) which is thay way it came to me. They don't show great in pictures, but I want any/all disclosed. I believe they would buff out, I never tried. Also one small nick (3/8"?) between edge of stock and barrel chanel above the scratches. For a 45 year old rifle it's nice, but it has sat in my cabinet since I fired it a few times 3 years ago,removed the Weaver scope (60's vintage) that it came with to give to a friend and I have never bothered to pick it up again. I clearing what I don't use since some health issues came up.
Price is $550. Can send pictures-just ask, and I'll see if I can get some posted.

Last edited by georgeb; 03/14/09.
IC B3

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I wanted to edit this, but don't see that option so I'll do it this way:
I posted this originaly on 3/14/09, and did see allot of acctivity so I want to offer a better deal.
Nice clean rifle built in 1964 according to stamping on reciever.
Complete and not molested in any way and has one origonal mag., but does have some light scratches on the dark forend tip(left side) which is thay way it came to me. They don't show great in pictures, but I want any/all disclosed. I believe they would buff out, I never tried. Also one small nick (3/8"?) between edge of stock and barrel chanel above the scratches. For a 45 year old rifle it's nice, but it has sat in my cabinet since I fired it a few times 3 years ago,removed the Weaver scope (60's vintage) that it came with to give to a friend and I have never bothered to pick it up again. I clearing what I don't use since some health issues came up.
Price is $550.
To enhance the deal, I'll also include a Leupold VX-1 2x7x33 that I got for this rifle and never mounted it because I don't use it. I'll include the scope for an additional $115 (Cheap). It's in the box with all papers and such. That would make the package $665.
I'm not interested in selling the scope unless I sell the rifle.
I also have a 3x9x33 Compact, just back from the factory that I could include for a price to be worked out.
Can send pictures-just ask.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
pm sent

Hook And Cook
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PM sent with email address for pictures.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
PM'S replied to, more questions just ask.
I can send more pictures, but all I have is dial up.
George

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PM sent with email address.

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
All new PM'S replied to.
More questions, just ask- happy to answer or send picture.
George

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Please send pics to bruce581comcast.net Thanks,,,Bruce..

W
W
Please send pics to:
mdwpemtel.net

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
All recent picture request replied to.
If this rifle isn't sold by next Monday I'm going to list on Gun Broker. I hate the idea of doing that, but I'm clearing what I don't or can't use/need/want, with more to sell in the future.(parts,scopes,rifles,one or two hanguns)
I'm not really hurting for the money, just can't use some things since serious back injury. Sat on them for 8 years,and now face reality at only 58 that I can't walk the fields like I used to.
I saw a 141M that made mine look like new go for a "buy now bid" of $639, and the front sight was missing and looked like they used a hatchet to remove it.
George

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow ... the economy must be tuff .... I cannot believe this has not sold. Wish I could help ... hope the back gets better!!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bump for a nice rifle. I've got one sitting my closet too.

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
avagadro ,
Thanks for the wish for the back to get better, but I had a mirical in 1999 when I had disc surgery and wanted to walk right after I got out of recovery/anistesia. I didn't even want paid meds when I woke up. First time in a year it didn't feel like my leg was being ripped off, and a knife was stuck in my ham string. That year I got out for deer, and on New Years day and killed about a 175# deer and drug it out alone over 1/2 mi. Then in 2001 I fell going out the front door on ice/mud, and the spine compressed where the disc material was removed. Now little can be done. But, any of you that are looking at disc surgery feel free to contact me. I was hesitant, but getting my tonsills out at 12 was worse- and now there's a non-surgical repair for herneaited disc. If you have a disc problem, and want the view of one that's had the surgery I'm serious- drop me an email because I know it's a spooky thing to consider having done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
please send pics to 87whalersbcglobal.net Mike

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
They are on their way, email is composed.
Using dial up, and I'll send them right after I quit "window shopping".
George

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Jerryv,
Pictures going out to you in a few minutes.
George

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I'll give this one more bump toward the front, and then let it ride. If it sells great, if not it goes back in the cabinet. I just can't bring myself to start listing on Gun Broker. I'm just a private guy that has some nice stuff for sale, that I felt I priced fair. I bought a few here, and wanted to test the waters with this one before I listed to sell a couple of Rem. Classics I bought myself in 220 S., and 257 R and some other arms that I love but don't realy get to uses since around 2001/2002 when I crunched my spine. Back then the market was good,and I was broke- but I just couldn't face the fact that I wouldn't be using them all that much any more. Since then I worked myself into a much better financial place- not rich but all my bills are paid and I got a jump on what most face today in this econemy 8 years ago when I injured myself. I learned then to live within my means, and get what I need, not just want.
The ones I offer for sale I bought for myself, others were gifts from family members, and I won't sell them. I don't collect, I shoot them if I buy/get them. No "new in box" stuff, just good arms at what I think is a fair price.
Email if interested, and I'll reply.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Pics please to seporithgmail.com Thanks, Anthony

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Pictures sent to you Anthony.

G
georgeb Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Teeder,
Sorry, I neglected to give you a thank you for the bump.
My bad, as I do appreciate that.
Seems the econemy is a dog, and there's little market unless you want to sell for low prices.
Looks like I'll just set it back in storage with the rest that I considered selling. I don't have to feed thm daily.
I'm going to post some odds and ends (rings,bases,Early Varmint Hunter Mags, and a barrel or two that are taking space just to clear the clutter. Just can't make use of things since I can't walk much.
Thought about using Gun Broker, and could get more then the $550 I'm sure but I prefer to to it person to person on boards that serve the shooters and don't look to profit from private transactions.
Any Way,
Thank You Again,
George

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
436 members (160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 300jimmy, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 45 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.