Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Hi 24hourcampfire members and friends,

As some of you may know, I'm getting married to a lovely woman on August 22nd.

We have chosen to write part of our own vows and to have them incorporated into the ceremony. I have all of the love and romance covered. I just need some ideas on incorporating one or two hunting/outdoors statements for fun- I may not use one of yours, but I will definitely share them with my wife to be.

I'd like to include something funny but true to my values about hunting/outdoors- like

"I promise to limit myself to two animal heads in the living room unless I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity at a Sheep Grand Slam...I further promise to build a trophy room for our taxidermy collection so that our family may remain connected with nature at all times..." grin

"I promise to provide food for our family, even if it means travelling around the world on grand hunting adventures..." grin grin

"I promise to have no more than four firearms in the bedroom, unless I'm cleaning them on the bed..." crazy

"I promise to think about you often even when I'm out in nature meditating with my gun and/or fly-rod..." wink

I'm looking for cute, funny but real ideas --If you were to get married or renew your vows, what might you say?

P.S. I'm also open to a quote from a someone/gunwriter who has said/written something romantic that also mentions something about hunting/fishing or outdoors...

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK...you gotta get rid of that "2 heads in the living room" clause...sometimes women actually take that chit seriously....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty

"I promise to provide food for our family, even if it means travelling around the world on grand hunting adventures..." grin grin

"I promise to think about you often even when I'm out in nature meditating with my gun and/or fly-rod..." wink

These are the only two viable options from what you listed, simply because they are the only ones that she definitely will not hold you to wink

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
how about this one?
"I promise to spend every Christmas and New Years with you, unless I draw a coveted big game tag or ice hasn't formed on the lake yet..."

Please share your ideas and quotes with me...I'm getting writer's block wink

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I promise to raise our children to be reliable, independent, and self sufficient.

Then take the kids Hunting and Fishing and/or make the do a lot of chores.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
-If you were to get married or renew your vows, what might you say?

Take me NOW Lord!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
I promise to raise our children to be reliable, independent, and self sufficient.

Then take the kids Hunting and Fishing and/or make the do a lot of chores.

BMT

Let me rephrase:

"I promise to raise our children to be reliable, independent, and self sufficient BY taking them Hunting and Fishing and/or make them do a lot of chores." grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I promise to remain the Man you fell in love with and share my love of the outdoors and all that that encompasses with you and our children,because it is through my love of the outdoors and the purity of nature that I was able to see that you are my soulmate.

if she buy's that your golden wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I promise to remain the Man you fell in love with and share my love of the outdoors and all that that encompasses with you and our children,because it is through my love of the outdoors and the purity of nature that I was able to see that you are my soulmate.

if she buy's that your golden wink

Heyyyy...that was Gooodd....
you should write for Hallmark.. grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With this ring...(produce Talley Lightweight from pocket) I thee wed.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK...you gotta get rid of that "2 heads in the living room" clause...sometimes women actually take that chit seriously....
Ingwe

Unless they're from Montana, and you've never had them "Out of State." Schitt, there's at least TWO of Sunshines in the front room.

How many does Mrs Ingwe have?

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, BTW....

My wife thought a Shotgun Wedding meant everyone bring a gauge and a box of clay pigeons.....

Really... I'm not funnin...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't do what my ex did...she thought the preacher said, "Do you promise to love, honor and go play"...and boy did she!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deeply beliquored we are gathered here today in the presence of our...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hip, hip, hooray
It's Lefty's big day
They're done with the stress
She's in the stunning white dress
Glad she is not in a family way

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I promise to take off no more than two months each year to go hunting.. grin grin

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think you are treading on soft ground there. Promise to love and cherish one another and let it be. Vows are not the place to introduce humor. Still with the first one after 37 years here, and she has an elk tag we are working to fill in the next month. Good luck, 1Minute

Edited: The first mounted head hung in our home was her first pronghorn. It bothers me, because both of hers are larger than mine.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/20/09.

1Minute
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Agree with 1minute.

I was in elk camp 12 years ago with a 22 y/o that was getting married the next fall. He shot a magnificent 7x7. While admiring his animal and telling him that it would look great on the wall, he informed us that the potential bride would not allow it in "her" house. The four of us told him that he really needed to rethink the whole thing.

I'm at 33 years and counting. She's bought the last three guns that came into the house.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Friend Louis,

Thanks for the call, my friend, we enjoyed hearing about your upcoming wedding. Our best wishes to both of you.

Louis, you are a sick, sick man ... and I love it!!!1

All the best,

Steve & Karen

PS. Below is a couple of photos of us renewing our wedding vows a couple of months ago at the Wedding Chruch in Cana ... Israel. Forty five years and counting on the original marriage. We wish you guys the same. ST

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I first read the title of your post, my first thought was "Oh, don't do it." I originally had decided not to say anything, because it's your wedding vows and you know your future wife better than the rest of us. I don't want to tell you not to do something if it would make you happy and you believe it would be well received by her and the guests.

However, most women take their wedding day very seriously and the exchange of the vows is often when the mothers of the bride and groom (heck, most the women guests) start to cry. I'd be a bit leery of trying to introduce humor into a situation that is often meant to be serious promises to each other. Many women start dreaming about "the big day" even before they enter grade school. Making a hunting/fishing remark during the vows may not go over so well.

IF you are sure that she and the guests will appreciate the humor (you obviously know best) then I'd keep it simple.

Of the ones you mentioned, the only one that doesn't seem tacky (to me) for a wedding vow is:

"I promise to be a provider for our family, during good times and bad, even if it means traveling around the world on grand hunting adventures..." (your quote, slightly modified).

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,407 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,354
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.