Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
....And Lee dissapears to gather more google knowledge.................. whistle

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have to admit I learned quite a bit from Lee this go around...
Turkish is too soft to build a quailty stock...
Turkish does not come from Turkey most of the time...
Turkish is fun to cut by hand...
Black walnut is a superior stock wood...
Black walnut runs 8% stronger than European walnuts in shear, bending and rupture tests...
Quartersawing saves wood...
Plainsawn lumber always cups...
Beretta shops around for wood, one blank at a time...

Just imagine how much more there is to learn from such a gifted mentor...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Just imagine how much more there is to learn from such a gifted mental...
art

I had to fix your last word Art.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Tom264
....And Lee dissapears to gather more google knowledge.................. whistle

Naahh man, he's too busy redesigning the next space shuttle with his JPL degree or consulting on building the next unsinkable Titanic (boats, ships, yachts, yadda yadda yadda) to spend all his time explaining the intricacies of doing everything that he does to mere mortals like us.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had hoped some honest, interested adult posters had decided to take a chance on resuming the conversation.

Well, I see none of the peanut gallery has posted anything about the topic. No surprise there.

Sitka is listing some facts about walnut which I posted, mixed in with some of his fabricatoins that I didn't say. Cheap, cowardly trick often used by cyber punks.

Triggerguard still blusters about all his secret knowledge about Winchester which he cannot share with us. I guess he shouldn't have brought up subjects like JIT if he couldn't talk about them.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Where you been? google boy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lee24
I had hoped some honest, interested adult posters had decided to take a chance on resuming the conversation.

Well, I see none of the peanut gallery has posted anything about the topic. No surprise there.

Sitka is listing some facts about walnut which I posted, mixed in with some of his fabricatoins that I didn't say. Cheap, cowardly trick often used by cyber punks.

Triggerguard still blusters about all his secret knowledge about Winchester which he cannot share with us. I guess he shouldn't have brought up subjects like JIT if he couldn't talk about them.

and the quickest way to shut all of us up.....where the [bleep] is the pic of that 375?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Whatsamatter, boys, don't have anything to add about cutting walnut for gun stocks?
Sitka and triggerguard sure do appreciate your covering for them.

Reward each other with a back rub.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Whatsamatter, boys, don't have anything to add about cutting walnut for gun stocks?
Sitka and triggerguard sure do appreciate your covering for them.

Reward each other with a back rub.

lee24,

you're one to talk - answer my queries over on the comp forum!!!
(or here, even tho' it aint about wood)

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I gotta wonder Lee: when you post, do you pay any attention at all to who you're talking to ? (really, I'd like to know)

You apparently registered in 2005, that's more than ample time to figure out who is who and what individual members do both as a primary source of income and as a serious-enough hobby to generate supplemental income.

And yet.

I've watched you argue you know more about:

publishing with a newspaper publisher
camera design with a professional photographer
stockmaking with a professional stockmaker
seafaring with (several) professional charter captains
rifle manufacture with a professional parts maker
wildlife biology with a professional wildlife biologist
law with a (very) successful attorney
metallurgy with a metalurgist
computer programming with a full time computer programmer
competition shooting with several (very) well known shooters

and on and on..... A great many of us are known by our real names. I cannot put too much emphasis on that. Really.

stop for a minute. just stop for one full minute and think about that.

is it any wonder you're a laughingstock? I expect any day now to log on and find you arguing with Ken Howell that he's wrong about one of his books, because "you know Ken Howell".

It's baffling. And not really funny at this point. It's more sad than anything else.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tom264
Where you been? google boy.

He's been in between fry orders at BK....Better get him to show pics now, or else the lunch crowd is going to have him overwhelmed.

Thanks for the backrub guys. I was sweating it there for a minute that I'd have to finally confess that I'm not a manufacturer of gun parts, have never ran CNC machinery, and had never been to the Winchester factories, let alone complied with JIT manufacturing techniques as early as 1994.

The problem I'm having with my fantasies at this point, is the fact that I've got Purchase Orders, Quality Control Manuals, and said parts within arms reach of me. Make the voices stop Lee...I give.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No, I haven't, Lefty, and I don't accept your assertion that any of these people are such professionals. I disputed specific things which I knew to be correct. I explained why they were wrong, and backed it up with other experts. None of that is going to be enough for some of you, because your root problem is an inferiority complex.

It doesn't take much to send those people over the edge. They see anyone else who even corrects the most minute detail as a threat to their web persona as some expert. They have to try to build themselves up by attacking others.

You probably didn't understand the discussion between myself and any of those other wounded egos on subjects like libel or computer programming ( I don't recall such a discussion ). So I really don't worry about your being snowed by their smoke and disliking me for explaining why is is smoke.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
triggerguard, everyone knows you make small gun parts. You tell us every day, several times a day.

Just don't try to BS this manufacturing expert with baloney about JIT at Winchester or anywhere else that you can't back up. Next time you are unable to discuss the topic, like walnut, don't choose as your diversion another topic you can't discuss, either.

I have to get back to work designing my 4th generation CNC machine, including all the software to run it. Do any of you comprehend that requires me to be a mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, and a software engineer (and not just a mere "computer programmer")?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
No, I haven't, Lefty, and I don't accept your assertion that any of these people are such professionals. I disputed specific things which I knew to be correct. I explained why they were wrong, and backed it up with other experts. None of that is going to be enough for some of you, because your root problem is an inferiority complex.

It doesn't take much to send those people over the edge. They see anyone else who even corrects the most minute detail as a threat to their web persona as some expert. They have to try to build themselves up by attacking others.

You probably didn't understand the discussion between myself and any of those other wounded egos on subjects like libel or computer programming ( I don't recall such a discussion ). So I really don't worry about your being snowed by their smoke and disliking me for explaining why is is smoke.

what about me, lee, what about me????? you challenged me to a shoot, i wanna shoot, now you're slinking off - what gives!!????

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
wmeek, you probably want to play Michael Jordan in basketball and Federer in tennis, too.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
your the one that claimed to be 'superior', i just want to compete...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
utah
I believe you left out arguing forestry with a Professor that has visited here as a consultant on the Kenai Peninsula spruce bettle problem... Among many other things.
art

details given to make clear it was another poster and to avoid identifying him... ha may want to do some leading...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
wmeek, you probably want to play Michael Jordan in basketball and Federer in tennis, too.

nope, not at all. you challenged me to a shoot. if jordan or federer challenged me to play their game i would be honored as well - they didn't, you did!

so let's do it!

really want to know which palma team(s) you've been on, or did you misrepresent yourself when you claimed you shot palme?

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
I gotta wonder Lee: when you post, do you pay any attention at all to who you're talking to ?

You apparently registered in 2005, that's more than ample time to figure out who is who and what individual members do both as a primary source of income and as a serious-enough hobby to generate supplemental income.

No, I haven't, Lefty, and I don't accept your assertion that any of these people are such professionals.

there you go. that about sums it up, I think.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have to get back to work designing my 4th generation CNC machine Deep Fryer, including all the software baskets to run it. Do any of you comprehend that (it) requires me to be a mechanical Fry engineer, electrical expanded metal engineer, and a software ketchup engineer ("computer programmer" not just a mere "do you want fries with that counter-hugging mouth breather)?

There Liar...I fixed it based on your recommendations from prior posts, so that we could all understand it.

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.