Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Yes it does there is a zippered compartment with a hanger inside for your bladder, also the rifle carrier is pretty slick it holds your rifle really tight and you know how when you attach your rifle to a pack it always seems to unbalance your pack and you can really notice its there but with this system you can tell there's extra weight but it does not feel un balanced at all. So far after a couple of hikes I really like this pack.

Oldlogger

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oldlogger,
Thank you, that was just what I was hoping to hear!
smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ordered one; I can't wait to see how it works...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The price almost made me crap my pants. It better be really good for almost $400 bones.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We will see.

What convinced me to try one was the meat shelf and rifle holder features. Also, I own a few other Sitka items, and have been very impressed so far.

James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Thought I would show a couple of photo's of the gun carrier and the meat shelf.
First one is my 45/70 guide, 2nd one is my 270 WSM, 3rd. one is the meat shelf all of these photo's show the pack in day pack mode very compact and great to carry hope you enjoy your pack when you get it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image], Hope these come out alright I'm new at posted photo's

Oldlogger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oldlogger,

The photos look just fine.

Thank you very much for posting;makes me look forward to receiving my own.

smile

James Elroy Flecker

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Your welcome let me know how you like the pack when you get it.

Oldlogger

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by bearstalker
The price almost made me crap my pants. It better be really good for almost $400 bones.
That's what I said too. They have them here at SW if you want to look at one. I'm still not convinced it's worth that much money.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I called up Sitka Gear this morning and ordered one up. I'll hunt with it during the rut in about a month in some very [bleep] conditions/terrain and I'll let you guys know what I think. Sitka said they'd give me my money back if it sucks or if I break it....

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
bump.. Any more reviews on these packs?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd like to know also!

A
A
Calvin how did it work for you?

Roger

D
D
Ok, Since there are questions about the pack and not many answers, I will throw my two cents in.

I was really reluctant to shell out this much money for a hunting pack but I found one for a reasonable price on ebay last year and I have no regrets. I have owned a bunch of packs over the years and I sold a Badlands just before I bought this one.
This pack is the best I have ever used. I have put on many miles with this thing on my back with loads from 15 pounds in daypack mode to 52 pounds in 8 day elk hunt bivy mode. It has performed flawlessly! It is the most comfortable pack I have ever worn! I compacts down to about the size of a 1800 cu.in. pack for day use and I love that. I have dubbed it the swiss army knife of hunting packs because it is so versatile. It has so many pockets it is amazing. I have used it in complete downpours during my January deer hunt and not one drop got inside the pack. I can't honestly find one gripe about it.

Don

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don,
I have the same pack, and I really like it.
I packed out about 60# of deer meat with it last fall-the meat shelf is nice!

Also agree with your other observations about the pack.
The only pack I have that is as comfortable is my Arc Teryx Bora, and that is high praise, as far as I am concerned.

James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tim, I have one of these packs.

I was wondering about the meat shelf if it was to far off the back to be able to haul much?

Is this pack doable for a 5 day hunt and haul out 60 or 70 lbs of boned out deer meat with the shelf.

What do you think it's limits are?

Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SU,
I hauled out about 60# of deer meat on the shelf without any problems and the pack was still quite comfortable.
I have only used it on day hunts so far, but I had a lot of room to spare(my pack is the tall version.)

To see how much I could pack, I have been able to put a sleeping bag, small tent(ID Mega sola), sleeping pad,spotting scope and cook ware and about 3 days food without any troubles whatsoever.

To make a long story short, I think the pack could do a 5 day trip, yes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 340boy; 04/16/09.

James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes it does help.

Thanks!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Akonthefly
Calvin how did it work for you?

Roger

It's been working out fine for me. I used it to haul out two quartered out bucks during the rut. I'll give it a very good workout this upcoming alpine season.

I've also been training with it. I've got 70lbs in it and it's doing fine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.