Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
olblue Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any body have a clue who the good guys (fiscal conservative and not liking Carol Como) are running for school board. I've got everything else figured out, Just hate to be an uniformed voter.
Thanks --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tough one. For seat F I'm voting for Dawn Bundick; I don't know anything about her except she's NOT Jeff Friedman (and she's black).

Seat E-Kathleen Plunkett and Michael Lindbeck are both Republicans Going with Lindbeck based on this statement: "I am running for School Board for the chance to fix a broken, wasteful, inefficient system for the benefit of our students". BTW, both Plunkett and Lindbeck have oil ties, which is a good thing to me.

Seat B-Marc Grober and Mia Costello are Republicans-I have doubts about Costello though. Steve Pratt seems ok, but he didn't list a party (muni elections ARE non-partisan). Man, its a crapshoot. For school board, I'll vote for anyone that has an R by their name then taking the chance on a non-declared, etc.

Good Luck. Google Anchorage 2009 Mayoral Race or something for more school board info.

Wook

olblue Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Wook ---Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Found out too late how hard Don Smith is going after CC and want to call for a do-over!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yea, I wish I was more up to speed on the school board stuff too. Looks like we got two conservatives (I'll use that term loosely) on the school board. Kathleen Plunkett and Crystal Kennedy-unopposed. Can't hurt.

You guys think Dan Sullivan has a chance with a unified liberal vote in May?

Wook

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There will be a much smaller turnout for the do-over and he should pull it out. I know I dislike Croft immensely just because he thought Bagitch did a great job...

Funny the fill-in mayor did so poorly...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard on KENI this morning that Croft is using Baggages staff to run his election campaign, that in and of itself is enough reason to stay far, far away from Mr Croft. I'll be voting again in May should it come down to a runoff.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn.....every time I hear of an Anchorage election, there's another school bond issue....no end to it I guess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like both school bond issues went down in flames... Too much routine maintenence in them for me...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CC has done nothing but scream for money since she became the the superintendant and frankly, it's time for a change. I'll be the first to admit, in the years past i always voted for the school bonds so our children will have a better place to learn, better teachers, and modern technology at their fingertips.

But what did we get instead?? Worn out schools, low graduation rates, low test scores, etc, etc.

I'm done with the school bonds and will never vote for another one again. Hows that go......fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,003
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.