Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Go to the link and read the comments...

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=109763&sectionid=3510203#foc

US student gang raped with 15 onlookers
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:24:03

A 15-year-old female California high school student was gang raped for two and a half hours while 15 others stood around, watching the assault.

None of the 15 male onlookers called the police or tried to help the young victim, a student at Richmond High School in suburban San Francisco, according to police investigators.

"Based on witness statements and suspect statements, and also physical evidence, we know that she was raped by at least four suspects� committing multiple sexual assaults, said Lieutenant Mark Gagan of Richmond police department.

The victim was found unconscious and "brutally assaulted" under a bench shortly before midnight Saturday, after police received a call from someone in the area who had overheard people at the scene of the assault, "reminiscing about the incident," Gagan said.

"There is one individual in custody who has made some spontaneous statements that have led me to believe that he is culpable for what happened," Richmond police Lt. Johan Simon said.

Lieutenant Simon added that a nineteen-year-old boy named Manuel Ortega, said to be a former student at the school, was arrested soon after he fled the scene and will face charges of rape, robbery and kidnapping.

Several other individuals were detained at the scene but not arrested, Simon noted.

The victim has been reported to be in a stable condition in a Richmond hospital.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
19 people need to be imprisoned to learn some of life's simple lessons, it appears.

The people who watched....jail and shame upon their parents! I'm grateful in knowing that, at a minimum, my son would have got his ass beat by a portion of those 15.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Now THERE'S some examples of fine parenting.. I hope the participants get life - but then, it IS San Fransisco so a wrist-slap's in order..

If I was the father of that girl, there'd be at least four dudes who will be running for their very lives.. Might take me a day - might take me a year.. But they'd pay - hoo boy, would they pay..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those punks better hope that girl's family doesn't belong to the 'Fire.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The story is very disturbing.

But Pat's right. The comments to that piece are nearly just as disturbing...

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put them in a large cannon and shoot them against the side of a sky scraper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say as I am shocked. Several years ago during the Puerto Rico Day parade in NYC 3 women were VERRRRY close to being given the same treatment by as many different groups of the drunken "Barrio Boys". I would say offhand that what makes this incident really significant is that it WAS reported.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of the names that I've seen have been hispanic. I wonder how many are illegals. SF just passed a new city law that prohibits underage criminals from being deported. Think this rape will change any minds in SF? Not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
SF just passed a new city law that prohibits underage criminals from being deported
+++++++++++++

Did SF also pass a law as to whether they'll pay the tab on a dead juvenile alien's funeral expenses?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last week, they had a story about a little middle school kid who was doused with alcohol and lit on fire by his schoolmates over a bike. They stood there and watched him burn until he went out. He's alive and will be in the hospital a very long time. They arrested a 15 year old boy for murdering the little girl and throwing her in the landfill. I don't think there should be age prosecuting violent criminals, and I believe that if you murder someone, there should be no place on this Earth for you. Sorry. Parents too, if your kid's under 18 and commits a crime or causes damage, you're legally responsible as well. Lock them up with their kids, I'll bet more of them will know what little Joey's doing when he's not home!

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by isaac
19 people need to be imprisoned to learn some of life's simple lessons, it appears.

The people who watched....jail and shame upon their parents! I'm grateful in knowing that, at a minimum, my son would have got his ass beat by a portion of those 15.

Unless, of course, any of them are your clients.

Then, they are innocent . . . . . whistle

On a more serious note, this is terribly disturbing.

May God have mercy on the Victim.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 10/28/09.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Another sad story. So many violent crimes like this in 2009.

Hopefully the one's involved will get raped also........in jail.

Last edited by slg888; 10/28/09.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a 15 YO daughter. I don't care what happened, no child deserves this. If it was my daughter those "boys" would be begging for prison.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
As the father of a 16 month little girl, all I can say is that its very unfair that the victims father he now has to choose between being their for his little girl and doing to the punks what by all rights he should do.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I probably shouldn't post this, but I have a friend whose life long best friend, the guy who introduced him to his wife molested his daughter. She would run and hide when he came over and one day, she told her Mom that she was sore from the guy grabbing her. They called the police and they arrested the guy. Everybody was, of course in the macho way we do things, encouraging my friend to shoot the guy. The "if it was my daughter he'd disappear." There were even offers of help dumping the guy in the bay or in a nice bog up in Maine. He was thinking about it. When I talked to him I tried to remind him that his wife and two girls didn't need their Dad going away for murder, and he couldn't kill someone and go back to living a normal life. The way inmates treat child molesters, letting the guy go to prison would be the right thing. Cooperate with law enforcement and the prosecutor and put the guy away. He went away, and I'm sure his prison experience is much like we'd all hope it would be. An eye for an eye might work if you're alone in the World, but it doesn't work if you've got a family.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rob p,
And that my friend is exactly what is wrong with our legal system. For Capital crimes of violence and sex crimes there is no retribution for the victim(s)or their family against the perpetrator(s). Mercy is appropriate in other situations but not for these types of crimes. For these crimes the legal standard should at least reflect the type of crime and the anguish that it causes the victim(s) and their family. Further, there should be one sentence for such crimes with no latitude in sentencing given to judges once a guilty verdict is returned. If the victim's life is ruined, the perpetrator(s) get life in prison. If the victim dies, the perpetrator(s) die, and if the victim(s) are tortured to death, then the sentence should be as appropriate (ie.the perpetrator(s) are thrown to the lions). Will this stop or discourage crime? No, but crime prevention is not the issue and we should not confuse the police policy of crime prevention with justice as crime prevention occurs before the crime has been committed and justice is administered after the crime has been committed to balance the scales between the perpetrator(s) and the victim(s). How this point of difference was lost in the legal system is astonishing considering how learned the practitioners of law are supposed to be. Nevertheless this point needs to be re-established and vigorously asserted if our legal system is to have any force, validity, or meaning to society.

Flower Child

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
ALL OF THEM SHOULD NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN,PERIOD.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by isaac

imprisoned my ass, how about public castration?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rob I hear you and it makes sense, tis why a guy needs a few friends in life.

anything ever happens to one of my pard's kids, I'm expectin them to have an airtight alibi with witnesses while the perp undergoes treatment no human should endure before sweet merciful death takes them away

there's more than one way to skin a cat, and face it some cats just need skinned

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.