Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ebd10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I remember reading about this guy in the 90s; He was the only serious competition Tubb had for a while. Then he just disappeared. Anyone have any idea where he went?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
BP-B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
As I recall the bastard renounced his citizenship(F him ) and moved to another country. He has been around at times. I've shot with him as late as the late 90s early 00s in TN and maybe a few other places.
Seems from what I hear he was screwing around on his wife and had a nasty divorce and was pissed with what the courts allowed her to have so said screw the US. I also recall that once renounced he did not respect the US Anthem thats played at all of our matches.

He was shooting a tube(thats tube, not tubb) gun last I saw.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maxberry lives part time in NZ and part time in the US from what I understand. He shot a match with us a couple of years back when he was in transit between the two. He posts on the LongRange forum and seems to stir up the shxt quite a bit with his opinions (and it ain't just the US shooters shxt he stirs!)

He still was shooting an open legged sitting with a Surplus web sling last I saw.

These days, the competition has gotten better and Tubb has had health problems. Most notably Carl Bernosky decided he wanted to shoot Highpower again and has spanked all comers the last couple of years.

M
M
Well yes I immigrated to New Zealand, fewer gun laws and deer hunting is year round Red, Fallow and Wapiti. Possum hunting at night with sound moderators and spot lights these are the Australian Possums not the US opossums. I can own a machine gun without the hassle that happens in the US and yes I own my handguns as well. I'm very sorry to hear about the elections as I voted for McCain even as sad a choice as that was , so YES I AM a US CITIZEN I did not have to renounce my US citizenship and I have not and will not do so. Yes I was raising a stink on the LR Forum and it was over allowing the International Palma community to introduce a drug testing process in the Palma matches that follow along the guide lines of WADA and UNESCO , sorry but there are NO known drugs that improve shooting ability I have researched this to the "N" th degree , there have been no such test to prove it , period !I have continued to return to the States every year to compete except in 2007 when the cost of gas made the traveling I do prohibitive. I hope to get back and pick up my course rifle and maybe the LR and shoot at Perry before its closed down .
Cheers from NZ

Last edited by mrmax; 02/08/09.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Mitchell

Bad press on my end, I'd heard you renounced through shooting circles, I have no respect at all for that.
But you say you have not and for that I offer my sincere apologies to my terminology. I appreciate your duty to remain a US citizen, even in these times!

Though I refrain from indoctrinating myself to use the term cheers, best back to you!

Divorce ever settle out?

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Perry closing down???

GOA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Its been rumored for years.... I have heard nothing new though.

M
M
Divorce is the bane of a civilized society and enforcement of religious views on an otherwise co-joined and twisted legal /judicial system. No divorce is something your never able to forget , in that since it's never over .
NZ is one of the few countries that has dual citizenship with the US. In part due to the numbers that immigrated here from the US after the gold rush in the 1850's and the numbers of wives taken from the military during WW-2. I personal know several that were married from that era.
Mitchell

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
"As I recall the bastard renounced his citizenship(F him )"

Rost - how's that foot taste? grin Not like I've ever said anything that just didn't work out real well... blush

Mitchell - glad to hear that you're still around and shooting.

Regards, Guy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
"No divorce is something your never able to forget , in that since it's never over"

ditto that.

Would be a shame if Camp Perry went away. American tradition just seems to be loosing itself.

GOA
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
mrmax,
I sincerly hope the bad times of divorce are behind you. I recall speaking to a magazine editor some years ago about your agreeing to come on as a columnist once things in your personal life turned around. I don't recall seeing the column appear during the short life of that magazine. I took it as a very bad situation that wasn't straightening out.

I have not read through the threads regarding introducing drug tests to shooting, therefore aren't familiar with what lit searches you've already completed. Regarding your statement;
sorry but there are NO known drugs that improve shooting ability I have researched this to the "N" th degree , there have been no such test to prove it , period !

Did your research include the work by?
Kruse, Ladefoge, Nielsen, Paulev and Sorensen (1986) in the Journal of Applied Physiology?
Where metoprolol administered 2hrs prior to shooting showed significant increases in score (pistol IIRC).

and...
Bahrke and Yesalis in their book "Performance-Enhancing Substances in Sports and Exercise" cite an article by Wagner which might be of interest;
"...However Beta Blockers were added to the list of prohibited substances in 1986 when it was documented that their use resulted in improved shooting scores..."

I hope to be able to pull the Kruse et al and Wagner articles;
Wagner J, (1987) Substance Abuse Policies and Guidelines In Amateur and Professional Athletics, Am J of Hosp Pharmacy 44(2):305-310

If you've already read through it, I'd appreciate your impressions and thoughts.

I ran across another reference to improved perfomance in Bobsled and shooting in an article by Schmid (1990), but it was in German, which would cause me more pain than I would like at the moment...but if you're linguistically enabled and have access to the Viennese Weekly Medical Review...
Schmid P (1990) Der Einsatz von Beta rezeptoren blockern im leisstungsport. Wiener Medizinische Wochenshrift (140)6-7; 184-188

If your discussion on the Long Range Forum was exclusive of Beta Blockers, please disregard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did a little more "research" and found a few more articles regarding beta blockers and shooting performance. I'll see if I can pull them and read them. The one in French might give me a problem though smile

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Mitchell do you know a fellow from Mississippi named Herbert Thibadeiox. I used to shoot with him when I was still active, and he mentioned your name several times.He was shooting at Perry every year for a long time, but I havent heard from him in about 3 years.

John M.

If I give an opinion on it, I have used or owned it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Guy

Foot don't bother me in the least. I've had it many ways. I had heard what I heard, I stand by if he did renounce it.. as he didn't, I'm (IMHO) enough of a man to admit my screwup and sincerely hope the apology is/was accepted.

Last perfect person to my recollection they nailed to a tree.

Jeff

M
M
Sorry I've not been back for a while Can't say I recall That name but then I've probably been on a range with a rather high percentage of the High Power shooters over the years. My most humble apology for not recalling him.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 72 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.