GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I say it's Maywether by decision.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the first time I will be pulling for Floyd, I want to see him get by this fight to get pounded by Manny. Floyd might have Manny on his mind also which could spell trouble. He just might not have the quickness he needs to get by Marquez, the layoffs can't be helping.

We'll see, but imagine his next payday if he works up the courage.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mayweather looked good in his last fight. I'm pulling for him.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think everyone wants to see Manny and Floyd; that will be THE fight to watch. Floyd has to get by Marquez first, and that won't be easy, but I'm pretty sure he can do it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep I want to see Manny kick his smart ass.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup,
you are the last boxing fan, Kevin.

Sorry 'bout that...
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was a huge boxing fan growing up, and well into my thirties, but lost interest at some point. If Ali, Foreman, Norton, Frazier, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Boom Boom Mancini, et al, aren't in the game anymore, I find it hard to get excited about it. Must be a getting old thing.

PS If I happened to catch a fight, I'd probably still enjoy it, but don't follow the sport anymore.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'd guess that outcome as well.

As for being the last boxing fan.......perhaps when I leave this earth. I can fondly remember my dad and I huddled around the radio listening to all the fights waaaaaay back when.

Funny.....my dad was, for all intents and purposes, a very laid back, mellow sort of guy. But when it came to "the fights", he was about as animated as I ever saw him.

I miss him................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by magnumb
I'd guess that outcome as well.

As for being the last boxing fan.......perhaps when I leave this earth. I can fondly remember my dad and I huddled around the radio listening to all the fights waaaaaay back when.

Funny.....my dad was, for all intents and purposes, a very laid back, mellow sort of guy. But when it came to "the fights", he was about as animated as I ever saw him.

I miss him................

Reminds me of my wife's brothers, she had seven of them. Hardcore Viking fans, I went over to their house once..I said once, to watch a football game. Whenever something good was happening for the Vikes, they would all leave their seats and start creeping towards the TV set until they had a half circle around the set. So I would sit there and look at their asses as they yelled and screamed.

I started dating my wife about four months after the Raiders whipped up on the Vikes in the Superbowl, the next season the Vikes and Raider met again. They all wanted to bet money so I took all the action. One by one they got up and left the room, by the end of the game I was celebrating the 35-10 victory with just my girlfriend. I got paid, but paid by way of my wife, none of them wanted to hand me the money themselves, and the thing was, I never said a word. Chcikenschitts.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I say it's Maywether by decision.

I used to like boxing.

But Sugar Ray, Tyson, Macho Camacho, and the rest are gone.

I am more likely to watch a good MMA fight now.

AS for the question, Mayweather by TKO.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i loved the Mickey Ward and Arturo Gatti fights. they were the best! to hell with the sport of boxing, lets brawl!!!! that was fun to watch.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Used to follow boxing Until Don King and $59.99 pay per view ruined it for me.

Loved watching Chavez, Arguello, Leonard and a young Tyson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kevin

Do you understand the 6 figure fine for Maywether weighing in at 146# in a 147# limit fight? Who was his contract with to weigh in not over 144#?

We used to watch Danny 'Little Red" Lopez out of L.A. on TV. Hearns and Duran were always good in the later years of boxing, but I'm old enough to remember "Friday Night Fights".

George

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
if mayweather doesn't spend most of the fight running marquez well beat him. marquez is the only fighter that can take it to manny and the fight that was called a draw between marquez and manny i thought marquez won

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by croldfort
Kevin

Do you understand the 6 figure fine for Maywether weighing in at 146# in a 147# limit fight? Who was his contract with to weigh in not over 144#?

We used to watch Danny 'Little Red" Lopez out of L.A. on TV. Hearns and Duran were always good in the later years of boxing, but I'm old enough to remember "Friday Night Fights".

George

Whatever the weight is as defined in the contract, a welter and a light welter might agree to meet at 145 and no more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Yup,
you are the last boxing fan, Kevin.

Sorry 'bout that...
grin

After the UFC came out, I rarely watch the boxing matches anymore.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae
Used to follow boxing Until Don King and $59.99 pay per view ruined it for me.

Loved watching Chavez, Arguello, Leonard and a young Tyson.

Me too, Well sort of, I'm not going to open this thread again, then in a week or two when it's a rerun on HBO I'll watch it without the Pay for view part -- If I don't hear the outcome first, it'll be close enough to live for me.

I'm pullin' for Mayweather, but if I had money on it, . . .Well, I'm not gonna put no money on it! laugh

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i loved the Mickey Ward and Arturo Gatti fights. they were the best! to hell with the sport of boxing, lets brawl!!!! that was fun to watch.
Oh you said it there; those boys came to fight.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by croldfort
Kevin

George
Yeah, it's the whole reason they have weight divisions; to try to make it fair. All else being equal, the bigger guy can just wear the smaller guy down. So Marquez gets an extra $600k because not making the weight, gives Floyd an unfair advantage. With more risk, comes more reward. Looking at the fight, the size did give Maywether the advantage some, but not much. Maywether won on his speed and boxing prowess. This was a bad fight for Maywether because no matter what happens, he loses. If he wins, then he won a smaller guy, and if he loses then he loses big time. It will be the same thing when he fights Paquiao.

But lets remember, Paquiao still needs to get through Cotto in a couple of months, and that ain't going to be easy. Cotto is considerably bigger and much stronger than Paquiao. But Paquiao has the speed and the power punches.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
thought mayweather and mosely were going to have a after the bout-bout there for a minute

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.