P
now,now, boys

BP-B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Lee24
Sounds good. How about none of you post any insults to anyone here again?

How about you post some proof of the bullschit claims you've made?

Starting with evidence of the Model 70 in .375H&H, roll stamped "Made in Columbia, SC", along with the asking price?

How about a list of about 5 or 6 competitions that you scored at least 97%?

That'll be a start.......... though I doubt you'll ever even enter the blocks.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by wmeek
Sounds good. How about none of you post any insults to anyone here again?

lee24,

i never insulted, only asked questions of you, yet you turn and insult me.

what up with that?????

Heck, you invited him to shoot at a competition with you (as your guest, IIRC), and he first ignored you like a leper, then started insulting you when you pushed him on that and his false claims. Go figure..............

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If he qualifies for one of the same events I decide to shoot in, then he will get to shoot against me. Same for you, hotshot.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
What's your next one?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What, where, when so I can witness this as well. Always wanted to meet a legend.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If he qualifies for one of the same events I decide to shoot in, then he will get to shoot against me. Same for you, hotshot.

lee24,

how quickly we forget? you challenged me at long range high power (ie palma), you announced you were a superior rifle shooter (your exact words), i'm just trying to accomodate your challenge...... why are you now backpedaling and trying to change what you originally said??

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

lee24,

you also implied that you were a member of the usamu international rifle team when you told me that fort benning supplied you with an isu rifle and ammunition. so if you would rather a different rifle event i would understand, and gladly accomodate that challenge - maybe we could sell tickets!!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
sorry, but just have to share (from the competition page):

wmeek, I didn't challenge you or anyone else to shoot.
I've shot against the best in six different disciplines.
I just asked where you shot and what kind of scores are typical. Sorry to bust your bubble.

lee24,

au contraire mon ami. couple months ago in another thread:

Are you doing any Palma match shooting right now?
Maybe I could come shoot against you. Start a thread and post the schedule.

and just minutes ago:

and my replies:

lee24,

how quickly we forget? you challenged me at long range high power (ie palma), you announced you were a superior rifle shooter (your exact words), i'm just trying to accomodate your challenge...... why are you now backpedaling and trying to change what you originally said??

lee24,

you also implied that you were a member of the usamu international rifle team when you told me that fort benning supplied you with an isu rifle and ammunition. so if you would rather a different rifle event i would understand, and gladly accomodate that challenge - maybe we could sell tickets!!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You'll get nowhere with him.

Once reality sets in completely, he'll probably be suck-starting a Smith & Wesson.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
One could only hope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by triggerguard1

Once reality sets in completely, he'll probably be suck-starting a Smith & Wesson.

I would never advocate driving someone to that stage. Well, OK, maybe just this once. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by triggerguard1

I would never advocate driving someone to that stage. Well, OK, maybe just this once. grin

We would not drive him there. Maybe just buy him a one way ticket . . . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The only topic I've ever seen on the Campfire that I really knew something sbout. I grew up in the architectural millwork industry and either saw or made every mistake that can be made with selecting, machining, treating, and/or specifying wood.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

I get all ginned up to educate you guys and Savage2005 gets it exactly right, on the first page of the thread. Not fair. John Atkinson also gets it exactly right on the virtue of quartersawn...for any application involving very large, short-lived stress. Like, say, a 416 Rigby being fired. Sorry, but this stuff ain't rocket science. These things have been known and well-understood for well over a thousand years.

So, I kept reading, disappointed though I was.

I am a newcomer here, and thus without bias as to known azzhats. HERE'S THE TRUE RULE: Lee24 is jerking your chains. But, I sure would like to see a pic of that FN/Win70 .375...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since this is still going on and I won't read the entire diatribe I figure adding the solution at this time will provide an end to this fracas.

With a hacksaw.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wpsuth
Sorry, but this stuff ain't rocket science.

Good post...but as you said, you're new here...

Some of us won't understand it unless you rephrase it...

"...this stuff is not rocket surgery...."

grin
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
good post and welcome to the 'fire !

you're welcome to play along with the rest of us:

the game is to guess both which diploma Lee will have next plus the google link he'll post to "verify" the previous PhD. Triple points for getting them both right on the same Lee reply.

wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think he will have a PhD in Rocket Surgery... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still trying to figure out why a guy would want to write his own RTOS for 68xxx when there have been so many good ones available almost from the start. And OS/2? Maybe with a gun to my head. But then I live in an 8 bit world, mostly.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The RTOS which exist today did not exist in the mid-1980s.
Neither did off-the-self servo and stepper motor axis controllers.
The PC was still 8-bit.

That is why real-time data acquisistion systems, machine control and avionics were developed in embedded real-time operating systems designed and developed from the ground up for 32-bit processors like the Z-8000, 68000, and NS-32000 series, usually on VME bus or Multibus.

By 1987, I was able to develop modular RTOS with a micro kernel and plug-and-play device drivers, for the Intel 80286, which is totally portable to the 80386 and Pentium chips. Once you have done that, why would you spend time and money using QNX, VRTX, Wind River - which are intended for programmers who don't know how and don't need to know how to create the OS, only the application. My RTOS has support for the PC console in all modes, as well as RS-232 terminals, a windowing system in text mode and a GUI, which most of those commercial systems lacked until recently, and still lack.

OS/2, being a genuine real-time operating systems which had a GUI interface, made a lot of sense for machine control, and was used for that. IBM mismanaged its development and application.

Over 98% of the software running in the word is embedded real-time, much of it still written from scratch, starting on the iron. Others have enough memory and board size to use 8, 16, and even 32-bit commercial operating systems. Many still use microcontrollers, like the ARM or PIC, with their own little RTOS tools.

Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
464 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.