Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Has anyone on here had an dealings with RD Custom Products recently?

I intended to buy one of his trigger guards to replace the ugly-sister device on my CZ452, but haven't heard anything for nearly a year.

Anyone else make a CZ452 trigger guard replacement??

BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
RD is out of business. Some British maker is offering CZ TGs I was told but I never found out who.

If you find a source, please do tell (PM if you like)

Thanks,

MtnHtr

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Ya snooze you lose - Glad I didn't make the order and deposit. Will do some snooping around over on rimfirecentral.

Thanks for the info - DARBY

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DARBY
Ya snooze you lose - Glad I didn't make the order and deposit. Will do some snooping around over on rimfirecentral.

Thanks for the info - DARBY

I found out also that RD isn't in business any longer, and I'm looking for one too. I checked with BRNOMAN over on Rimfirecentral and he doesn't make them, so I'm still looking..

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I suppose it is time to dust off the ol' Bridgeport and start chewing away. I wish.

It seems to me there has to be a good market for these things. The ones RD made were nice, and added a lot to the looks of the 452.

I have a pal who has a machine shop, and he makes all sorts of clean, stylish billet parts for Harleys - will see what he what he can come with.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Head over to rimfirecentral and post under the CZ forum. As mentioned there's someone across the pond who's making them and sells a few on UK feebay.

There's also someone who recently posted that he's working on doing his own.

Life is just one damned thing after another
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hi All,

I believe this is the English producer mentioned above:

dce Holne R & D Ltd.

Tel: 00 44 1548 856742

e-mail: garydce-holne-rd.com

www.dce-holne-rd.com

They have recently been featured in the New Products section of one of our magazines.

Good luck,

Tim

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for the replies.

This begs the question as to why CZ didn't make something a bit more aesthetically pleasing to begin with - these are not exactly inexpensive rifles. Then there's the trigger that needs attention. Oh well - this thing should last me forever.... cool

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
The ones from RD were nice, I have a couple. I thought about the
ones from GB but the first ones were aluminum. I'm looking at
seeing what the cost would be to make a few.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cool

Last edited by HotRod9mm; 04/17/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Someone needs to start making em, seems to me they sold like hotcakes but must cost a bunch to produce.

HotRod9mm, please let us know if you start to produce them, Im in for sure.

PP

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B3

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by passport
.....HotRod9mm, please let us know if you start to produce them.....

I have a couple at the shop they started on. The fixturing and extra tooling cost makes getting started the hard part. But hopefully they will turn out nice. If all goes well then I will have them in a hot bluing and some parkerized to match both receiver finishes.

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Nice piece -- I would be interested in one of those too.

Plan to take my 452 by my buddy's place today to see what he thinks he can come up with using his machinery. Will copy and take these photos along.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HotRod9mm, Any chance of producing a conversion kit to reverse the operation of the safety on a CZ452? I love the rifles, except for that ridiculous bass ackwards safety! grin Someone used to make a conversion kit for these, but my CRS is kicking in right now, and I can't remember who! grin

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Joe (Darby)...

I had my gunsmith give my CZ453's trigger guard a high polish, both inside and outside the trigger guard, then re-blue it in a glossy blue... it worked out beautifully... and cost me a mere $15.

I also had the action bedded and the action screws pillar-bedded & insured the barrel was still "floating" at the same time... and it shoots pretty good.

As you'll probably remember, I bought the "varmint" model of the CZ453 with the heavy barrel and the single-set trigger.

Now it shoots Wolf Match/Target ammo into a � inch or less sometimes (5-shot groups @ 50 yds.) and the cheapest CCI Blazer solid point, H.V. .22 rimfire, long rifle ammo into less than a � inch all the time and into about 1/3rd of an inch sometimes.

I am also separating the rounds according to weight (in 1/10th of a grain increments) and rim thickness (within 1/1000ths of an inch) to further enhance the ammo's accuracy.

I've got that single set trigger down to mere "ounces" now... grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
In my somewhat less-than-humble opinion, trying to pretty-up the stock 452 trigger guard is a classic example of putting lipstick on a pig.

To each/tastes vary and all that, but the one on mine is headed for the trash can when I can find something to replace it. Hope you like yours. whistle

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Hahahahahaha... grin "...lipstick on a pig"... CUTE !!!

Actually, Joe... it looks pretty good-a whole lot better than it did. And it didn't cost $100+ to make it look that way. smile

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Reread my above post - a cheap-looking trigger guard will forever be that and nothing more, shiny or otherwise. If it makes you happy and you think it looks okay, then you have gotten off on the cheap. I prefer something nicer and am willing/can afford to pay for it IF there is something better to be had. CZ could have done better with the bargain-basement guard and the throwaway trigger system on these less-than-inexpensive rifles.

Yours is easily the most accurate I have ever read about, but then we know how well some rifles shoot on the net do we not. cool

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to say I really liked the RD trigger guards. I'd buy a similar item from another vendor.

[Linked Image]

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
D
DARBY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Rub it in, will ya - grin grin --- those things sure improve the looks of a 452.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even more than the trigger guard, can one flush up the magazine with the stock surface? I wouldn't be caught dead with a unit displaying that profile.

1Minute
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
536 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.