Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
All,

Anyone have experience working with Daniel Armstrong at www.accu-tig.com? I am considering changing out the bolt on my Rem 700 to a Holland Extended Tactical and he does it for a good price.

PM if you prefer to keep your experience off the open forum.

Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've spliced in about 3/8" on a few remington bolt knobs using a tig welder, looks nice when done. I know the tedius work involved though would be more labor then just buying a extended length bolt handle.

The piece I splice in is slightly larger , after welding in place you file to fit.

I never seen anyone tig weld the handle to the bolt body though, It gets silver soldered, and some either put additional pins in it or screws.
GA precision does some work like mentioned above. Cant say about the place you mentioned though, I have no experiance with them.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by carbon12
All,

Anyone have experience working with Daniel Armstrong at www.accu-tig.com? I am considering changing out the bolt on my Rem 700 to a Holland Extended Tactical and he does it for a good price.

PM if you prefer to keep your experience off the open forum.

Thanks.

I do not know anyone in the country that does more bolt handle work than Dan. Good man to work with. Lifetime warranty is not hard to swallow either. This man see more bolt handle work in one Day than many shops see in a year. Why would anyone trust a once in a while shop, when you have a man that does nothing else but bolt handles is beyond me? grin

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
http://www.straightshotgunsmithing.com/ I can not speak for Dan, but I can speak for Nate. He does a great job and his turn around is fast. My bolt came back fit and timed perfectly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i've used dan before. he has a very reasonable turn around time and does very good work.

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Second vote for Nathan as well, he is doing a full build for me right now and a lot of other smiths send their work to him for TIG.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dan has done several for me. See below. This is before checkering and was the result of him having to piece 2 bolt handles together.
[Linked Image]
This is the finished version.
[Linked Image]
This is a custom built on a Pierce CM receiver and I wasn't comfortable with anybody else than Dan.
Butch

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,268 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,223
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.