Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don Martin Posted this on MM:

Guys, in case you haven't heard by now, my friend and fellow outfitter Larry Heathington, owner of Sheep Limited in Williams, AZ is missing!

Larry was suppose to meet two clients for a private lands antelope hunt in New Mexico last Friday, and he didn't show up and hasn't been heard from.

Larry was in a gray Ford F-350 Super Duty and was towing a Jeep (photo attached).

The last communication anyone had with Larry was on Thursday, when he told his cousin on the cell phone that he was two hours away from Socorro, NM.

He hasn't been heard from since, no activity on his credit cards, or phone nothing.

A missing persons report has been taken by the Holbrook, AZ police department as a reliable person said she saw his vehciles in Holbrook.

If you know Larry, then you know his is not the kind of guy that would just disappear off the face of the earth.

Me, his family and other friends are worried that something terrible wrong has happened and we need your help.

If you've seen his vehicles, and they are distinctive, or seen Larry, please call the Holbrook P.D. Or call me at 928-681-4867.

Thank you,

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Pic of Larry, the Jeep and its personalized plates on MM
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID33/742.html

Don posted that Coconino Sheriff Dept is involved and vehicles entered into NCIC

Last edited by RedRabbit; 09/17/09.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for Mr. Heathington's safe return.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
man, prayers on the way!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
wow, that is scary! Prayer sent here as well...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's really terrible. Sounds like a person that always makes it
imparative for others to know where he's at/going. What's really funny is if had an accident or something, the Sheriff/DPS would have already been in touch. Hopefully he just wanted a little time alone.

Hope things turn out okay.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Prayers sent. Larry gave me some great tips on bear calling back in the early nineties. Great guy!

MtnHtr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any news on Mr. Heathington?

JM

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Damn.............

This ain't good...........

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What are the roads like in that area?

Not to be morbid, but if he went over an edge somewhere, there wouldn't be any witnesses and it may be a while till his vehicle was discovered.

When I lived in SW Colorado, I always used to look at the rusting wrecks over the edge of the Norwood hill road, and wonder....

Same with a few sections of the Apache Trail through the Superstitions in AZ...

Hoping not, but...?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Updated info from Don Martin:

OK, here is where we are at.
Larry spoke to several folks on Friday the 11th. One was Jim Mahac and around 3 p.m. he spoke with his son Kevin. He told Kevin he was about 20 miles from Socorro( SP?)

He was suppose to pick up his hunters at 5 p.m. at the airport in Socorro and never showed. So they know the time element that he went missing is from 3-5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11th.

A lady whose husband has worked for Larry saw his vehicles ( both of them) in the parking lot of Safeway in Holbrook on Monday, Sept. 14th. She thought it strange he was there so she tried to text Larry. Subsequently she got a call from Larry's office saying he was missing so she turned around and went back. The vehicles were gone, and she didn't see anyone around them. A check of the store's inside surveillance revealed nothing. Too bad of quality to make out anything or anyone.

No outside store surveillance.

Lady is absolutely sure it was Larry's two rigs, still hooked up.

So that's all we know as of right now.

By the way, the contacts for investigators on this matter is Sgt. Jason Lurkins, Coconino S.O 928-310-8889, and Det. Larry Thomas 928-226-5032.

The vehicle info for Larry's truck is a 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty, diesel, dark gray, with AZ license plates CD-32204.

Thanks for all the help guys, I know it doesn't look good at this point, but we got to keep trying.

Don Martin

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dang, not a good start. Prayers for safe and swift resolution.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
LARRY HAS BEEN LOCATED!

Posted by Don on MM:

Well I just got off the phone with Larry Heathington, he is almost home.
I don't have the details, but he says he was robbed and knocked unconscious in New Mexico.

Thank, thank you for all the help from everybody!

Thank God he is alive..

Don Martin

Last edited by RedRabbit; 09/18/09.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
good news!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wow, glad he has been located!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonderful News!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good deal!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news. I hope he will be ok.

A little strange though.

JM.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
So they know the time element that he went missing is from 3-5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11th.

A lady whose husband has worked for Larry saw his vehicles ( both of them) in the parking lot of Safeway in Holbrook on Monday, Sept. 14th.

...but he says he was robbed and knocked unconscious in New Mexico.

Call me skeptical, but he claims he was unconscious for at least four, and maybe as much as seven days?

Something isn't sitting right here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you kidding me?
He didn't claim he was knocked out for four to seven days. Ever think the s.o.b.s who decided to rob him didn't necessarily leave him somewhere handy, esepcially since they took both vehicles and probably all his chit? Spend anytime in that neck of the woods? Ain't like there are payphones and 7-11s galore.

Some people......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nope, the whole package just seems a little "off".

"A lady whose husband has worked for Larry saw his vehicles ( both of them) in the parking lot of Safeway in Holbrook on Monday, Sept. 14th. She thought it strange he was there so she tried to text Larry. Subsequently she got a call from Larry's office saying he was missing so she turned around and went back. The vehicles were gone, and she didn't see anyone around them."

He was missing for three days at this point, and somehow, just when she decides to text him (he should still have his phone, not his office, as he was making calls on it), his office calls back to just randomly inform the wife of somebody who works for him? Why her? Why then? What's the chances? Awfully strange timing. Timing so coincidental that she was actually able to turn around and go back quickly enough to expect the vehicles to still be there?

"Lady is absolutely sure it was Larry's two rigs, still hooked up."

If you knocked somebody over, would you keep two high visibility vehicles (license plate SHPLTD doesn't exactly escape attention), that you figure are being looked for, still hitched together? Parked in town? And draw that kind of obvious attention?

It just doesn't all seem right to me.

Hope I'm wrong, but there are just a few too many inconsistencies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

365 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 264mag, 44 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,336
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.