Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If you like living in San Diego, move to Boise. Boise is simply a conglomeration of liberals from Seattle, Portland and San Diego, mixed in with a bunch of other liberals from California. The place has been destroyed. It used to be a small beautiful town.

I grew up outside of Boise when it was small, will never go back. An example. Meridian went from roughly 500 people to roughly 50,000. That should be a clue.

Personally I would move to Wyoming. (sorry to my Wyoming friends). There are still many great places in Wyoming. Idaho has simply been discovered and overrun with jackasses on 4 wheelers.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colorado used to be a great place. Its been overrun by left coasters.

Ca used to be a great place until it was overrun by the rest of the country. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Colorado is definitely the best place to move.

Definitely do NOT move to Wyoming. The people are nasty, the terrain is dull, game is hard to come by, the politics are inscrutable, and there are no jobs.

Trust me, I've done the research.

Yeah, doctors have no clout here...except maybe in Jackson. Don't need no dang doctors anyways....

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I would definitely advise any of you looking for a nice western state to move to to pick New York. (Please Dear God, Please! Send them there)

In the land of the blind, the one eye is king.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet Idaho.

I do really like living in WA but I'm surrounded by libtards.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know you said AK is out of the mix, but it's worth seeing if the wife can handle it. The key is being active in the winter, and Hawaii is a non stop flight from Anchorage.

I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, though I have been thinking about a winter place in the Bahamas.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I cant complain about northern Utah. I am central to great hunting, I can be in NoCal in 12 hours for fishing, or MT,WY,OR,CO,NM,AZ,NV in the same time or less.

But I have found towns in every western state that would suit me, like Dillon MT, Lander WY, soda springs ID, Eagle CO (one of my favorite's) Elko NV, the list could go on for a few pages.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Soda Springs Idaho is an interesting spot. Very nice area. Not overrun with people. It's at a bit of elevation, so winters might be a little harsh. But I like Soda.

And it really does have a soda spring. World's only carbonated cold water geyser.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here are my primary interests: Hunting- all types of big game and predators, Fishing- mostly trout, steelhead and salmon via flyrod or regular rod and reel, Hiking, Camping.

Washington hands down. Best fishing I've ever encountered. Some hunting, but close to all the western states. East side of the state only. West side is a california clone.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheShootist
I would definitely advise any of you looking for a nice western state to move to to pick New York. (Please Dear God, Please! Send them there)

Thanks

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Colorado used to be a great place. Its been overrun by left coasters.

Ca used to be a great place until it was overrun by the rest of the country. smile

California was indeed a great place. Nearly all the population increase in the past twenty or thirty years is from immigration, both legal and illegal. Think if you could turn the clock back to when it was reasonable. I remember the "Christmas in California" specials with Dean Martin and seeing Ronald Reagan out there on his ranch. A truly magical land that has been ruined by humans. Sad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Colorado has too many taxes. Now they add taxes and you don't get to vote on any of them. You even have to pay a tax on storm water which you can not use. Place is full California geeks and gangs.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys know I get defensive when all the California bashing starts.
I just returned to my country home in Northern California from Wyoming.
Damn the weather is nice here.
While in Wyoming my 16 year old kid says to me "Dang dad, you just can't get away from other hunters here".
All easy access is jammed with dudes in orange.
Unless you have horses or backpack several miles in, you have company if you hunt public land.
EVERYONE hunts it seems like.
Every Pickup has a quad in back with guys wearing orange.
Utah is even worse, way worse.

Yeah the lefty freaks here suck, but western Washington is just as bad.
BUT, if you can find a nice chunk of property to live on here in the north, then get to know your neighbors, life is very good indeed.

Two buck tags a year (and easy to fill if you have connections), tons of turkeys, great waterfowl & pheasants in the rice fields.
NOTHING short of Alaska compared in the fishing dept till they closed salmon season...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...few_of_this_year_s_fish_pics#Post1048764

The salmon population has crashed before, I do hope it comes back again.
We still have steelhead, trout & ditch pickles though.

The thing with Cali is you can still make good enough wages to travel to your outdoor destinations, just be prepared to be hated because of the licence plate you wear....(I say fugg em)
You can be at the ocean, the waterfowl marshes or the snow covered alpine mountains in the same day
The urban areas of EVERY state simply drive me insane, Boise, SLC, Anchorage, Cheyenne, Denver, Missoula or San Francisco I don't care where it is it sucks.
You can still live a country lifestyle here in northern California and there are still good folks here, don't let the others fool you.
I suppose I would be elsewhere if single, but my family keeps me here and I make the best of it.

Proud NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I wouldn't know where "the best western state ro live in". That covers way too much territory.

As much as I dislike California as a state, it had good fishing, good hunting, and good scenery. But I'm glad to be back in Boise.

If you want to, or have to live in a metro area then Boise is better than others. At least I wouldn't leaving here for another metro. Just live close to work.

If I was leaving here I'd consider Ontario Oregon, or the Lewiston Idaho areas. Technically Ontario is in the Boise Metro area.

If your inclined to work Corrections consider in Ontario. It has the biggest prison in Oregon. Idaho Corrections pays so low you'd need a seperate income just to afford to work for them.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
salmonella,

If you need a king salmon fix in the saltwater, I'm hanging up my guiding hat, and just fishing for fun all summer long in 2010. Just tell me when you're showing up..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Cal,
My son & I were planning a DIY trip on the Kenai next year in October for some giant rainbows.
A lot depends on what tags show up in the mailbox next year.
Thanks for the offer.
You truly are one of the good guys!

Proud NRA Life Member
South East Washington State. You are next to Idaho and Oregon. Take you pick woods, desert or mountains. I wouldn't mind if the west side fell off, a bunch of liberals and democrats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Salmonella
You guys know I get defensive when all the California bashing starts.
I just returned to my country home in Northern California from Wyoming.
Damn the weather is nice here.
While in Wyoming my 16 year old kid says to me "Dang dad, you just can't get away from other hunters here".
All easy access is jammed with dudes in orange.
Unless you have horses or backpack several miles in, you have company if you hunt public land.
EVERYONE hunts it seems like.
Every Pickup has a quad in back with guys wearing orange.
Utah is even worse, way worse.

Yeah the lefty freaks here suck, but western Washington is just as bad.
BUT, if you can find a nice chunk of property to live on here in the north, then get to know your neighbors, life is very good indeed.

Two buck tags a year (and easy to fill if you have connections), tons of turkeys, great waterfowl & pheasants in the rice fields.
NOTHING short of Alaska compared in the fishing dept till they closed salmon season...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...few_of_this_year_s_fish_pics#Post1048764

The salmon population has crashed before, I do hope it comes back again.
We still have steelhead, trout & ditch pickles though.

The thing with Cali is you can still make good enough wages to travel to your outdoor destinations, just be prepared to be hated because of the licence plate you wear....(I say fugg em)
You can be at the ocean, the waterfowl marshes or the snow covered alpine mountains in the same day
The urban areas of EVERY state simply drive me insane, Boise, SLC, Anchorage, Cheyenne, Denver, Missoula or San Francisco I don't care where it is it sucks.
You can still live a country lifestyle here in northern California and there are still good folks here, don't let the others fool you.
I suppose I would be elswhere if single, but my family keeps me here and I make the best of it.

I detest southern California, norther California should be a separate state. From the worst $hit bird people in the southern part of the state to the finest people you will ever meet in your life, northern folks are just down right special people. What happened? It must be the water that makes the difference.

The difference is so dramatic that you think you just entered the twilight zone.

I really don't know that much about the fishing, but the people up north are sure a fine lot of folks.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Yah been there what the average wage. Turned down too many jobs in that State you have to be able to make a desent living. Not a bad place to retire.

Reminds me of a time about twenty years ago. We had some corporate guys doing some work at our facility. One of them, after following me around for a couple of shifts, offered me work in S Cali at "3 times what you're making here".

I asked him if I could support my life style in Cali at the promised wage.

"I don't know, what is your life style?"

"I want my own piece of ground. 20 acres minimum. Space to raise my own beef and keep a few horses. No neighboring houses for at least 1/2 mile. The ability to shoot high power rifles safely from my front porch. Nobody close enough to needlessly call the cops if it becomes necessary to spank one of my kids. Elk and deer hunting, with a high likelihood of success, and a low likelihood of tripping over other hunters within an hour drive. Streams, rivers, and lakes to fish within an hour drive."

Oh, and by the way, I value time with my family, so I do not want to spend more than 40 minutes daily commuting."

The California corporate guy shook his head and admitted I could not even come close to meeting my needs in California at 3 times money I was then making in Idaho. (Well actually I work just over the river in Eastern Oregon and live in Idaho.)

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is hard to beat western washington. just stay out of the cities and away from the sniveling liberal in it!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,909 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.