Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I picked up the above mentioned rifle a couple of months ago off Gunbroker. It is a Blue/Walnut model, chambered for 6.5x55. I presently have mounted a Leupold VXII 2x7. I don't have a scale in the house, but I know "tubby" when I pick it up.

I guess the Walnut stick could be traded out, but what kind of weight savings are we talking about? I checked the McM site, and did not see the Edge available in the Ruger handle.

We are working with a 22" tube here as well. I may not be opposed to cutting to 21" and recrowning, but I know that won't make any real difference.

I guess I could just man up and carry the darn thing, but I'll never really learn to love it in this shape.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

BP-B6

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A for sale sign will get you far and fast............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker

Another worthless smarta$$ post.

Apparently nobody here is anywhere near your standards in shooting ability or what rifle they choose to use, so why do you even bother?

Rather than throwing your rifles on the ground, try tossing them off a cliff and make sure you jump down after them.

Life is just one damned thing after another
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I agree with selling it and getting something he can work with..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Light" Ruger,is an oxymoron(get someone to explain it to you).

Firstly,the receivers are heavy,as are their rings and bottom metal,as well as their contours.

Your insecurity is wellfounded and stupidiy just as obvious..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Best way to shave weight on the gun is to first shave weight on the hunter. Seriously you can trim far more weight off the hunter than you can the gun. Go to the gym, work out a little, drop 10 pounds and you'd be surprised how little difference 2 lbs. makes in a gun.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My factory synthetic stocked Ruger MK-2's weigh 7 lbs unscoped. Right at 8 with scope and rings. Not a lightweight, but manageable. The wood stocked versions weigh about 1/4 lb more. Unfortunately there are very few options for a lightweight stock.

Loosing weight in a gym has nothing to do with carrying a gun and just a few ounces can make a huge difference in how a gun carries and balances.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You very obviously haven't tasted a light rifle,done right.

I've rifle of all ilks and the differences are stark,for a multitude of reasons.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by PaleWhiteCracker

Another worthless smarta$$ post.

Apparently nobody here is anywhere near your standards in shooting ability or what rifle they choose to use, so why do you even bother?

Rather than throwing your rifles on the ground, try tossing them off a cliff and make sure you jump down after them.

don't let him get to ya, he may not gently spoon feed it to ya, but the sucka knows some chit on rifles and how they work.

sure he's opinionated, but those opinions seemed to have been formed in doing rather than speculating.

I felt pretty comfortable in riflecraft when I showed up here, but only cause I didn't know how dumb I was on the subject. have learned a lot, had my eyes opened to possibilities I didn't realize existed and am exploring those.

as to the smartazz, yeah guilty as charged, but please be patient with us, it's Alaska, if we ain't killin something, then we're killing time playing with rifles and such or killin each other with who can be the biggest smartazz.

it ain't like we got a lot of options like going to the opry or the ballgame or anything

6x42 scope????? WTF kinda nonsense is that? I was thinking, now the one that resides atop my 7 mag with elevation turrets is making more sense all the time.

if you can stand a little needling there's some stuff a guy can pick up that's pretty danged handy to know. YMMV

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scoring a light handle for a 77,isn't as easy as a 700 either...besides costing more to boot.

Yet another reason for the sign..............

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1ak,

I know your words to be true.

Yes, there is an ounce of knowledge buried in each pound of social manure PWC, TM, BS dishes out.............

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am not forced to guess..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not the point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Should you prefer supposition,you'll do well to scroll past my commenting in the firsthand,in regards to wares I know well............

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Check on a Basners hi tech.
They are very light.
A little spendy, but not like a McM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had to laff "ounce of knowledge in each pound of social manure"

that was funny

we're trying to get the money refunded back from Dale Carnegie on that class we sent him to......but the tight fisted sumbitches ain't returned a dime so far

they say he was their star pupil, was selling baby carriages to old maids and ice cream to Eskimos by the end of the day. Go figure?

will say I hold him responsible for driving up the price of Ingram knives, still a sweet blade but even sweeter when could be had for a measly buck-buck fifty. damnit jim I hate it when that happens but happy for Gene, hopefully he's able to salt some away, a superior craftsmen should be rewarded for his efforts.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please suffer me forking through the stakes of hay in your posts looking for any needle of knowledge I might find.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You've been led to water.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Should add,that you really should take notes because alot of it is going to sail way over your head.

It'll give you something to aspire to.............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I go on my own devices.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
332 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.