Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
There are so many ads running on this site, my computer will not handle it, I have a DSL connection, done all the scrubbing.

time to move on, I am out of here.

GB4 (EMPTY)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I too was having lots of trouble with this site and just added the AdBlock extension to my browser (Google Chrome) and problem solved! Here is a link to their site (https://getadblock.com). I even ended up sending them $5, they ask for users to determine what they want to pay.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is really great info.

I was very troubled about the slowness, and deterioration, of navigating the website hunting forums. It became impossible to log on the the past couple of days.

I have a very fast computer only a couple of years old and i use windows 8.1.

I also hire Guruaid and pay them a handsome sum annually for trouble shooting and cleanup. I phoned them yesterday and explained the problem which was that I could go to other websites and all was just fine. They said it was a local site problem and they couldn't help.

So the plot thickens !? I could navigate everywhere on 24 hour campfire just fine, fast and effortless EXCEPT the hunting forums.

I plundered around on my own trying several things: Norton Scan, deleted some stuff, to no avail. In frustration I downloaded Firefox. They noted that I was an old customer, welcomed me back, installed and updated. I then opened 24 Hour Campfire in Firefox and logged on in a flash ! Navigated all over the forum quickly and easily !!!!!!???????

I have no idea what occurred but it worked. I'm calling special attention to the above poster who mentioned Firefox/Google Chrome - Spot on.

It's a bit early yet for me to go back and evaluate any improvements in Internet Explorer, MSN, my browsed of choice but I will follow up.

I've been at this computer thing since it's original introduction and seen and experienced everything and one thing i can count on is the mysteries. There are so many elements, hackers, updated, vagaries, gremlins, glitches.

I have at least 4 four matters unresolved that I can't get answers to or solutions. And I suspect that I probably never will. Fortunately these are very peripheral and don't affect my regular use.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 07/08/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys N Gals:

Further update:

I spoke to supposed MSN who actually are a cagey, spinoff apparently, who pretend to be MSN but are in reality some glom on parasites that want to sell services. Before they put the bight on me for big dollar annual contract services I was able to ascertain that they say the problem is hackers from Mexico. They showed a whole plethora of very extensive hackers which was long. But I don't bite on that.

I'll keep om trying to get to the bottom, but in the interim what works is going to another browser Firefox or Chrome for the minute.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't mind having ads along the sides of the screen, after all somebody has to pay to keep up the site. I make a point of clicking on any ad that I find remotely interesting.

However, the ads here are out of hand. Ads that contain videos are OK, but ads that start videos with sound without me starting them are unacceptable. Worse still are ads that start themselves that I can't shut off. Worst of all, lately ads have been running scripts that consume huge chunks of CPU time, keep the editor from working and/or crash the browser.

Enough. It's time to exercise some control over what the ads on this site can do.

This is the only site I visit that has these problems.

Last edited by natman; 10/21/15.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear you.

We, conjointly, resolved these issues last month completely

First use Adblocker

Next stay with me and I will walk you through all other issues until you are entirely satisfied.

Bill

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Generated in 0.053 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

UH OH! Now what? I'm running Ubuntu on a lap top. I've had trouble with my shockwave crashing,and the screens freezing in a white background,but only on the "campfire". Kinda frustrating. I'm thinking the live banners are part of the shockwave issue. Not sure about the freezing.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The videos at the bottom are what is $hit that snowboard jump and the big nose jew biotsh about diet relationship is sickining and makes this site the slowest most undesireable there is side ads arent bad the video ones suck

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
832 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 83 invisible), 3,268 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM