Hop To
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My post:

Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Lee24
You all read Ray Atkinson's post saying everything I said about walnut and sawing it was right. That's good enough for me. I even saved a copy for the future.

did you acknowledge his retraction, post #3368631. Just trying to be fair.

Your reply:
I acknowledge that Mr. Atkinson is offended by the way I handle you punks. He still agrees with me 100% on gunstock wood and how to cut it, because he knows what he is talking about. The facts about wood are the facts. He just didn't want his post sandwiched in between the your punk posts. I understand that.

since no one else gave you reason to notice Mr Atkinsons retraction, how could I not assume you called me a punk?

RWE, your posts were nowhere near Ray's, but I guess it makes you feel good to say I called you a punk, when I didn't. The punks know who they are.

No it doesn't make me feel good. I got no dog in this fight. Just standing on the principle that you were holding Mr atkinson's reply in regard, and he retracted.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
CLB, I can explain in detail how the machines I design actually work: the bearings, the motors, the routers, the embedded real-time software. Anyone with a brain can tell that I am not making it up, and you are smart enough to know that.

Why would I want to advertise who I am to some folks here who seem to be so hostile and mentally unstable? I can discuss the technical side with the sane adults without discussing my identity, or theirs.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Someday, in another thread, I might tell you about an automated system I developed for measuring various antenna signals in order for the engineers to relocate existing ones an locate new cellular, microwave and other radio/telephone antennas when upgrading a wide area or densely packed mixed signal environment. You might find that interesting.

This gem will make a great addition to this list of your accomplishments I created a few posts ago. Thanks!

Words without validation = NOISE

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lee, the reason is the "masses" here including myself have never reached the level of education and professionalism as you have claimed for yourself. You have painted yourself as "gods gift" to industry which you have included the shooting industry. You now have the moral obligation to post your credentials. And this is due to the fact that your areas of "expertise" need to be counted with use of a calculator. You have the opportunity to quench the thirst of many, but you fail to seize it.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
RWE, since you are in High Point, you can run over to Baker Furniture, near Winston Salem. They were one of the first fine furniture manufacturers to adopt CNC. I designed a custom machine for them in 1984, in order to carve the posters on their Charleston Rice Bed. They could, of course, build any other part they want to on it. Haven't been back there in 20 years, and assume they wore the old machine out and upgraded to a new one. There are lots of choices on the market now for big production woodworking.

This link is to an interior design firm, because it has photos of the Baker furniture which permit you to zoom in on the details cut by the router, using programmed tool changes.

http://www.kohlerinteriors.com/bake...eds&subcategory=&coll_id=324050#

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All that expertise and still can't operate a camera............

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Actually, I sent photos of that Model 70 to someone who can afford to buy it.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
What's the price tag on that M70?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Actually, I sent photos of that Model 70 to someone who can afford to buy it.

How much am I worth Lee? Do you know? Maybe I want to buy it.

How about any of the other posters here? Any ideas?

Maybe somebody else could afford it. Heck, you might get a bidding war going and get a lot more for it.

How do you know that one select unnamed individual is actually able to afford it? Did you run a credit check on him before sending him the pictures? Or did you just take his word for it, like you expect us to take your word for all of your "accomplishments"?

Come on Lee, post a picture here, and embarass all of us who "can't" afford it. Rub our noses in it and gloat with pride that you have something that we can't write the check for.

In case you need it... www.photobucket.com . Surely a multi-pedigreed engineer such as yourself can figure it out, and apparently you DO have the pictures of it....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If I sell one of my Model 70s, it would not be to a troll, at any price. I don't sell any nice gun to someone unless I know thy appreciate what they are getting.

But a troll has a better chance of seeing my Model 70 than they have of seeing triggerguard back up his claims about "JIT manufacturing at Winchester", or seeing VAnimrod to reveal the names of his alleged sources which said they never made the rifles that I, and some of my friends, now own.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
What's the asking price?

Fair question.

Money talks, bullschit walks.

What's the price?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what in the hell does ensuring that a gun goes to someone that appreciates it have to do with posting a picture of the [bleep] thing to even prove you have it. the ideas arent mutually exclusive.....dumbass.....

Last edited by rattler; 10/08/09.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Spite. Surely you, of all people, are aware of that concept.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If I sell one of my Model 70s, it would not be to a troll, at any price. I don't sell any nice gun to someone unless I know thy appreciate what they are getting.

But a troll has a better chance of seeing my Model 70 than they have of seeing triggerguard back up his claims about "JIT manufacturing at Winchester", or seeing VAnimrod to reveal the names of his alleged sources which said they never made the rifles that I, and some of my friends, now own.

I've got a brand new Super Express 416 that says you don't have it.......

I've had that offer for over a year and you're the only one in the world that would turn down a free rifle, when all it requires is a picture of the one that never existed.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP PERMANENTLY

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spite. Surely you, of all people, are aware of that concept.

fully aware of the concept, but i aint the one claiming im something i aint than getting b!tchy when the boys here dont believe me....

you have yet to show real proof of just one thing you say you are.....the rest of us have no such issues....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RWE, since you are in High Point, you can run over to Baker Furniture, near Winston Salem. They were one of the first fine furniture manufacturers to adopt CNC. I designed a custom machine for them in 1984, in order to carve the posters on their Charleston Rice Bed. They could, of course, build any other part they want to on it. Haven't been back there in 20 years, and assume they wore the old machine out and upgraded to a new one. There are lots of choices on the market now for big production woodworking.

This link is to an interior design firm, because it has photos of the Baker furniture which permit you to zoom in on the details cut by the router, using programmed tool changes.

http://www.kohlerinteriors.com/bake...eds&subcategory=&coll_id=324050#

Not sure which post I indicated I was in High Point, but yes I am there, right now in fact.

What reason would I have to do all of this?

Although I am in High Point, I am not a furniture expert. I do know, for economic reasons that Baker had plants in Mocksville, that moved to Hildebrand, but none that I know of in W-S. Although Kohler did have plants there before they bought Baker.

From the furniture nuts I know, Baker was and is renowned for their hand carving, which I'm sure does not apply to the bed posts of which you refer.

Anyway, I bow out of this fencing match, as I have no reason to either verify or condemn anyone's claims in this dispute which seems to predate my signing onto this board.

My only reason to speak up anymore than my popcorn post was a matter of forum formality and did not constitute any reasonable, real world representation of proof, discovery, evidence, or rules of order.

Lastly, I love computers. Enjoyed my own run with CNC's when I was a boy making ends meet in a machine shop as a floor sweeper (not a designer). Got to do some neat stuff after production hours.

But gun stocks really deserve hand tools.

My work in progress. Sorry no walnut, as it's still producing nuts.

Enjoy.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I didn't bother to look up where Baker has moved their manufacturing. All the furniture plants in NC have been in turmoil for years. Like guns, most people don't know quality or design, so they buy junk made in Asia or Mexico. Kohler is obsessive about quality in their core business, plumbing fixtures, too.

Baker is known for their hand carving. I am just telling you that I proved CNC capability to them by machine carving their most difficult signature piece, a fluted bed post with pineapple and rice head motifs. They said they would only use the machine to carve most of it and then finish it out by hand to preserve the individuality of each piece, and they seem to have done that.

I could provide a lot more links to other clients in furniture, boats, aerospace, firearms, cabinets, windows, doors, stair rails, pianos, guitars, etc, but you seem to get the point.

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
lee: you will be known by your unsung deeds not by your boosts. i would rather be hated for whom i am than loved for who i am not.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Liar24;

What's the price on the M70, .375H&H, rollstamped "Made in Columbia, SC"?

It's obviously for sale, given your quote above. So, what's the price?

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
A consistent 97% score in a 60-shot event like air pistol is 582.
Do you know anyone who consistently shoots a 582 in air pistol or any other pistol events, or offhand rifle? Then for wmeeks to claim it is a "pretty low score" shows him to be a non-competitor.

lee24,

i diddn't say air pistol - i said some events. sure, you can cherry pick events and 97% is tough, however, i was thinking rifle, as that's where our (you & me) conversation began, and as your supposedly (in your mind) the big palma kahuna - 97% is only a 437.5/450. nra high power - 485/500. nra prone - 1552/1600 (now that's really tough!!!). i realise you're the great pistol shooter, and have made great claims:

Originally Posted by wmeek
I am glad for those of you who can compete without practicing.
I can't. If I am not going to shoot at least 565 out of 600 on the course, I don't want to bother with a match.

lee24,

shoulda gone to beijing(as in 2008 olympic games) - 563 won the free pistol event!!

(isu is now uit) [i guess it's actually issf most recently]

while i only ask a couple simple questions, as i originally inquired in an effort to gain some of your knowledge to help some of my friends who are trying out for the palma team. i guess you're just to stuck on yourself to help.

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

601 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,683
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.