Print Thread
Hop To
R
Redwood Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Can anyone put a value on one of these for me 2.5-10x48.Also how do the rate as far as optics go ?I havent looked through it yet and I've always used fixed but don't want to go into negotiations blind if I like it. x48 seems kinda big but ya never know until you look I guess

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Used price runs from a low end of maybe $700 (more like $800) up to $1100-$1200.

Don't look through it. Turning back is next to impossible. They are bigger and heavier than need be but the optics have no peer other than Swaro and S & B which are equally costly.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Diaviari's are best in the world, bar none IMO. Impossible to do any better.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Redwood Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
How much of a difference in price is there between the t coating and the mc ? going to look in a few.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've heard a lot of good things about Zeiss optics. Can someone tell us about:

1. How durable are they to heavy recoil?
2. How repeatable are the settings? If you move them say 1/4 MOA on the scope does the POI reliably change by 1/4 MOA on the target?
3. How is warranty support?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've had a Diavari on a .300 Win mag for several years (at least 250 rounds fired with that scope in place). It's not heavy recoil but has destroyed another (inexpensive) scope. I don't know about repeatability of settings, because I never changed them after sighting in. I don't know about warranty support either, because it hasn't had a problem. I like it and would buy another one.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a 3-9x36 version that came on a used rifle I bought. I'm no scope expert, but it has become my favorite scope. I would also appreciate any info on the one I have. Mine is only slightly larger than a Leupold 2.5-8x36 and the front half is rubber armored. From what I have been able to find it seems this particular version was only made for a short time during the 80's

Last edited by JMR40; 10/20/09.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have one on a 300 WM that I cracked the stock on from recoil. Scope's fine, had to get a new stock though. Have another on a 7600 that I ran 130 grain bullets up to 3260, and that came back pretty snappy but the scope didn't suffer.

You can reliably trust them to move the indicated amount per click. Every time. Crank it up twenty clicks, over ten and fire it then down twenty and back over ten and it will return to where it was originally. Every time.

I have five Ziess' and have no idea about the warranty service, never had a problem. The only downside to them is that they ain't cheap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be very careful when someone says they are selling a Zeiss Diavari. A Diavari what? It's very similar to selling a Leupold VariX. Is it a Diavari Z/ZM or a Diavari V/VM (the first letters mean without a rail, the second two are with rails)? If I remember correctly, the 2.5-10x48mm is a Diavari Z that was discontinued 7 to 10 years ago. Good glass but much heavier than a V which has the AOS optical system with superior glass, much larger field of view and longer eye relief. I haven't seen someone who knew what he was buying pay more than $600 for a Z. I don't think they sold on the street for more than about $1,000 when new. Or, I could be wrong. It's happened before.

OD

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
R
Redwood Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Ok,heres the deal.I went and looked at a
Montana and it had the older Diavari Z on.
It shoots,and lets just say I think I did alright.
I didnt put that high a trade value on it when I was cyfering in the ol'noodle.Gotta get me a shooting sling on it and practice as this things LIGHT.Ran a bunch through her and I think It'll grow on me even more ,but dang it's light.It's got a break on it which I wasn't to keen on;but when it shot so dang nice;grouped well and hardly kicked we worked a deal we were both comfortable with I couldnt walk away

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad you got a good deal! If you're happy, that's all that matters. smile

OD

There is a very fine line between idiotic and clever. Most internet posters have no idea where it is.
Just wondering if anyone could clarify how the Diavari 3-9x36 'Made in USA' stacks up against the current Zeiss Conquest range please?

I believe they were the forerunner to the Conquest, yet still used the Diavari model name. Are they of the same quality as a 'proper' German made Diavari or closer to the more budget level Conquests?

I see a few of the 3-9x36 Diavaris for sale and wonder what they are really worth vs the sellers high expectations wink

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have 4 German Diavari 3x9x36's and think they are the best scope made in that size range. Kenny Jarrett says they are fragile and I have had to send 1 back to Germany with broken cross hairs. It took a year to get back but that was before they had a plant in the USA. If I find a long tube version in the $400.00 range I buy it. There was a 3x9x42 for sale in classifieds last month that I stupidly did not buy.

The Diavari MCs were built in the old B&L plant using German parts, I have never owned 1 so I can't pass judgement.

Last edited by gahuntertom; 10/22/09.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have an old Diavari Z that I bought (20) years ago. It has spent most of it's life on two magnum rifles, first a .300 H&H and now a .300 WSM that my son now uses for elk hunting. It has survived (20) years of magnum recoil and is still bright and going strong.

The MC coating is used on old US assembled scopes. The T* coating is used on all German made Zeiss scopes.

CDR3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.